1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Reduce Knight Attack to One Target

Discussion in 'Balance' started by stees, Aug 16, 2014.

1. stees

stees Builder Stabber

Maybe arrows should be able to go thru players and hit multiple targets if they're standing in the same spot?

Yeah, it's bad idea. And it's a bad idea that that knights can do exactly that.

Knight sword attack needs to be reduced to a single target, just like any other attack.

2. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

or since they're the ones, you know, mainly on the front lines that it would make sense that they can slash multiple people relatively close to each other. if there were attacks reduced to single targets, it would become unneedingly harder if you faced a 2 v 1 unless you're good at kiting them away. groups of knights single attacking one guy in group fights would just be annoying.

Apronymous and Malitha like this.
  3. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

Nope, i think it would be glitchy like changing targets in the middle of a 1 vs 2, also, this plus jab spamming with stuns, it would be just annoying and derp.

4. stees

stees Builder Stabber

"groups of knights single attacking one guy in group fights would just be annoying."

I agree it's annoying when one guy can hold off a group. It makes sense that groups would have an advantage, which would promote more teamwork and reduce rambo style solo attacks.

Whether it's glitchy would depend on how well they programmed it. The concept is not inherently glitchy, that makes no sense.

5. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

not really, cause now if you can only hit one person in the usual combat situation everyone is going to try and hide behind others
    you slash/jab one person? the dude behind him rapes you since you couldn't hit him

6. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

The problem with a change like this is the fact that it would seriously reduce emphasis on player skill. Effectively, the ability for one Knight to take on several others at once would disappear almost entirely, leading to a slower game, more stalemates, and a lot of lose-lose situations for single Knights, which, simply put, is not fun.

7. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

[​IMG]

Seriously though, there's enough people pussies already ragequitting because they think the knight is too weak. Do you really want to give cyanide to the KAG community?

NinjaCell and Malitha like this.
  8. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Okay so this is really extreme, so here's a somewhat more reasonable version of your idea:
    • Secondary targets take only 1.5 hearts damage
    Knights are now less powerful at aoe, and must slash a group of opposing knights at least 3 times to totally kill them.

Hopefully that will save your thread from most of the incoming shitstorm

9. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

i think its a terrible idea personally

Anonymuse and TheAverageMan like this.
  10. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

11. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

--- Double Post Merged, Aug 17, 2014, Original Post Date: Aug 17, 2014 ---
    i hate when i accidentally put my quote in other people quote, sigh...

12. IMO Worst Idea 2014
    Everyone has an opinion, but I think everyone has the same idea as me here

13. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

to be honest, its just a very very very very VERY bad idea. knight has always been able to hit multiple people even in classic. just stop complaining about things that arent broken and get used to playing the game.

DatNobby likes this.
  14. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

No. Not at all. You are either new, terrible, or don't play knight.

Being able to hit through targets are EASILY within the range of logic, but you think otherwise.
    So, you can only swing a sword upwards? Not sideways, or from the bottom left corner up to the right? You can only hit one person in a sword-fight? Or any combat with a stick-like weapon? Nope. You can. Easily.

Arrows, they are such small things. And you'd have to have a hugely powerful arm to pull the bowstring back AND have to have a metal bowstring or something, since one or the other would snap or break before you could get a piercing arrow, especially with armored assailants.

Too many suggestions that pretty much would buff archers. Too many to nerf knights. No one seems to know the natural order of this game, and that ticks me off. Learn the balance, learn the game, rek some n00bs.

Archer buff suggestions OP, plz nerf.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  15. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

if this was added there'd be no way to handle multiple knights, this would lower the overall skill cap of the game and make one's skill useless vs teamwork, no matter how shitty the teamwork is. i dont agree with this, a good knight should be able to kill 5 other knights if they do a terrible job of working together.

16. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

If this is going in I want homing arrows as well. Which penetrate shields. And instant-kill. Then the weak and pitiful knights will be forced to bow down to the true superior class: The Almighty Archer. With twenty hearts and a jetpack, laser arrows and a plasma shield, we will rule the skies!

Ash kalus durbatulûk, ash kalus gimbatul, ash kalus thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

dayleaf, Anonymuse and Dargona1018 like this.
  17. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

and dont forget about builders, they will have healing drones that insta heal them and cant be destroyed, also a mega magic drill that destroys 3 blocks instantly any direction, oh and a mecha, it costs 1 coin and has 40 hearts, homing missiles, machine guns and can spawn droids that shoot people!

I guess we all agree, this wouldnt be good in-game (the single target).

Dargona1018 and NinjaCell like this.
  18. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Oh no, but wait! It's not at all balanced!

We gotta have knights have 1 heart, and they don't have a sword and shield.
    They'll have small bows made out of sticks, with no bowstring, and can only hold one arrow at any time, dealing 0.0273581274 hearts of damage.
    Oh, and also, they are 5 tiles high, easy to hit, but hey, they can jump higher.

But no, in all reality, this would be more exploitable then boulders (useless bugged-out shitrocks *grumble*).
    Imagine this:

5 knights, 1 builder. The knights deflect arrows, so archers are useless.
    Builders deal minimal damage, and so are useless.

Knights can defeat them? Nope.
    2 knights in the group will shield, 1 will slash, and 2 will jab.
    Shields will make it be where jabs can't get through, jabs will make sure that they can't jab, the slashes will take down their shield, open to the jabbers, and the builder will go on their way to destroy the flag.

You want to try bombs or explosives? Nope.
    You can't kill, so you need to build. You place enough blocks to get a bomb. Good.
    You throw the bomb down, the shields keep it from hurting anyone.
    Oh, a keg? Okay, have fun placing enough blocks to fill the whole map to get 120 coins while that one (oh look, someone else joined) those two builders get through all your defenses.

Sorry to shoot down your suggestion. I would encourage you to ask a Staff Member to lock/archive the thread to be rid of any other ridicule. Just Report your post and say something to the effect of "I made this thread, I wish it to be locked and deleted".

NinjaCell and dayleaf like this.