1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BUILD 1215 - Rebalance and Fix Central

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Solomon-Grundy

Solomon-Grundy Shopkeep Stealer

All I gotta say: thanks for fixing the game. :)

2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

i never bitched without reason?

3. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Yes finally a BAlANCED KAG :D

Medieval likes this.
  4. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

your reason was bad.
    -----------
    I'm enjoying the new update however I have a few problems to raise (and solutions!)

• I'm really glad you guys removed the infinite wall climbing glitch, but lowering the wall climb felt a bit unnecessary, you've got a mechanic in the game that does barely nothing. I would REALLY love to see it buffed back too 4 blocks.
    • The jabbing isn't really my favorite thing in the world. It feels broken and misleading too new players, however it definitely increases the skill ceiling dramatically. making the jab counter harder to pull of would be very beneficially IMO.
    • Builder still feels weak, I'm absolutely clueless on what would make it stronger though.
    • With these crazy stalemates on certain maps, maybe add tickets for awhile, just a few build to try it out.
    Besides them its a nice build, keep up the good work developers!

Klokinator and EhRa like this.
  5. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Tickets = No stalemates. Tickets are fun and makes noobs New players think about what they are doing.

6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Aww man, a new ground-breaking patch gets released and I wasn't around to make fun of the all the gratuitous complainers. Shucks. Rayray gets all the fun. ::(:

Grumbling aside, I'm now even more cranky with my lack of stable internet-- this update looks fabulous on paper, and the feedback from (what I'd consider to be) sensible/trustworthy sources seems to generally confirm that. Damn, I really need to work something out. Dis all looks like it gunna be fun! \o/

Potatobird and Noburu like this.
  7. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Question: Anyone experience more frequent crashes in this build?

Auburn likes this.
  8. Malitha

Malitha Shipwright
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

9. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Ive heard of a few people but it seems to just be on certain servers for some reason. I played an hour or so yesterday and had no issues myself.

10. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

11. samuelhuds2

samuelhuds2 Catapult Fodder

At first I was just as angry as most of you are when I read about some of the changes, particularily the dreaded 'jab stun', but instead of complaining or minging on the forums I went ingame to try out these changes for myself.
    Instantly the knight seemed foreign to me, but I persisted and after a time it felt like the same old knight again, although it is hard to utilize the jab stun with 100+ ping, it is not a gamechanging element, you still see the old veterans with their slash techniques rolling over the new players, but now the new players have an extra way to fight back. (although the jab should be a little slower, normally you get stuck in an endless stun as they jab spam you).
    Im just going to say this, before you moan on the forums go ingame and try it out, its the same old kag, knights can still bomb jump over everything they just cant climb 90 degree angles anymore which was a bit silly anyways.

12. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

If you get hit by a jab, instead of constantly trying to slash, put up your bloody shield.

When someone jabs a shield, they get stunned. Shielding is no longer a mechanic you can simply ignore, it's vital to being successful as a knight.

Once you block and they get stunned, you can jab back, and then block again. If they're a spammer, you can repeat this process until they die.

You can also use the jab-block-stun to get some breathing room, slashes still have more range than jabs, so you just need to get enough room to start slashing.

Don't forget about shield bashing, either. Jabspamming might seem overpowered if you go into the game with the previous build's slash-chicken mentality, but there are very simple and effective counters to it that will leave spammers in the dust.

13. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I definitely support tickets, but instead of as a forced element of the next build, add them and make them toggleable by server owners. That would be most ideal.

NinjaCell and Auburn like this.
  14. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

@Geti I know at least in the US, there's 2 official CTF and 2 official TTH servers. I've never seen All of them full. What's the harm in turning one CTF and one TTH into ticketed servers?

15. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Yeah, I think there's like 4 TTH in Europe. It would definitely be worth a try.

16. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

You haven't heard of them because these are mostly European players and knowing that you're from US no wonder why you haven't seen them often.

Since when post count determines the status of a forum user? I post only when it's necessary. Have you even seen when I joined the forum?
    Even though it is not very representative of my seniority because I had a different account name "Snake"

Getting mad over it and writing in caps is pointless to prove your disagreement Rayne. Chill out, we're discussing calmly. Just because someone has different opinion on something it doesn't mean you should get angry. Respect opinion of other people.
    Some people are cool with certain things and other aren't. That's how life looks like - people who don't agree with each other discuss. But there are always people looking for fights. Am I right Mazey and Franek?

Moreover, I don't see any point in mentioning our nationality, I know really well that Frenchs aren't loved here to put it mildly. And I think your overreacting starts getting more into racism than just joking. Stop doing that in public conversations and always getting on side with devs, moderators and good players.

Regardless, I'd like to thank all the people that are backing us: AjFaas, Asumagic, Fuzzle, Shiny and many others. I appreciate your gest.

Peace.

Best regards,
    Snake

PS. After long reflection I think that in order to balance classes the jab needs to be slowed down. Bring back previous slash jump that was up to 5-6 blocks
    I find the grapple archer a little fast too Also, I'd like to see where I've mentioned that we're best KAG knights Rayne, because I don't recall that.

From now on, I won't reply to anyone in this thread to avoid the pointless discussions. If you'd like to talk to me about it, feel free to take it to PM.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  17. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Lol why the hell did you bring Franek into it? Mazey's post is definitely trollsome, but Franek's was just praising the devs for making an excellent update. If Franek was looking for a fight, it certainly wasn't in the post you quoted.

How2strawman: Brought to you by Snake.

I liked your post though because you made plenty of other valid points.

DatNobby likes this.
  18. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

to better understand look on page 5

"Snake19 said: ↑
    1 \ Fuzzle, Cuci, Lumeos, Damocle, Me
    Best update ever: ')
    Builder master race again: ') "

But on reflection I think it's of the troll.
    I had not seen the smileys ^^

19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Fwiw it's seemed fine (both in the test games we played before release and in the public games since) - the only bug is with the "following" display, and I'll be fixing that tonight.

Irou, Snake19, Noburu and 2 others like this.
  20. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I hope I can follow bombs. And arrows. And crates.

Oh man, please let me be able to follow crates. Please.

SirDangalang likes this.