1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Minor Customization

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Jepton, Aug 20, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

I saw 3 players that had the same head on the same team, and I had a neat idea. It may have gone better in a mod, but I have to suggest it anyways.

Minor customization for each class

Knight - Change shield shape (buckler, heater shield, kite, etc.)
    Archer - Change arrow fletching shape, change quiver shape
    Builder - Change sack shape, change bracer color (Iron, copper, etc.)

Of course, all these have no effect on gameplay besides appearance.

Of course, these would likely require whole new sets of sprites, so this is likely a waste of time. Only advantage I thought of is more characterization and being able to tell friends (or foes) apart.

2. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Get making the texures... :P

8x likes this.
  3. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

Ahuehue. No clue how. Would gladly supply them for a mod, if I knew how.

4. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Find the dimensions of the current sprites, make new ones using an image editing program. (I recommend Paint.net)

5. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

@MadRaccoon, you might be interested in spriting these, it's your choice though.

6. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

Alright. I went into the game files and brought out the KnightFemale sprites in my image editing software. (http://i.imgur.com/422zGcf.png). I suppose I'll make some (nothing else to do, currently), but the part I have no foresight in is how to make a whole new "customization" tab (like heads) for each class. I guess having a split menu (1/3 each class) with all the options would be a smart move, if possible.

7. Boea

Boea Such Beta

@MadRaccoon Guess what, make that double.

SURRENDER NOW, OR PREPARE TO FIGHT!
    TEAM ROCKET-ROCKET!

This mostly seems like GUI finagling, maybe three sub-tabs under hats, or something.

101i likes this.
  8. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

It would be a nice way to help differentiate people on your team. Although you get used to people by their
    play styles. This would be a vanilla thing? like just a few more options to select in the settings menu?

9. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

It would effectively be an extra 'heads' tab.

kodysch likes this.
  10. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

i would love to sprite this (you can now tell where this is going) but i have tons of sprites to do
    - elf race sprites - 10 sprite sheets from scratch
    - fighter airship + missiles
    - 4 costum heads

kodysch and Anonymuse like this.
  11. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

Here are some parts of the sprite sheet for the female knight with a buckler. It's a big large for a buckler, but KAG doesn't really make sense with small shields. I know with a reskin, just replace the vanilla file/picture with the reskinned one, but I suppose I will need to find a modder to make a GUI for the options. Or, possibly learn how to do it myself.
    [​IMG]
    Edit: Have made changes in both the sprites I've shown you and the ones I had not. Now 3/6th through female knight sprite sheet. Done

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  12. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Only issue would be having to load up more sprites on server load, and the respective overheads for the clients.

I don't know, you could put in more effort to save on that, but, it's a repeat of what THD does with the heads, with tracking pixels.

13. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

I'm done the female buckler shield sprites. It's effectively a re-skin. Not the best, but for my first, it feels damn good. Will edit both the female and male bucklers to have a small metal ring in the center, because wood is boring.

http://i.imgur.com/0spWpqw.png

If the mod doesn't go out as planned or is scrapped, I'll put up a download link to the re-skins. Working on the male knight now.

As stated earlier, a modder or somebody who knows how to implement a menu in which to choose these 'skins' from would be much appreciated.

I have no plans to host a dedicated server if this mod is made. The mod would be open to use in your own, though.

14. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I've actually been trying to get Geti to add custom shields for ages, but he says its "more knight stuff", will soon be coding it myself. if you want to keep up with the sprites ill definitely use them :)

15. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

more customization on the way (clothing for each class, bows, etc)?

kodysch likes this.
  16. MadRaccoon

MadRaccoon Haxor

if its just shields you want i have plenty of them

Attached Files:

17. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

Anything, all-wise admin.

I usually have some free time, because my job is seasonal.

SirDangalang, Anonymuse and kodysch like this.
  18. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

doing god's work son:heart:

19. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

KnightFemale V2

http://i.imgur.com/9Gam0sS.png

I really wanted to make the whole buckler metal, but that can be a different thing re-skin. Now working on editing the male to have the metal ring.

Edit: Done the KnightMale buckler sheet. I suppose I will work on either a full-metal shield or maybe a kite shield.

http://i.imgur.com/dxsMxQ2.png
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 21, 2014, Original Post Date: Aug 21, 2014 ---
    Done both the female and male knight metal shields. I made the colors lighter, like the armor, and had a light pixel, which is 'glare'. Updated pictures. Can put up links if you want to download.
    Female: http://i.imgur.com/SXT9h5H.png

Male: http://i.imgur.com/s92eERF.png

J-man2003, Gurin, DatNobby and 2 others like this.
  20. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

You can get some customization ideas from Geti sprites too:
    kag__classes_11_4_12_by_forsakengeti-d4vulxb.png

TeQaS and Anonymuse like this.
Mods: Rainbows