1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Lack of players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grendell100, Feb 17, 2014.

?

Would you like to have KAG Classic on Steam as free-to-play game?

1. Yes.

69.9%
  2. No.

19.1%
  3. I don't care.

11.0%
  1. Humblar_Tabulu

Humblar_Tabulu TURTLE Turtle turtle... Donator

All hope is lost for classic KAG...

Time to face the reality that is...

:r_flex:KING ARTHUR'S GOLD!!!! RELEASE VERSION!!!!:flex:

2. Taiga

Taiga Based God Donator

Obviously no one here in this thread cares for a newbie like you,man. This thread is to discuss lack of players;Not switching. You're ignorant and I find new people on forums like you:annoying.

3. Taiga, by the way, there's a Gather Server up now. KAG Gather Us 5, the password is 5 if you want to vheck it out.

4. Radinyn

Radinyn Arsonist
    1. Roar Team - [RaT]

More calssic players = more beta players

InsaneMTL likes this.
  5. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

Peace and love, guys.
    Peace and love.

Aurora- likes this.
  6. Humblar_Tabulu

Humblar_Tabulu TURTLE Turtle turtle... Donator

^^^

It's all in good fun.

"No need here for these silly games"

7. Oldatra

Oldatra Bison Rider
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Classic should be on Steam! Just needs a bit more work to fix the bugs etc. Also if people are gonna like the game, they will probably buy it...

cepiarz and InsaneMTL like this.
  8. CaptianSlyfox

CaptianSlyfox Arsonist

Guys we have a major population of people wanting on this thread just we have to talk more to Kag teamers and administrators and staff because major populations of people wanting isn't getting anywhere.

To me its time to take action to save classic :)

9. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

KAG team doesn't give a shit anymore for Classic :./ I tryed already

10. Pecola1033

Pecola1033 Drill Rusher
    1. Delta Force - Delta

I heard the devs moved on to make another game?

11. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

Same :/ Almost like a pump and dump game :/

12. Storm2DAlpha. Also, guys, they do this for a living I think, they create games. I don't think they can earn enough through just one game.

13. Getting the classic alpha game to steam seems quite hard ;\ im not sure about this. I think Steam either accept the full independent release or the current developing version only. No more version older such as Alpha, you know~~. Maybe I'm just wrong, but that what i think. Steam seems to be a serious community which accept certain version of games only.

14. I don't think that'd be the problem. Classic and Release are two different games with a similar name.

15. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Classic won't be coming to steam, unfortunately.

@Pecola1033 @Chumind you're right that we do this for a living - there are several "branches" of THD working on various games though - the KAG devs aren't involved in storm all that much (I've helped a little with art and design direction, MM has helped a little with coding and design direction) but we are shifting KAG towards "maintenance mode" at the moment, and will not be releasing updates to classic.

Yagger likes this.
  16. Apparently, Kag classic is the main source for non premium players. Suggest your self, if classic don't have alot of players, will the people know what kag is? will they be persuaded to buy the game. Put your self in that situation. Do you know why i buy the game? because i found Kag classic, because its a free to play game and because I'm persuaded by the game. Of course steam is a good source for steam players, but before considering to buy the game, is there a free version that they can try out? Beta is good, im not judging, but devs should try out to take some advice from players for the best of their business in success. May you suggest another way of commercial to bring Classic back to life? you know~~ KAG the official game and KAG the classical game version. It's always fun to have both game type to be played, maybe the KAG reputation will grow? who knows.

InsaneMTL and PussyDestroyer like this.
  17. It was me that said that, I thought. -_- Also, if they release Classic to Steam, alot of people would probably think: Why should we buy the game, when we can play the free version?

Also, that would bring in a horde of noobs and hackers. The beta players aren't coming back.

18. Devs are responsible for this, they can't just ditch kag classic out of their zone for hackers and griefers. It's no more like they are wanting the classic game to die slowly. In order to do that, devs should add more guards into classic. Which means there will be classic guards and beta guards. If devs tries to take their chance to listen to customers choice, the game could have been better. There's always a solution to every problem.

If you ask 10 people who have played classic before if they want the game to die. 8 of them would say no.

The premium version of kag will always considered to be better than classic ofc. That's what hooked the non premium players, although they are still playing kag alpha.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yes we can. Classic nets us a loss at this point. The proportion of people who buy the game for classic is dwarfed in comparison with release sales - it's less than 1% of sales, and its >1% of hosting and support costs.

Non paid player counts don't mean much to us, considering the majority of them by account count are hackers or griefers endlessly coming back for more, and the rest have indicated that they don't want to support us. The game costs $10, if you can afford a computer that can run it, you can afford it. If you choose not to buy it, you choose not to support us - that's your choice, but we don't have to support those people forever. As a response to "how will players know about kag" - the same way they know about any other game that isn't free.

The small circle of classic players that do have paid accounts just prefer the old game - they'd be well advised to move towards and help out with the classic mod in KAG, Rayne's made good progress with it and it'd provide a hacker free way to play classic and interface with the "real" community again.

We will not be allocating new guards to classic or even continuing ban support indefinitely. In my eyes it's caused nothing but a support headache and a split down the middle of the community for the last year and a half - I'm not going to validate that split by moving classic towards steam and introducing another split there.

The only reason we haven't flipped the switch and turned it off at this point is that we like some of the players that still play it and they haven't made the jump.

I'm sorry for speaking so freely about this, but I honestly think many classic players have a very warped sense of our priorities. We're slowly moving away from KAG at this point and have other games in the mix - we moved away from KAG Classic over 500 days ago. I'm sure it'd be nice for us to donate more of our time to making you free games exactly as you want them, but that's not going to happen.

Ej, Dogey, IzdanakI and 5 others like this.
  20. Good talk, that's convincing. But bear in mind that business in profit is just not the only thing, it's how the reputation that was growing. You really did explained what you honestly said. Just imagine how many morale would lose if classic dies. Trust me, almost everyone i saw over the past 1 year have bought the game, same for me, i bought the game for almost 3 years ago. If it's a headache while your trying to deal with these hackers problems, leave it to someone you can trust the most or someone that have passion in banning hackers and griefers. Well, your talk make sense anyway and there's no reason i can mention about this anymore. Beta is still in a very unstable position. Comparing to the players in kag classic and kag beta, the beta players teleports when lag while classic players looks fine. But since moving from kag classic for almost 500 days ago, then your leaving classic to dead anyway, with a purpose...
    What about this... you devs will keep developing kag beta until it's stable until the furture. At some certain time, we all start reviving kag classic. Your choice, give kag a chance.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
    PussyDestroyer likes this.