1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What is one small change that could improve the current build drastically? [1215]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymuse, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

We've given it a bit to settle in, but have any ideas that could improve the current build? Stolen from Swine, but no one has opened it yet so I decided to.

1) Please fix pickup priority, use the list from the previous suggestions thread.
    2) Revert knight's shield angle back to a more reasonable amount (so as to deal with "paper shield" issues)
    3) As many people can attest too, water arrows are far too cheap and spamming them far too effective and needs to be more expensive immediately. This is probably the most important change that I can immediately think of.

Any more?

2. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Haha anyone can post that thread :) I just want to make sure we can have a community discussion about things that need to be changed with the game!

I would like to see a change with tickets being implemented in the "Vote" section so it prevents stalemates from occurring.

I'd also like to see some builder buffs!

Anonymuse likes this.
  3. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

How about punch charging? Then we can wail on those pussy archers. (just kidding, we love you archers)

TheDirtySwine likes this.
  4. TheDirtySwine

That would be fucking hilarious! I love that idea! Could you imagine? Charge up your fists and do one heart damage! I strongly dislike the current range of the pick. I think that's a good balance for builders because it gives them a little range and it still gives archers a chance to kill them, they just have to be more careful.

Anonymuse likes this.
  5. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Honestly, this needs to be a thing. And there should be a strong 1-2 double punch charge-up. Could you imagine how many more people would play builder and do something useful?

6. TheDirtySwine

I think the only reason it would be balanced is because builders don't have shields hahaha. I could finally be the battle builder I've always dreamed of! :r_flex::>:(::flex:

Anonymuse likes this.
  7. NastyCamper

NastyCamper Builder Stabber

1) Agreed - it's fucking retarded that you will always pick up useless shit first and it's impossible to visually choose what you want to pick up
    2) I haven't seen this problem. I think it's more a knight vs. knight issue and I just don't have any sympathy for that shit. When I keep dying to swipe spam through stone and wood tiles I can't shed a tear for a swipe or two making it through shields.
    3) Water arrows are the cheapest of all the arrows but they have very limited effectiveness in the overall scheme of the game. They almost always have to be spammed to be useful and they are most useful as a support tool so your frontline knights can win duels. At long range they just don't stun long enough to really make a difference. Because they have to be spammed, quantity is important. Archers are by far the poorest of the three classes. Buying 4-6 water arrows on a back will usually break the bank for most archers. This means that more destructive arrows which are essential for siege are out of reach. When I'm buying water arrow spam it's solely to a) help my team gain ground so we can establish a forward base or b) grief [SKL]Anon. Also it's the only effective way for archers to deal with knight bomb spam which is so fucking out of hand right now. Every back a knight can load his pack with bombs and spam the shit out of a line of archers. Most are too autistic to grapple away so for knights this is fucking value town. One smart archer with water arrows can buy time for his team to react (let's be honest, they'll die anyway). So when you look at it broadly they fit nicely into the archer kit today.

And I'd add that buildings should provide better protection. A sword should never kill someone through wood/stone tiles. This happens ALL THE FUCKING TIME. Make the buildings relevant. They don't last long as it is but allowing kills through structures is stupid.

After your downs-inspired boulder rape party last night I would say those fuckers are still broken. Simply touching the damn thing cause you to gib into a million fragments. Make it only work when dropped, not with just any momentum a player can generate.

Sorry I ruined your little circle jerk with a relevant response to your post.

8. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

Ignoring your anger, you do have a few good points in there. But seriously. Play a game where I have 6 water arrows and watch how my team just cuts through a pack of knights like butter. 60 gold is not hard to farm, it's literally a kill or two and then you're set to fuck up their entire team.

Also, knights can't hit through blocks. I have no idea why you think this is since I haven't been able to do this since the corner slashing update.

It seems you're playing the typical role of overly defensive archer. But if you play all three classes (like I do), you'd see that water arrows are beyond OP when used by someone with even the smallest skill.

9. NastyCamper

NastyCamper Builder Stabber

Water arrows work on everyone so I've experienced it. The difference is that I'm used to getting my shit pushed in by knights since I main archer and builder. Introduce one mechanic that occasionally results in a knight getting his shit pushed in and watch people lose their minds. Yes, 60g is not that much. But like I said, it's to the exclusion of other utilities (fire, bomb, general spam, grappling, etc.).

And to your point about being "overly defensive" about archers, that's not true. I gave you relevant example about why I think you're incorrect. To your point though, I stated several times in TS that I felt the archer stun nerf in the last patch wasn't out of line at all. Yeah it sucks getting that close to stun knights now but if you think about it, an arrow should only stun at close range if you can fire three of them. So I don't disagree with EVERY "omg nerf archer, knights underpowered" post on here.

10. TheDirtySwine

I hope you recognize how strong archers are now that knights have been nerfed so hard. Knights aren't nearly as mobile as before and now you have cheap costing water arrows to hinder their movement even more. I think a simple change like making it 5 coins more would be more reasonable. That's what they did with bombs and it seemed to have a positive impact on gameplay.

I also think that bombs being able to explode and kill someone that's barricaded in a one block thick wall is kind of frustrating

PanduhsFTW and NinjaCell like this.
  11. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I'm all for the water arrows' price increase, but I don't want the knights shield angle any bigger. I mean, before it was blocking arrows shot from the side when held above. There's probably some compromise or Plan C, but I can't think of anything at the moment.

12. BillyWeedman

BillyWeedman Haxor

I'm thinking fire arrows could use a buff, I know these should be used during sieges but are pretty useless in combat specially against knights. Maybe make fire do more damage or last longer, or maybe make it so it spreads among players if they are too close

13. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

As a battle builder, I will say the current setup for this is good. If a block wall protected me from bombs, I would literally be invincible since destroying one block meant I could quickly clog the hole and they couldn't get to me.

Tern likes this.
  14. TheDirtySwine

True I guess it's for the best

15. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

how about bring back classic? ::D:

*inside::QQ:*

Elf likes this.
  16. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

fix boulders
    thanks

17. Warcrime

Warcrime Shark Slayer

Being able to map emoticons to number keys
    I don't want to stop in battle to :B):

18. BillyWeedman

BillyWeedman Haxor

You only need to edit a config file afaik

but pros stick to default :B):

19. Warcrime

Warcrime Shark Slayer

Eh but pubs will probably want an option that doesn't require digging into game files,
    Could even be part of a changing controls interface... *wink wink nudge nudge*