1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The Hero of Ages/Turtle

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Humblar_Tabulu, Aug 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Humblar_Tabulu

Humblar_Tabulu TURTLE Turtle turtle... Donator

You are right there @Superblackcat , and I respect your input and concern for the community to not give your up-votes so easily, and I have the same concerns, but tbh, having admin on other servers makes little difference. What counts is how you handle your role. To claim that I don't have enough experience is pretty ignorant IMO, when you haven't really seen much of what I do as admin.
    Like I said in a previous post, I'm not trying to invite trouble by what I'm stating here, just trying to help you all come to a better understanding of my good intentions and care for the community and how they're treated under administrator's supervision.

That being said, you should stop by and check it out for yourselves if you have doubts about my experience/ability.

startselect3 likes this.
  2. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

I can tell you, hosting a server, and being an admin on a server someone else hosts is quite different. I'm not saying you would be a bad admin. I'm just saying that I don't know if you will be a good admin, and from what I can see, I'm not confident to give you the +1. I gave someone I got to know the +1 a while back, and he turned out to be not so good of an official admin, and I really don't think that should happen.

I'm sure you have good intentions for the community, but from our conversation earlier, I'd really like for you to get more experience on other servers before I can really assess you, right now, I can't tell if you will be good or bad, and thus, I will give you the -1. You also seem a bit too idealistic. (Not trying to start any wars here, just putting out my honest opinion.)

This being said, I really don't have much more I can, or will say. I'm not looking to spam up your page with unnecessary SBC and Humblar talk about what admins should do etc.

startselect3 likes this.
  3. Humblar_Tabulu

Fair enough. We'll PM or Teamspeak chat if you have any other concerns. I'd come into the mumble, but I smell conspiracy afoot (:wink:), and I'm not invited. :QQ:

Sucks, because I would love to get to know everybody, and that's also another thing I feel I have running against me in this.

But hey, if you want something bad enough, and for the right reasons, never give up.

:r_flex::B)::flex:

startselect3 likes this.
  4. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Sorry to bring this back up, but I think that you are thinking of all this . . . peculiarly.

As you said, you don't know him enough to know if he is good. So don't say anything.
    And then you proceeded to reflect your past experience on someone else. If you are weary, don't downvote because of something he didn't do.

Also, having two moderators say no back-to-back, with one having semi-false pretenses might just strike him down for reasons avoidable. I apologize if I am out of place or completely wrong, but just don't understand why you had to post in the first place, other than possible obligations to.

5. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

if i were admin on a big server and some guy who ive never met got promoted to admin i wouldnt feel comfortable
    hes saying that because he hasnt seen any of your work, think of this as a job application. "sorry but you arent hired" "how can you say that if you havent seen any of my work?" "because i havent seen your work..." and technically it is a job application. im still giving him my +1 but im just explaining to you guys the reason turtle got a -1.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 24, 2014, Original Post Date: Aug 24, 2014 ---
    also blue tiger gave him a +1, if anything id expect him to say "-1" because it would mean he would have slightly less of a chance to be admin, if anything blue tiger wants less admins :wink:

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  6. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I based my statement on the fact, that I recently played on your server (LK CTF or something like that), and we had some guy spamming in the chat (or was it a griefer, I'm not entirely sure anymore) and you asked me what to do about him. Which in itself is perfectly fine, but it makes me wonder if you are ready for an admin position on the official servers. Maybe I formulated my former statement a little bit badly, hope this clears stuff up.

7. Superblackcat

Dragona, Humblar knows what I'm talking about, as I've talked to him extensively about admins. This is he reason for my opinion.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    startselect3 likes this.
  8. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

If I was in Hero's position right now, with an admin app up and everything, I think I would have done the same - if I would be an admin on the official servers I would like to see how people want me to deal with spammers, griefers, etc, and at the time you would have been someone who's experienced and knows that info. I don't really see it as a reason to give a -1, but that's just me I suppose.

Tern and Dargona1018 like this.
  9. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

So, you not knowing someone that got admin would make you feel . . uncomfortable?
    I am not sure if you understand what you are saying.

Because someone else was worthy enough to get admin, you don't trust said person and don't think he is worthy, even though he would've or did get it??

And also, yea, that is technically an answer, but I think it would have done less damage to have said "I haven't seen him before, so I wouldn't know" instead of giving a definitve "No". After all, Moderators, in-game or on the forums, have a lot of reputation and respect, and I would imagine that Furai and the team would take their word more than the random people here that know him.

I think that this is what Turtle was doing exactly.
    And also, a spammer isn't truly that common anymore, so you might not know how to truly deal with them, whether it be a mute, a temp-ban, a kick, etc etc.

Okay. I didn't know if you took him up on his offer or not, so yet again, I apologize if I was out of place or terribly wrong.

startselect3 likes this.
  10. Konfitur

Konfitur Haxor

I'm also sorry.

11. Humblar_Tabulu

I can assure you that didn't happen, as I know exactly what to do. It's like, one of you see's someone from [Lk] is applying for admin and instantly say "nope, not happening", without having any viable evidence as to why I should not be, besides the fact that there were once "badmins" amongst the Lk's ranks, but they have been reprimanded, and some, removed.

Also, @Superblackcat , I don't "know what you're talking about", and I would never take what you said to be anything but far from the truth. Yeah we had a conversation, but all it was, was you trying to convince me that "I don't have enough experience". You do not need to be admin on a million other servers to have credible experience. I have plenty, and if any of you ever came by to play, instead of basing your completely biased opinions on "stuff and things", maybe you would see the light. PLENTY of people come into Last Kings CTF, in fact, I would go as far as saying it's the most populated server, neck in neck with Black Death, up and operational at any one time.

@Galen , thanks for messaging me back instead of coming on here to blow it up. I sent you a PM, which I know you received, and would have appreciated it if you messaged me on there instead of trying to make me look bad on my app for some reason I'm not quite getting yet...

Well, thanks all for giving me your +1's and all, but it seems that without "knowing the proper people", this role can never be achieved... Needless to say, I've tried to get on the mumble and get to know you guys, but you guys refuse to let me join you. Even the rest of Last Kings is allowed in there, which is depressing, because I would love to stop by and shoot the shit. They never even come into Last King's teamspeak anymore, even though they're part of the clan. It's like you all think I'm some sort of terrible person or something, but hey, I guess you'll ever know.

From now on, just PLEASE only leave your +1's or -1's, and not spam this up with nonsense, thanks.

Forever a Badmin,

Turtle

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  12. Superblackcat

I don't own the mumble, That's Arcrave's thing, and he's black, so GG. I don't think Galen has ever been on that mumble in his life. I base what I say of what I know of you, and that's my impression. Sure you may think I'm giving you total bullshit, but I love how I tried to be nice in my criticisms, and help you with what I think you should do, and you proceed to go on this rant. My point wasn't the population of the server, it was your position in the server. As I said, the position of being the host, as opposed to an admin is quite different.

startselect3 likes this.
  13. Watch out, it's the backseat moderator!

14. Humblar_Tabulu

It isn't a rant, it's the point I'm trying to get across to you.

Lets say someone applies for admin... Shouldn't you guys at least TRY to test them out? Instead of just saying they don't have enough experience, basing it off of what exactly?

If I were the one giving out + or -1's, and I saw someone applying for admin, I would go spectate them, or give them some tests at least, and try to play with them more.

Being the host and being an admin may seem quite different, and yes, that could be true, but like I said before; what matters most is how you act while in power. Don't you think that if the server was poorly moderated, there would be hardly any traffic?

We get a LOT of traffic, and our fair share of violators, that we have to deal with responsibly.

I'll humor your suggestion and get admin on more servers, but what's the point really when you're already doing everything correctly, have a heavily trafficked server, and see eye-to-eye with other admins about how to handle the role?

I'm not trying to start a war here, and respect everyone's input and concerns, and don't mean to come off to you guys like an ass, if that's what you're getting at. I have the same concerns as you guys, and just want the best for the community, and get a little offended, but can see why you're concerned, when you guys say I don't have enough experience, that's all.

Anyway, I'm sure this thread is going to be locked for all these long, drawn out discussions, and lack of +1's, but hey, maybe I'll apply again once you guys have experienced my administration.

Turtle

PUNK123, Dargona1018 and DatNobby like this.
  15. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Do you think @Furai will base his opinion on how many '+1' you get, or the long drawn out conversations from notable members like @Superblackcat @Galen?

16. Humblar_Tabulu

@101i

I'm guessing both, as it is important for you to be respected and recognized among the "non-notable" players for doing a great job (not just because they are your friends), but also, the input from notable members such as @Superblackcat and @Galen , is going to add a big +1/-1 dent in the app, because they are going to be the most credible (I'm assuming) input as to why or why not I should receive this role.

I'm sure he's also going to judge by my reactions to some of these "accusations" as well.

101i and Dargona1018 like this.
  17. Superblackcat

I really hate how you use the word accusation, because I sure as hell don't want to, or am accusing you of anything.

startselect3 likes this.
  18. He's a fagt. +1

19. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I hope nobody takes anything punk says seriously. He's a punk for real. Literally the worst attitude I've seen on a server in a long time, and not enjoyable to play with.

20. Humblar_Tabulu

@Dargona1018 , I'm over it. Love you darg mangggggggggggggggggggggggggg
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 30, 2014, Original Post Date: Aug 30, 2014 ---

Punk was only messing around, @Klokinator . I know his attitude, and know when he's just messing around, even when it seems like he may be coming off as an a-hole.

Peace and love guys... Peace and love...

:heart:

Dargona1018 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.