1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Lack of players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grendell100, Feb 17, 2014.

?

Would you like to have KAG Classic on Steam as free-to-play game?

1. Yes.

69.9%
  2. No.

19.1%
  3. I don't care.

11.0%
  1. Well, I didn't say that there are no exceptions, but I think assuming that everyone without a gold account is low on money is just kinda stubborn =\ There would surely be two or three people that would pay the ten bucks, once Classic is dead, to continue playing Rayne's mod. If I didn't have a gold account yet, I would at least consider that option, because KAG Classic is an awesome game that is worth some money, in my opinion.

2. Lehmure

Lehmure Shark Slayer
    1. KRPG

Well, i can't play Beta with more than 3 players. People buy or play Classic, because it's a low spec game
    No, it's actually shitty the fact that is one of the few games for you to play that you can run at more than 10 fps, and people want to close it because they launched a new version, a "better one", wich has a totally different gameplay from the original one. Oh, and Free to Play games are always well received at Steam, like Unturned, wich is also a low spec game that has a simple gameplay (But yet doesn't run on this "machine" here)
    And there are few other options, like what they did to Build and Shoot, a game about WW, wich is originally Ace of Spades, before the owner selling it to Jagex and becoming i don't know what that is. The players took the source of the game and continued the game. And it has more players than the payed one, and less hackers.
    This sounded like a shitty argument, but i really can't put my ideas in one phrase while speaking another language.

miniu likes this.
  3. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

Granted.

Ok, Rayne, can you clear something up for me? I was of the belief that Beta started as the dev's rewriting the engine, because the classic engine is total shit. If my info was incorrect, and beta does still run on the same, or a very similar engine, to classic, then yes, I can totally understand why they wouldn't give it out. So is the beta engine actually the same, and if so, who the fuck told me that they rebuilt it, and why do I keep believing things that people say on kag?

Oldatra, miniu, Rayne and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

The game engine is essentially the same, as it's been in the making for like 10 years now. the engine itself has been used in other game prototypes such as crimson and linkdead.

the code that made up everything "kag" in the engine was ripped out and recoded with the angelscript bindings during the alpha -> beta conversion.

to give this out now, would be to give away the main part of their company.

Alpaca likes this.
  5. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

k thx. Community based web browser if they take the master server down it is. I think we're done here now.

master4523 likes this.
  6. Haste

Haste Bison Rider

ez'd.

http://kag.ques.to/ someone get in contact with this websites owner... We need to adapt it to have classic and beta server sections.

InsaneMTL, miniu, Taiga and 1 other person like this.
  7. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

that uses the kag api, depending on how they do it the site might be unusable for classic.

what i think would work is to host a server that acts as a "master" server, because there's an autoconfig variable for indicating the master server the server communicates with.

edit: upon further thought of this, someone could probably make some software that would accept the ip/port from the server, then compiles all the servers connecting to it into a list that would be displayed on a site like kag.ques.to.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
    InsaneMTL likes this.
  8. Haste

Haste Bison Rider

I have a friend with some very decent hosting hardware, I will make a call and see if i cant rent a space. He already hosts my classic server for me free of charge, im sure if the community could come up with 15-20 bux a month collectively he wouldn't mind at all.

EDIT: even then, we still need permission to run the server.

Side note - Im sorry all of you competent thinkers that were forced to wade through 6 feet of retard to get to the meat of the subject.
    I find many of the people that are left representing classic don't do it in a good way and that is why all this controversy began in the first place.
    If we suggested this from the beginning, everyone wouldnt be at everyone throats. this place used to be more like family, now its like were all in laws and hate each other.

I like classic and i like beta, i tend not to try and compare such vastly different games with different play styles and purposes
    So why create a bridge between the two? Learn to appreciate things for what they are people, stop comparing, complaining, and whining about how it all needs to be different.

That being said,

KAG,
    I fart in your general direction.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2014
    8x, Alpaca, InsaneMTL and 3 others like this.
  9. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

Redacted.

Classic = Dota 2
    Beta = League of Legends

Game Over.

E: Not meant as an insult towards beta, but as a way to explain the dynamics between them. They may look very similar, but they have totally different meta's, mechanics, and game play. People who think that they're the same, or that someone who likes one should by default like the other, don't know what they're talking about.

Oldatra, miniu and Taiga like this.
  10. Guys, i have changed my mind. I'm tired of arguing over and over again. Sometimes in life, you just gotta deal with it. The devs are doing this because they want profits for them and goods for us. If they can make Kag classic. Surely, kag beta will be even better in the future. Some of you may not agree with me, but the only solution is to let it go. Geti will never change his mind. If you still keep the hatred inside you, don't be or else this conversation will go nowhere (doubt). I'm not giving up or anything, i still love classic but i think what Geti did is right, thats why he never changed his mind. Master is correct too, if you love classic, let it die because kag beta (still unstable now) will be better in the future. Who knows ::):

DatNobby likes this.
  11. Pretty sure build and shoot is just AOS 0.75 still

12. Pecola1033

Pecola1033 Drill Rusher
    1. Delta Force - Delta

You know, If classic goes down none of the people who played it would go to beta.

13. Doesn't mean it will be all of us. Your lying, i doubt it. Nothing will be 100%. You bought kag too, would be hard to ditch it. :\

14. Taiga

Taiga Based God Donator

Not really,beta isn't the game I enjoy tbh

15. Yes, me too. That's why i mentioned ''I would limited my time on kag''

16. Dunno why folks keep calling it beta when it hasn't been beta for ages.

101i likes this.
  17. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

.exe is called King Arthur's Gold Beta

18. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

Because classic and beta are both "kag," so you need to be more specific when referring to them

19. No. There's a definition between alpha and beta.

20. .exe hasn't been renamed yet, kag went out of beta when it was released on steam
    like any program it still receives updates once out of beta.

classic is alpha.

101i likes this.