1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BUILD 1215 - Rebalance and Fix Central

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Aug 15, 2014.

1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Purpose and Audiance, children. Purpose and AUDIANCE! (What do they teach them in schools these days? >_<)

You may not have intended any insult, Thiamor, but given the context and those reading it might have been better (no, it definitely would have been better) if you had chosen your words more carefully. "Complaining" in/of itself isn't a problem, so long as it's expressed constructively & politely. "Bitching" implies that the expression of complaint isn't constructively and/or polite. One of these terms (I'll leave you to work out which) is more liable to provoke hurt than the other... :huh?:
    Interesting, interesting.

Sounds like it could just be more "content", but it also raises some interesting ideas for the application of said substance (I'm thinking oil? So like one could burn it off? Or soak a field with it and set it on fire when hapless knights stray across it?:bow:78787878:camping:)

2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yes thiamor, let's add an all new item that requires balancing and adds all new mechanics that also need balancing. Exactly what Geti's up for, right @Geti?

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  3. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Still much better of an idea than just asking to keep wall climbing how it was prior to this update.

4. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Wall climbing was never an issue though, as it worked for all classes equally. The real issue was infinite wall climbing (Just for knights), long distance bomb jumping (Just for knights) and any other method that let a knight scale a sheer wall unassisted. The knight lost both of those, and slash climbing (I can't get any extra distance now it seems), and drills. 4 pretty big nerfs, not that I'm complaining about the majority of them, but the wall climbing was a bit far. The maps are literally designed around a certain amount of mobility, the flag is a certain height because of assumed climbing distance, everything about the movement is still set for the old wall climbing height, because it's been here since the beginning of the game.

There was one map I played recently that had a little dirt ledge I used to be able to slash jump up to just barely, by using my skills that I've accrued over a long period of playing kag, and now I can't even hit it with the tip of my sword. Slash jumping and wall climbing are what the maps were designed around so I think they should stay the same. We fixed the infinite wall climbing, now it's nerfed so knights aren't one man armies that can scale mount everest with sheer willpower.

kodysch likes this.
  5. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

not really lol, you bad.

new mechanic / scripting for mechanic / sprites / weeks of balance =/= tweaking an already introduced mechanic and fine tuning it.

i hope you don't get into vidya development.

Apronymous likes this.
  6. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Double slash jumping currently takes you over 10 blocks if done very well (9 if only done decently).
    It used to take you over 11.

7. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I think I made a 12 block jump in older versions of KAG. Not sure, Ej might have a video of it.

Apronymous and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  8. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yeh, pretty sure the limit was 12; so 10 with the new nerfed wallrun (3 down to 2) makes sense.

9. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

I think my record on this build is 9.
    Ho ho ho just did 10. Such suprises this build offers.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  10. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

If you try hard enough, you can always get an extra block

Potatobird likes this.
  11. FuzzyBlueBaron

Kinda like slashjumping or vaulting could get you 4 blocks in Alpha, and slashjump+vault 5 blocks (though the timing was a bitch to get right).

{edit}
    Wait, just remembered, there was also corner vaulting, that's the one that was a bitch to time with slashjumps-- and that gave you 6 blocks; which was a stupidly high jump and really helped set the pros from the pubs. :D

12. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

If you're just a little bit short of the top of the wall, you can kick off and then shield glide back to the wall, just like how people used to infinite-climb, and that will sometimes get you over.

13. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

If you arent doing that youre not even gonna get 8 or 7

14. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

The infinite wall climbing really was the only issue I was thinking about in regards to slick walls.

15. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

We need some way to encourage building/destroying towers up front more, but most additions to the building itself ie: decreasing mat costs will just cause bigger main towers.

Ballistae and catapults should be more resilient and harder to capture, making them easier to set up and use on the front lines.

I propose a large decrease in dirt mining speed. Stone ore will stay the same though, allowing map makers to make "set" tunnelling routes if they wish.

New Block Type

Or even a new natural block type could be introduced, allowing dirt to be easily dug, but not having to fill maps with stone ore. This new block would be similar in nature (possibly slightly weaker) than built stone blocks, but having a different appearance. I suggest the name "solid rock" as it is both simple and self-explanatory and differs from "stone ore".

I'm making a suggestion thread with more detail on my idea so comment there about this.

16. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

It's more so the maps. Have each map where the majority of resources are closer to enemy lines and you'd have builders rushing up to get them.

Noburu likes this.
  17. TheAverageMan

TheAverageMan Shark Slayer
    1. DUCKS - We Love DUCKS

So many crashes now with this new update :l

Anonymuse likes this.
  18. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Oh I've been getting a lot of crashes, didn't occur to me it was the update. Now that you mention it, it probably is.

Anonymuse likes this.
  19. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Since there are two teams, each would need to have a majority of resources close to their lines in order for this to be achieved. Doesn't that mean both that resources are split half-and-half, and that at least half of those are going to be fairly close to your own lines?

Auburn and Klokinator like this.
  20. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Shhhh... Thiamor didn't go to school. He doesn't know what math is, let alone game design.