1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 1233 - Builders and Archers

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Sep 2, 2014.

1. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

On this upade the shotgun is just more powered agaist archer vs archer, whatever happen i loved the previous legolas shot and a knight is more a nightmare for me now

Fuzzle likes this.
  2. Bint

Bint Haxor

I don't see how the new legolas shot is any more powerful than the old one against knights, just use your bombs. If they're camping just use your shield, it's not like they can break them like they previously could at close range. Obviously if you're a lone builder legging it into the middle of the map you're fucked, that's why you bring a knight with you.

3. The-Cub

The-Cub I'm actually Blue_Tiger

How about we double the time needed to charge a shotgun?

Or maybe you could do a slash->double slash deal where at first it's a normal shot, then Legolas, then shotgun. This would also force players to shoot their triple quicker otherwise having to use an innaccurate shotgun.

4. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Stop posting when you don't have a clue

Guro and TheDirtySwine like this.
  5. The-Cub

Just because some people do not have the same opinion as you does not mean we are not allowed to post ours.

Klokinator and Fuzzle like this.
  6. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

As much as I agree that Monsteri was in the wrong for giving such a crap reply and not explaining anything, I also think your suggestion is pretty awful. First of all, the new Archer tripleshot is no more powerful than the previous Legolas shot; in fact, it's a little more difficult to use, since you pretty much have to be touching your target to hit with all three arrows, and you can't stagger shots to try and stun the enemy later if you miss the first 1 or 2, effectively screwing you if you miss.

Shotgun is not an improved Legolas. If anything, it's a little bit less effective at its job. If you doubled the time needed to charge a shotgun you would be making it entirely pointless, and if you made Legolas charge before shotgun nobody would use shotgun.

Medieval likes this.
  7. Medieval

Medieval Haxor

I think it would be better if it takes a little bit longer to charge the tripleshot. It would reduce the arrows spam.

8. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I've got a great idea. How bout everyone takes a chill pill and waits a week before jumping to the conclusion that "OMG knight sukz!!!1! Archer 2 OP nerf plox!" Seriously we thought the last build was bad but given enough time we got used to it. This game doesn't take a lot of skill with any class. Just a bit of practice. So stop freaking out when there are more archers just as good as you. There are are plenty of knights better than me and I don't complain. Maybe they taught me something I didn't know before!

Noburu likes this.
  9. The-Cub

Shotgun:
    Short range: hit all 3, insta kill on all but knight, knight takes half health.
    Medium range: shoot in general direction, almost 100% chance of hitting enemy which takes half health from opposing archers.
    Long range: spam into the air, getting random hits on opponents because they can't dodge 3 shots all coming at once around them.

Legolas:
    Short range: if you miss the first shot, the knight can easily own you with a slash before you get to fire the second.
    Medium range: takes skill to hit opponents since you have to aim where they are.
    Long range: spam a lot of arrows in the general direction of playing, but they can be dodged pretty easily by skilled players.

10. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I really think people are overreacting to this update. I've seen about 3 points of view on the new legolas: OP, Bad, and balanced. It could be considered OP because it is incredibly efficient at close range, but it is bad because it isn't effective at long range. But then again, Geti said the exact same thing:
    So people should have already known what the strengths and weaknesses of the new legolas shot were before they complained. I personally think it's well balanced because single shots have always been superior at range, so now archers can hold their own at close range with the shotgun effect.

Ummm it's actually easy to dodge or block 3 arrows at once if they're lobbed from a distance. At mid-range, the spread usually takes great effect by then, and it's pretty easy to dodge, unless there are 3 other archers shotgunning at the same time. And at short range, Shotgun is effective, no doubt.

11. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

I dont want to be like "look I am so pro" But in first match i played in this build (11 vs 11) I got stats around 70-15, while playing knight. If you have problem with too many archers just use bombs they aren't hard to get. If you're good at throwing them you actually dont even need to get into close combat. (throw bomb>get coins>buy bomb repeat. I daon't really like shotgun shot but for sure I don't find it any kind of over powered. Knight please, use shields, covers and bombs.

norill likes this.
  12. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Im not saying it's good way. Im just saying you can still easy counter archer with knight. I see a lot of players crying archer is OP and that's not true. The way it's balanced may be not really good tho.

13. Bint

Bint Haxor

@Fuzzle are you permanently sarcastic?

norill, Klokinator, franek123 and 3 others like this.
  14. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

Here we go again with the arguments. Builder changes are nice, especially spike dropping. Not got much of an opinion for the archer changes. ;-;

15. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

Play TDM agaist two archer, and you will see

16. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

2v1, what do you expect? Besides, sometimes archers miss when they have to hit, a suddenly jump in right time can overwhelm archers.

franek123 likes this.
  17. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

actually yes they can, the range is just shorter

18. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

The issue isn't solely the shotgun, it's what happens when you've got 3 archers on top of a tower spamming shotgun. All three of them shooting three bullets at rougly the same time, it kills archers and builders that get close. Every point against the shotgun in this thread is for knight vs archer combat. It's great when you have a shield, and I have zero issue with shotgun against a knight, for the reasons Monsteri has stated, however builders, the current-meta stalemate enders, can't get close enough without dying, either to archers, or if they manage to dodge 9 falling arrows, then an enemy knight gets them. This build just encourages tunneling more, because that's the only way a builder has to get past the horde of shotgun spamming archers, is tunneling underground where they're safer. I'm more interested in making tunneling a less desirable choice than just about any other stalemate ending choice. Literally every match ends by a tunneling-tunnel combo and I can easily see why, it's the only recourse left.

Knighthart, Yagger, The-Cub and 2 others like this.
  19. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

In other news, boulders and water ammo still hasn't been addressed. GG.

In all seriousness though, I like the update, but I really think the shotgun is a turn for the worst for the archer. That's from a few hours of playtime yesterday, but we'll see.

Solaris likes this.
  20. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I like the shotgun but it is very strong vs builders.