1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 1233 - Builders and Archers

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Sep 2, 2014.

1. Medieval

Medieval Haxor

This is what i meant by arrows spamming. Thanks.

2. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

I think the main issue with the shotgun shot is that archers are turning to mindlessly spamming in a direction, rather than focusing their fire on a few targets. Now, people are just dying to all the stray arrows rather than arrows that were destined for them in the first place. some archers haven't learned yet that single shots are better for long range, and more effective, than the shotgun that's meant for close range.

3. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Could the shotgun range be lowered? Or be made weaker after a time? Making it use up more arrows might be a good idea. Maybe double, making each 'blast' cost nine arrows while only loosing three.

4. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Please buff ballista, it is kinda sucky.

- Harder to take over, make it like war boat (if there is someone in the opposite team near the ballista, then you can't take it over). Would make it less "who can sit in the ballista most" - like.
    - The shooting, they got totally nerfed, that was weird as the ballista is very expensive, 150g and 50 gold + 250 wood (110 gold if you want the upgraded bolts).
    - The durability, in current meta, there are always bomb arrows in the air and only two can take the ballista out, and then you can buy another bomb arrow with the money you got from damaging the ballista, dat lolz, if you ask me...

Anonymuse and NinjaCell like this.
  5. Humblar_Tabulu

Humblar_Tabulu TURTLE Turtle turtle... Donator

OH.
    MY.
    GOD.

ARCHERS ARE RIDICULOUSLY OP!!!!

Now, all I see is a team FULL of archers.

There NEEDS to be something done. One suggestion is, the option to be able to LIMIT the number of each class on a team...

Why hasn't that been implemented yet???

:QQ:

PS. Also, you guys took out gathering resources from Stone/wood blocks?

WHY?

New build = poop...

Sorry devs, but this is a fail.

PanduhsFTW likes this.
  6. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Give it a week and let the meta change to this build then we can complain about OP this and that

7. Humblar_Tabulu

Yeah, I know that they said it's still being worked on, but holy shit is this baed!

8. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I don't think you need to wait a week to realize that reduced stone collection and wood collection is a bad idea. Also, gathering resources from hitting stone blocks was removed and was sometimes very useful.
    Verz makes a good point about bomb arrows vs ballista. They're just way too OP against them. It takes two bomb arrows to completely destroy it, and that's not that expensive anyhow. How are you supposed to build an emergency base on the front lines if you have archers spamming bomb arrows? Dunno, I'd make it 3.

Klokinator likes this.
  9. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

It's a little crazy it's just something we gotta get used to, just like last build! :)

10. The-Cub

The-Cub I'm actually Blue_Tiger

Because if I'm not being able to play archer, then I'll just leave and not play in that server - and I mostly only play on BD Small since too many people blows up my PC, so I won't be playing at all.

Also, full archer teams is just because people are trying out the shotgun - once people get settled, they'll play their normal roles again.

11. Bint

Bint Haxor

Sorry I meant they couldn't brake your shield from a long distance.

12. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I think we should make the shotgun go almost completely straight but limit its' range by making the arrows disappear after a set distance. This would allow archers to shoot far enough, but make arcing shots impossible with a triple.

When trying to arc, the arrows will simply fly really far upwards and will disappear before they hit the ground. This would help arrow spam I think.

Arcing etc. can still be done with singles.

The-Cub and neil58 like this.
  13. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Nah, I don't really agree with that. I don't know how to explain why I don't, it's just seems like that would be way too much nerfing in terms of arching shots.

14. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

The only reason you should need to arc is to hit one or two guys behind a platform or on a tower. ie precise shots. All shotgun-arcing is good for is spamming over the map with your buddies and getting random kills.

Timing a shotgun CQC takes skill.
    Arcing single shots precisely takes skill.
    Spamming triple arrows is cheap and boring.

It's like forum trolling. With next to zero effort you get easy rewards by annoying people. Feels nowhere near as good as totally annihilating someone with your best efforts.

Auburn, The-Cub and Rayne like this.
  15. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Ok, arrow spamming is annoying, but it is more effective to run around with or without your knight mates and slay your opponent brutally 25252525

16. Humblar_Tabulu

The fact that they reduced resources, and the ability to get resources from stone/wood blocks was the most terrible thing they've ever done.

fact

17. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

The ability to gather stone and wood from built blocks has never had any impact on anything.
    Fact.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 3, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 3, 2014 ---
    If you ever want do use existing blocks to held build a structure you just... build off of existing blocks.
    In addition to being much cheaper (and more efficient) it's also faster.

NinjaCell and Aurora- like this.
  18. i actually abused it hard

Anonymuse and Verzuvius like this.
  19. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Is there anything you haven't abused hard?

20. FTWLAMA

FTWLAMA Catapult Fodder

This update from the archer side is just the lowering of skill level needed to be an archer and an increase of spamming of three arrow spamgun and of course camping. Like I said before campers gonna camp it's just a behavior or strategy used by SOME. It's sad that this was inflicted on archers and now because of this (like spoken above) a nerf will come and ruin the class even more. If you couldn't aim, use half shots, or be precise enough to hit anything this build is a gift from the devs. If you could do the things above enjoy facing the new spamgun and learning to bullet dodge a cone of arrows.

Lamanamanumi(steam)

The-Cub likes this.