1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 1233 - Builders and Archers

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Sep 2, 2014.

1. UltraMarine_Val

UltraMarine_Val Bison Rider
    1. FUN Servers

2 knights vs 2 archers and the knights was pwed

2. The-Cub

The-Cub I'm actually Blue_Tiger

1. ur bad
    2. get good

3. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I use it to buy boulders without finding stone ore. So, maybe it's better for the opposite team. ::):

4. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

i dont think hes gotten to ur mum yet m8

[​IMG]

Apronymous and Noburu like this.
  5. Humblar_Tabulu

Humblar_Tabulu TURTLE Turtle turtle... Donator

Apparently it's just a bug. Thankfully.

6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yes to all of this. Getting a whopping 2 stone per hit on a thick stone block (It might be 3 actually but big whoop that's still less than 1/3rd what it used to be, assuming it was 10 on thick and 5 on regular) is absolutely insane. For all the talk of builder buffs, that's a giant goddamn nerf the proportions of which has never been seen in this community before.

Also, please fix "hopping in and taking over" ballista. That is just as bad as it ever was and now with the even more limited choice in stalemate breakers, ballista can be turned against you faster than ever. Make them take as long as a base in TTH to take over so they aren't instantly grabbed by sneaky random archer guy.

7. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

*waves hands through the air like a drunk wizard*
    By the power of talking to testers in mumble... that's a bug.

8. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I... I just realized Apronymous and Anonymuse were different people. FML.

NinjaCell, Bint, PanduhsFTW and 2 others like this.
  9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Things fixed/changed for a Friday patch:
    • Builder materials halved (this was definitely a bug)
    • Archer respects "fixed camera" option in settings
    • Clan tags added to the name column in scoreboard (was simpler than adding a separate collumn)
    • Clan tag hover is same colour as name
    • Fixed some spike related bugs
    Will probably make the extra triple shot arrows (not the middle one) die with distance to deal with the arrow spam while preserving the shotgun in close/medium range (no arced spread shots) - if it's still not working we can go back to the streaming legolas. Those complaining about the triple shot not being accurate - the previous one was less accurate, the same range and lower rate of fire than continuous single shots - which are still in the game and still the superior choice for accurate long distance shooting.

NinjaCell, Malitha, Gurin and 5 others like this.
  10. GrieverJ

GrieverJ Arsonist

Leaving aside the archer issues, I really think 50 gold is too much for a tunnel. A lot of maps have a low amount of gold to start with, and tunnels are often destroyed and rebuilt several times during a game. If you want to prevent the standard dig under the base tunnel spam, that's okay, but as it is tunnels are pretty much disappearing altogether. This will only lead to more stalemates and less dynamic builder play.

11. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

I like the clan tag being a different color. It makes it easier to read names.
    I understand that white looks out of place, but could you make it a lighter blue and a lighter red than the rest of the name?

All I have to say to that is read my signature.

8x likes this.
  12. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

All the maps in the default map cycle have had their gold values adjusted for this patch, sans a few community maps. I would recommend server owners temporarily revert to the default map cycle until their custom maps have been updated. As a rule of thumb maps have 200 gold available at each base (10 tiles), and 400 (20 tiles) gold available in or around the middle of the map.

13. JiffIez

JiffIez Arsonist

My two cents:

I feel the archers got a good buff with the shotgun style charge shot they have now. It has definitely eased up on the knights getting steam-lined arrow spammed to death and it also allows archers to arrow rain down on people to cause chaos quite well. It's also scary as hell when chasing an archer that is charging up. Too close and instant 3 damage.

The builder's insta-repair can be a real pain for TTH. A builder sat there repairing every block instantly with what I'm assuming was a full storage of wood. Then again, a fire arrow could counter that so not sure what to think. Other than that, it was a good deal for builders. Well done.

Not sure what people are talking about with the gold for tunnels. Didn't notice that in notes and haven't built any tunnels recently. Been playing battle builder. I'd be neutral in that category I guess. Tunnel spam can be obnoxious so I get why it'd be changed to have gold included in materials required. Though, towards end game if it starts getting stalemate-ish, having no gold and no tunnels can add greatly to the time it takes to complete a map. I'm guessing that's why I have rarely seen tunnels and when I have, it's only for a short period before they're busted. Guess protecting your tunnels became even more important.

In my opinion, the jabs I wholeheartedly feel are just right now. You can still constant slash interrupt people by jab spamming which is good but now it's not super fast damage and gives the person being jab spammed time to recover/react. I feel it really fixes the rock-paper-scissors game of knights now that all moves feel about equal in terms of usability in a fight. *gives cookie* :dance:

14. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Wait, am I reading this as archers will have shotgun and legolas shot? Are we looking at potential spacebar switching of shot types?

Gasp! Omg it's Griever!

Saucy-Gibbon likes this.
  15. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Waitasec I remember that you very specifically decided not to include this in the transition to Beta... This just makes stupid shit like entombing easier than ever.

TBH I think the whole spike-fall-instakill thing should have been removed rather than very powerfully buffed like this. I mean it hasn't been that much of an issue since no one has caught on to it (like most of the broken stuff in this game) but fundamentally it's

1. An instakill that gives you no warning and can happen in common situations that players should be engaging in, ie attacking a tower aka what this game is all about.

2. It's a purely defensive mechanic that only strengthens stall and does nothing for offense.

Fuzzle and Klokinator like this.
  16. Saucy-Gibbon

Saucy-Gibbon Ballista Bolt Thrower

@Geti the second points makes no sense. If anything, the shotgun's effectiveness in the open leads archers on both sides to simply door-hug in numbers, mindlessly dispersing arrows from the safety of their defences. How is having a triplet of arrows going in a single specified direction less accurate than a multidirectional spray? The "cone" fire pattern creates a wider, more inaccurate volley of arrows at a distance, yes, but when paired with distracted/exposed knights or lone archers/builders, a small group of shotgun archers can easily overwhelm. The skill has been ripped out of archers - they are now far more vulnerable when out alone, lacking the knock-back and stun of the triple-shot (now only at extremely close distances) that was crucial in going solo (or in water combat), never mind the gangs of campy shotgunners. And at a distance, you rarely can succeed in accurately triple-shotting (a feat that was indeed very possible) people, due to this 420 "cone" pattern that blazes the skill out of distance aiming. Yes there is still the effective and highly accurate single shot, yet the majority of archers I encounter tend to ignore this feature, preferring to go all out with the triple shot.

I think this shotgun addition merely encourages spamming, camping and ultimately poor stalemates. As a result I'm beginning to wonder what the hell the devs were thinking. Please bring back Legolas.

Malitha and Klokinator like this.
  17. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeah I don't understand making spike kills easier, contrary. Buff the drill sure, but I thought removing OP broken OHKO attacks like boulder crushing was the new direction we were aiming for.

I liked the gameplay mechanics two builds ago. I just wanted bug fixes :/

Corpsey likes this.
  18. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

True that. Shotgun is spam.

FTWLAMA, Saucy-Gibbon and Fuzzle like this.
  19. Ozminer

Ozminer Bison Rider

Geti I have moved back to classic. Because of this feature.

For everyone saying this makes archer to easy, It does not it makes it too easy the good archers get better and the crap archers worse.
    I once double slashed a group of 6 archers

FTWLAMA and Saucy-Gibbon like this.
  20. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

If used properly, this feature would be amazing, but right now its just encouraging spam. Maybe increase the charge time for the shots @Geti