1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 1233 - Builders and Archers

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Sep 2, 2014.

1. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Legolas arrows never hit the same point. If you didn't even realise that, you are hardly fit to judge the skill needed to use it. You can also just use single arrows to test things.

IMO legolas was cool, but shotgun adds more variety. Legolas was just used over single shots by every scrub archer because they thought it was always better. Shotgun, once it has been fixed, will hopefully require timing and good judgement to use effectively. CQC it is much more fun than legolas and legolas also kinda sucks for long-ranged shots in comparison.

How can a mechanic that stops spam be nooby?

Realistically, Legolas is just single shots that shoot faster. Shotgun may be a better spammer, but it is also takes much more skill in the rest of combat. It can be released in extreme CQC, mid air to hit knights, which is highly impractical with legolas.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 4, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 4, 2014 ---
    I think you miss xxNarutoBleachFan360noscopexx6969 Contrary's point. If they didn't try all the risky additions, KAG would stagnate, but with them, something absolutely fantastic may be found. In my opinion shotgun is both useful in support + CQC and will (again, hopefully) help reduce spam once the new mechanic is introduced.

SirDangalang likes this.
  2. FTWLAMA

FTWLAMA Catapult Fodder

You said in your own post that it is spammy and you obviously do not understand what leading is. Shooting the first shot to gauge where to shoot the next two, yes you can hit moving targets in KAG. That would be four arrows, so I test with first with
    medium to long range or shoot ahead of the target if running. Variety? You have to be joking I can shoot the knight behind me the archer above me and a builder in front of me with a Legolas. I CQC facing more than one enemy at a time happens. If you can't aim a Legolas I don't think you should get a handicap insta kill on archers and builders. Furthermore have fun missing a top arrow occasionally and a bottom arrow as well. Not being able to aim your own arrows is pretty bad. You are an example of someone who couldn't use the Legolas in CQC( or in long range from what you said)and now result to spamming the spamgun.
    This will result in an archer nerf for the spamgun which will make the overdrive feature(charging three arrows) worthless. Yes change is good but this change does the opposite of reducing spam. You can sling a spamgun faster than a Legolas. Honestly I like the idea of being able to choose which one you use.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 4, 2014 ---
    Testers and polls. Hurray a nerf caused by an addition.

3. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I posted that idea in the 1215 archers thread. I think shotgun needs a nerf. I don't want any more camping archers

4. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Did you even read my post? Arrows in a legolas shot will never hit the same spot. Even if your cursor is still. Gauging shots is harder due to this, so you may as well use singles.
    Also, first shot (one arrow), next two (two arrows). 2+1 = 3 Not four.

I do know what leading is. It is not a feature exclusive to legolas. Leading does not equal using one arrow to test for other shots. I never mentioned leading.
    Leading is loosing an arrow crossing the path of a moving target so that it hits when the trajectory lines up with the target. Stop making up things to try and be condescending, it makes your posts even harder to understand.

How does making the arrows disappear increase spam? In what way? How does that make it worthless? Spam is not a valuable feature. How can you argue against spam, but then turn around and hate a mechanic (while giving no reason why) that reduces it? Is your only purpose to hate new updates?

The heck would I be defending a fix for the shotgun if all I apparently do is spam it? Why would I be such a scrub if I have been playing from before the release beta was ever available?
    I can use the legolas CQC much better than you ever could. Lets flipping TDM this thing. 78787878

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  5. TheDirtySwine

If you are going to listen to anyone's feedback here listen to Contrary and none of the other new fags that don't understand how the game needs to progress.

Noburu likes this.
  6. FTWLAMA

FTWLAMA Catapult Fodder

Tommorw afternoon would be good I've faced you before. I am talking about hitting moving targets I don't need to hit the same place. You said to use a single and then a triple costing four arrows. Because of this the archer will nerfed which will just make a slow shotgun. I love how you assume your better. See you tommorw.

Lamanamanumi
    New fags? Funny how you consider anyone with a different opinion a fag. Please work on a constructive argument and stow your slurs for use in a debate that doesn't involve thinking.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 4, 2014 ---
    You keep changing the words in your post ninjacell.

The-Cub likes this.
  7. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I meant single followed by singles.

Newfag is cause you are new. Contrast oldfag ie Contrary.
    Swine meant Contrary has been here for ages, so he knows way more about this than you do. Also not sure you are in a position to criticise derogatory language.

I have changed no words in my posts. I am having difficulty understanding many of your 'constructive' arguments though.

I assume I am better because a player better than me would probably not accuse a random person of being a spamming noob just because they disagree with them. You also are not aware of the varying tendencies than the Legolas has.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  8. FTWLAMA

FTWLAMA Catapult Fodder

Ill hear an answer from the person who said it. I have played before steam and saw it one day and bought one day. I use my steam but post on here due to the fact that the community is on here. Ok I understand your method now. So are you on for tomorrow afternoon?
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 5, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 5, 2014 ---
    It's called supporting your argument. boomslang, red something, and I were talking about it. Really shows your maturity on your ability to get a point a across. Years? Good for you I can play a game for ten years and I wouldn't consider myself all high and mighty. I measure by your ability, not years. Your idea on making them swappable was good though.

9. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I'm busy tomorrow + Saturday but I can do Sunday.
    Two and a half years will always trump 0.5 years. Even if you are some sudden genius like @Aurora- you still won't know as much about the games development as a whole.

10. TheDirtySwine

I get pretty pissed off when I see a bunch of people complaining how OP something is after the first few days after the changes have been released. I've had so many of the same feelings you are feeling after almost 3 years of playing that I've learned to trust the Devs decision making. I know that they have balanced things over and over and if something is truly op they fix it. Change is scary at first but it's needed to make a great game. Now please understand that the Devs are working really hard on getting this game balanced and they know that archers seem unbalanced in some people's eyes. Give it a week and we can see. I think they should nerf the shotgun range and spread. I think it gives the archer better power than ever before and we need to accept that. Whether it take skull or not it's a heck of a lot of fun. Please understand my frustration when people complain over something that's just been released

Noburu and NinjaCell like this.
  11. FTWLAMA

FTWLAMA Catapult Fodder

Ok Sunday sure if you have steam you can friend and unfriend once were done(or you can stay a friend).
    Ill let me score speak for me once I'm in game. Oodle is very good. You might be better than the mechanic than me though. I hope to see you ingame.

12. Aurora-

Aurora- Shopkeep Stealer

Whaaa?!

I'm no sudden genius. I wouldn't want to see how many hours I've put into this game since I joined, I was completely hooked in first week!

SirDangalang likes this.
  13. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Yeah, but now hating every update is the 'cool' thing to do, regardless of the content. Watch Fuzzle. All he does is like every negative, non-constructive comment about how every new build sucks. Every build since 1180 is "the new build". Every update pulls KAG into the abyss. Geti has gone mad with power. The devs have failed us. It is over. We are doomed.

14. neil58

neil58 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

This thread has gone to hell, with people arguing who's the better archer, and who's been playing longer.

PUNK123 and Noburu like this.
  15. FTWLAMA

FTWLAMA Catapult Fodder

Glad you calmed down. I understand your trusting of the devs. I have invested(time) in plenty of games that were start up, AOS or example it died because of updates buffs and nerfs. You have to also understand just because I am new doesn't mean I hate changes or frown on devs. I love this game, I love it a lot it has something a spark. When I try to defend my point on this its not because I hate KAG or hate everyone who opposes me, it's the fact that after getting( not to brag) so high in archering I was stuck. I couldn't swap out an go to knight because it wasn't for me. This change has a HUGE impact on me and many others insured. I obviously have to adapt or die and I am not hoppin out of the car yet. I defended because I became so good at the Legolas and could find many reasons why to keep it. So yes I love KAG probably the same if not more than others. I just am afraid of it heading down that road. Pleasure talking. I think we should keep it to points on the update now lol. I will still support my point and also understand yours.

Lamanamanumi

Long live Legolas
    Look guys I'm sorry if I whipped up this shitstorm. So hopefully we can all chill.

Ferret_Ferret, NinjaCell and Fuzzle like this.
  16. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I think we can all agree Legolas is a way cooler name.

17. FTWLAMA

FTWLAMA Catapult Fodder

Sorry if I came off as harsh on anyone, that tends to happen. Hopefully I can see you ingame(Lamanamanumi on steam).
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 5, 2014 ---
    I think boulders need a BUFF!!!!!!
    jkjkjk
    I bet this was funny as hell to read25252525. It really shows we an disagree to agree and agree to agree.

18. TheDirtySwine

I'd just like to let you be aware that the price of this game is about as much as minimum wage. You paid a measly 10 dollars for this game and you complain and nag at the Devs who spent hours upon hours working on a game just so their customers are satisfied? They used to work long hours for little pay just so you could be happy. Don't fucking disrespect me or act like an entitled bitch because you have no right to do so.

SirDangalang, Auburn and Noburu like this.
  19. FTWLAMA

FTWLAMA Catapult Fodder

I think the thing is people love the game but have different opinions on how it should run and work.
    Not going to lie, I think Legolas shot the three arrows all at once but I have to re-watch the movie...

20. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Lol I was wondering why you kept saying that. Thought it was a chant or something.
    “Lamanamanumi, We are one. The neo build haters. Down with the accurst blue eagle. May the king return again. We are one. Lamanumanumi.”