1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1236+] Trolling trees

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Klokinator, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Similar to another thread, this one works a bit differently.

First, go builder and get a mine plus some wood and 10 stone.

Next, begin building like so:

[​IMG]

Find a pine tree that looks like this.

[​IMG]
    Place backwall, preferably stone, straight up the trunk of the tree so you can't see it. Go about 2 blocks up into the tree.

[​IMG]
    Place a stone block (I used a trap block in that image because I'm stupid, oops) where indicated on the tree. It should attach to the backwall hidden by the trunk.

[​IMG]
    Grab your mine, put it on top of the block. If you're lucky, it should be completely hidden or almost completely hidden.

[​IMG]
    Now go archer. Stand on your block of stone and fire at enemies that approach. When they get close, climb to the top of the tree and hop around frantically like you're scared. The enemy will jump up and grab onto the stone block, exploding because of the hidden mine. If you're high enough or jump away right as they climb up, you probably won't die due to the explosion either!

This is is pretty similar to the thread mentioned above, but the difference lies in deliberately trolling the enemy. It's pretty funny to watch them climb up and die and then unleash their rage a few seconds later.

miniu, SirDangalang, Asu and 10 others like this.
  2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Double post because have another.

Here's something that might worry you.

[​IMG]

If you look hard, you can see what might be blocks sticking out, but what could it be?

[​IMG]

Oh, oh my.

To build this, just cut a pine down, dig exactly two tiles into the ground, place the seed in that hole, and build what you see in the above image. It's great because it scissors enemies without completely halting their progress (So they're less likely to bring it down), but it can be taken out by a single bomb at the base if they're smart. Do not use against vets.

3. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Nice traps.

4. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I used the second one in a couple back to back matches, and the biggest issue is retarded teammates fucking it up by trying to "improve" it, or they do something dumb like put doors on the enemy side, even though the whole point is for enemies to get stuck inside.

Corpsey likes this.
  5. EhRa

1. KRPG

I tried the first on AUS ctf. Works well

Klokinator likes this.
  6. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Have another! This time, I wanted to make a usable sawtrap for the tree pit. Let's see how that worked out.

Attempt 1:

[​IMG]
    The trap is really visible, much more than I'd like, but it still works really well.

[​IMG]
    (Where my head is, there's a stone door there so the enemy has to go around.)

Saws cost a lot of resources, so this trap would be a lot to lose if someone destroyed it. I'm getting good at building them quickly, but still, maybe it can be improved?

How about adding a second tree? Attempt 2:

[​IMG]

Ohh, sneaky!

[​IMG]

This one loses the spike thing at the bottom and has a bit of visibility with the door on the bottom enemy side, but otherwise its inner workings are soo secretive!

Anonymuse likes this.
  7. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I realized there was room for improvement, so I bring you Stealth Tree Saw Trap version 3.0, the perfected version!

[​IMG]
    Oh, it's much harder to see now! Note that getting a Super Tall pine tree for both sides is highly recommended. This one only partially covers the trap and the top right platform is exposed. Bad bad bad.

What's the inside look like though?

[​IMG]

BAM! In a pinch this also becomes a handy mini-wood farm, though you're never supposed to expose the inner workings of the trap.

Bint likes this.
  8. Wow great traps, to bad I can't stand it when I make one and it gets keged :keg::castle::keg:

9. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I'm thinking of testing an archer treehouse that protects them from arrows and knights below. We'll see how that works out.

10. I like the ideas of hiding blocks in the trees, I might start making little platforms in trees then go knight and wait for an unfortunate soul

yellowwhy1 likes this.
  11. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I had a similar idea. Did you know that saws will eat archer arrows from both teams? Instead of platforms that can be burned, use saws in such a way that archers can't shoot your tower down if they tried. I'm glad Rush found a use for tree camo, some of your designs are very compact and effective. I've found that if you place sideways platforms on the back walls before you put the saw in, it will completely hide the saw.

Klokinator likes this.
  12. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

next thread: "[build 1236+] how to deal with tree buildings"

13. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

@Hallic has been doing traps with trees for a long while too, specially with sawmills. The designs are pretty good.

Hallic likes this.
  14. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Does this work with bomb arrows or do they deal damage to the saws?

15. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I'm fairly certain this deflects all explosions; however, it will take some damage if I'm not mistaken

16. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Also, any examples?

17. EhRa

1. KRPG

Kloks traps are better though

18. Corpsey

Corpsey Haxor

This is one of the most annoying things in the game.. the most common is when noobs start backwalling areas where, strategically, it would be better without it.

Klokinator likes this.
  19. These will usually just take advantage of new players or really bad ones

It's a good design but easily manipulated, the mine idea will work on most players

20. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

[​IMG]
    Huh? What's, what's that?

[​IMG]
    Aww, it's a cute little archer treehouse! This is a great fortification, because if a knight draws near, you just move to the opposite side they're standing on. You can shoot out of all angles, and the door gives you an easy way in. The ladder is so you don't have to spam tapping up to stay on the tree.

Pretty cool, eh?

Also, you can easily put two more vertical lines of stone backwall, because the tree if dropped three tiles into the ground, obscures everything.

MadMeerkat, SirDangalang and EhRa like this.