1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What is a small change that could improve the current build drastically? [1236]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDirtySwine, Sep 7, 2014.

1. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Continuing from the previous thread discussion.

I've had a couple of ideas:

Make grapples shoot faster so it's easier to stomp. (Not sure if OP)

Have special arrows take precedence over normal arrows (Not my suggestion but a good idea)

Fix the pick up priorities so an enemy flag takes precedence over a lit bomb.

Increase the cost of water arrows.

Make it so enemies can't turn off your trampolines (Makes tramp traps more useful)

Feel free to add your ideas below just try not to be too redundant.

NinjaCell likes this.
  2. StarskyGianni

StarskyGianni Shipwright

We should remove the immediate jump when you jump from the bottom of a trampoline. It is not realistic. Trampolines launchers are even less realistic. They are annoying

3. TheDirtySwine

I think as annoying as tramp cannons are they increase the pace of the game.

I think trampolines should be rotatable like ladders.

And water arrows are extremely useful for archers. They can put out fires, stun enemies and it's only 10 coins an arrow vs 30 coins for a water bomb. If there are multiple archers with water arrows you can practically keep an enemy perms stunned.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  4. StarskyGianni

StarskyGianni Shipwright

When you kill more than one player at the same time, we need to see "Multikill" like Soldat2d, or +2, +3... like KAG Classic, or "combo"... something like that.
    I do not want the game looks like a First Person Shooter, but I'm tired of seeing stacked players names when you kill more than one player.

ye i need to practice my english

5. TheDirtySwine

Your English is perfectly fine :)

6. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Get few coins whenever you hit someone.
    I mean, as an archer, I keep hitting the enemies, but when on the last heart, they keep running away or someone in my team steals my kill...

7. TheDirtySwine

I think getting coins for assists would be nice or getting assists in general would be cool

abels and PinXviiN like this.
  8. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

If they can have grapples be effected by gravity (AKA shoots out faster when thrown below than above), then this might work. I personally have never tried a stomp as it seems a much more . . . elite, in both concept and execution, but I can see how you going faster than your grapple could really screw you up.
    Personally, I would love to see a file somewhere where you can screw with pick-up priorities, as for your classes and playstyle.

After all, if you archer as a resource-retriever, you would probably to pick up mats instead of arrows or pine seeds.
    Add on things like bombs and flags, as you said, kegs, even boulders, and the pickup list gets more complicated for each playstyle.
    Pretty sure this is to balance their usefullnes, as they can be pretty kickass if you use it in the first rush. The knights hop over, the archers can use the enemy tower, and the builder can start either getting to the flag or collapsing an outer tower.

I mean, it's either being able to pick them up and turn them off, or having them be really fragile. After all, not too many ways to actually protect your base from trampolines, and hopping off of the tower into a tornado of knights is risky as-is. Also, more people are using some stone on tramp-cannons, which are less common, so a fire arrow wouldn't work as well.

9. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

You do get coins per hit, 5 to be exact.
    The same idea as above, but an actual assists system would be awesome where you might get 10 coins if you took part in killing someone.

Also, why are trampolines from the other team allowed to be packed up when for instance you can't just "turn" off a mine or a trap block? It seems kind of ridiculous to me, and I'd love for tramp traps to become more effective.

10. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I think "turning off" an enemy tramp should have a short timer, like unpacking a siege weapon/boat, except that if you moved too far away, it would stop. That way they can't be turned off in a split second inside a tramp trap, but they can still be removed easily if an opportunity is given. Grappling up an enemy tower and 'adjusting' their tramp cannon, is very fun.

In the same vein, catapults' wheels should not come off instantly either. It's a pain when one teammate just stops it in an awkward position. I know wheels may be buildable again, but this would save some time and wood as well as counter griefers.

Again, I'm digging that special arrow idea.

11. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Being able to change class at an enemy tent at CTF.

12. StarskyGianni

StarskyGianni Shipwright

I do not agree with that. :wink:
    I like the fact that we can only change class with shops.
    You can not change class at an enemy ballista, and you can't change class at an enemy war boat. If you can change class at an enemy tent, it does not make sense anymore. ::):

Fuzzle likes this.
  13. TheDirtySwine

This was in classic and I think it's balanced because if you can get into an enemy base without being killed you shouldn't be punished by not being allowed to change classes

blackjoker77777 and NinjaCell like this.
  14. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

It takes effort to get to the enemy tent. It's a risk being there at all. Changing in enemy shops is the same. Ballistae and warboats are different because they are up front and in the open and provide a spawn. Shops and spawns are more easily guarded.

It makes perfect sense.

15. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Revert to build 1180 for best ez change

Ricket and Tern like this.
  16. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Build 1180 = knights that can't even be stopped by the great wall of china.

17. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Well, it was good enough to live, oh, I don't know, over 100 days, so there is that.

But yea, I understand the concern with changing back to Build 1180, but if anything, that would be better that what is here now.

Personally, reverting to the one after 1180 (forgot the numbers) which nerfed knights would be better. I found that to be the only time where the game was balanced, or at least close to it, no matter how many people were butthurt that knights were no longer waterski's, tanks, and airplanes, all while wielding rocket launchers with infinite ammo.

18. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Lemme rephrase that

Revert to build 1180 but remove knight infinite wall climbing. That's all that needed to be fixed for them to be nerfed.

19. Personally I loved the concept of 1180, it made things incredible. You could do amazing things the better you got every class had a great advantage. One person could be a huge game changer

COUGH @sangfroid COUGH
    Though this build contains more balance it was still more enjoyable IMO. It was so exciting chasing down and archer with a flag with a slight chance of success. Now it's pretty much impossible unless the archer messes up

20. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Teammates colliding with you when you're shielding up. I'm guessing this is part of the coding that allows shield laddering, but it's really annoying when a teammate blocks you from moving up or worse, pushes you into the abyss, because their body collides with yours while you shield. :anger:

I've noticed this for a long time, but I always forget to mention it on the forum.

EDIT: Quick example video, if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    swiggityswooty and Blue_Tiger like this.