1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

We have a big issue in classic!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chumind, Jul 12, 2014.

?

Patch hacks

1. Yes

59 vote(s)
    70.2%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    29.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MFW far superior with gameplay

Those are fight words and that is just your opinion

2. i think you overestimate how much i actually care (also lol, sth sth objectivity)

oh btw, telling mod/admins/whatever to what to do while obviously you have no idea how the issue is handled is a great example of backseat moderation

3. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

"If that was happening in beta"

except it won't happen in beta because we have these things called moderators, whenever I've played classic, I haven't seen any moderators on. Proper moderation is not the devs' problem, it's a problem with the server owners.

4. Reincarnation

Reincarnation Shark Slayer

The 20 mofos who are voting to not patch hacks geez

5. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

At least have a guard on at some time of the day?

6. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester

guards have basically been disbanded; no new guards and no enforcing them. server admins are what you should be getting instead of calling "!guard" in IRC when most of the guards uninstalled it lol.

Apronymous likes this.
  7. Guards are mostly inactive and when they do come on I don't think they are looking to moderate an outdated version of KAG that is free and constantly has hacking

8. Andr01d

Andr01d Bison Rider

Guys I made fun of classic again xD am I cool yet? xD xD can't wait to start high school

PUNK123, Haste and Klokinator like this.
  9. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

Get more/better admins for your server. Most games don't have a guard system, because it's not needed. Guards shouldn't be needed on KAG too, just take care of your server.

In my opnion, KAG Classic's gameplay is far better than KAG Beta's, Beta is too bloated.
    But, Classic has no scripting, sadly, because of its code.
    classic gameplay + scripting = bst kag

Conquerer and PussyDestroyer like this.
  10. CaptianSlyfox

CaptianSlyfox Arsonist

You're running bold temple rp right? Cuz if so there no "admin" on is really scratchy. I mean really there is like 2 admins who ever play boldtemple rp. and most the time they don't do anything :P If you are looking for some help on that server you need active admins who actually play rp then just want to have admin there.

11. Haste

Haste Bison Rider

+ juxta = Revived classic

12. Conquerer

Conquerer Shark Slayer

so:
    -we have a big issue in classic
    -issue is hackers and shit
    -devs wont fix game and hacks
    -only possible solution is a community fix or if the devs actually decide to fix classic for some amazing reason
    conclusion: game is unlikely to be fixed

13. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Or you could just get more moderators who ban hackers on site

14. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Do you understand what "Unsupported" means?

There are community fixes available, but it still takes a good server owner to take the proper steps in protecting their servers. The developers have decided, although it's not a decision you and or others like, but it IS something you have to come to terms with. Classic KAG will not be updated any further, for all intensive purposes, it is "officially" unsupported.

15. Guro

Guro SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM

I thought I'd post this thread here. It seems relevant to the issues people are having with the decline in quality on classic servers. Please give your thoughts in the thread if you feel like you have anything to contribute in the way of suggestions, thoughts or discussion.

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/classic-style-ctf-servers.21683/

16. Devs dropped classic a long time ago, I don't believe help is coming from the devs. I don't believe they are doing too much on beta either.

You guys gotta work your problems.

17. orange_otter_01

orange_otter_01 Ballista Bolt Thrower

just buy beta its like, $5? i know of a guy who is trying to win a premium account JUST BUY IT YOU BUMS

18. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Shouting at people to buy the full version isn't going to work, dude. If someone still prefers classic to beta, then they're not going to change their opinion just because someone calls them a bum, even though I personally find that a very diplomatic argument.
    As of yet, beta doesn't have anything that reflects the drastically different gameplay of classic, although it's likely to do so in the future, which may be too late.
    The actual issue being discussed here is the currently irreversible decision of the developers to no longer support KAG classic, which is a shame but understandable. Many of them have already bought the full version, and decided they didn't like it.

NinjaCell, UnnamedPlayer and Guro like this.
  19. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Thread's run in circles a few times now. Please refer to Guro's link if you're interested in playing "classic" hacker free, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.