1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1239] Shop placements

Discussion in 'Builder' started by Hallic, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Hallic

Hallic Haxor

Hello old & newer kag players

I like to address the shop placement system. As you all know in the current system shops are immediately placed after clicking the icon in the build-/"F-"menu. This means that the position of your character fully dictates where the shop will be build. We've had a different system in the past where one had to place all individual small blocks to create a shop.

However this is not what im getting at. I think the shop placement system is long overdue and it is time for it to be handled in near future builds. Probably the most forward way to do it is to have builders click the shop-icon, and then have a highlighted 3x5 area which they need to place, which can maybe move 2 to 4(somewhat) tile to the left/right, after clicking it again the shop will be build.

I believe i saw a video with a more complex system(one where the builder again needs to place individual blocks) but am now unable to find it atm.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  2. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

Right now, if I want to make sure i'm placing a shop right I usually plop down a block next to me and try to make one, using the indicator that pops up as a guide. I don't see why shops shouldn't work like Hallic suggests - it's an improvement with no downsides as far as I can tell.

3. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

This would be very nice. It truly is annoying when you get shop placement wrong when wood is limited.

4. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

When placing a shop all bushes in the shop's area should be destroyed. Now, you have to destroy the bushes before being able to place the shop, annoying.

5. Anonymuse

Anonymuse Arsonist

I like that idea a lot, especially if you're really in a hurry.

6. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

isn't this more of a suggestion?

EDIT: I do like this idea though

7. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

It makes sense given how everything else gets built in KAG. The floaty icon only appears if you actually fail to place a building, and misleads you into thinking you can just click to place it if you move the ghost shop to a valid location.

hierbo and Hallic like this.
  8. Hallic

Hallic Haxor

Anyone have news on when this will be fixed?

9. wilpin7

wilpin7 Lewd~ Donator
    1. KAG Competitive League

Eh, from what I've seen there aren't really plans on changing this, but I really like your suggestion and totally +1 it. Kinda surprised @Geti hasn't added his opinion to this thread already, would like to see what he thinks.

Ozminer, SirDangalang and J-man2003 like this.
  10. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

I know how you feel, I think this is a great idea

J-man2003 likes this.
  11. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

I hate having to wait for someone to move so I can place a block to then place the shop on, or having to block them into a hole.