1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

ArcheAge

Discussion in 'Other games' started by rymcd, Sep 16, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

Just wondering what the community here thinks about it.
    I'm about to try it out after it updates.

2. Also took the effort to inform everyone on the mumble ::D:

3. rymcd

Jiggy loves co op action:heart:

dual_chiecken likes this.
  4. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

I'll let you know when I am past the unskippable 2 hour mute intro movie.

rymcd likes this.
  5. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Can't even create an account at the site because it's so bogged down, I'll try it when internet traffic gets better.

Edit: Made the account, but they didn't send me the verification e-mail yet
    Edit2: Updating now, but I can't do anything else while I'm downloading, so I may just let it go overnight so I can do stuff today

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  6. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Not even gonna bother. It's a click-and-destroy with some genuinely cool features, but it's a click-and-destroy nonetheless. I get bored too easily if the combat isn't involving and very skill-based.

EDIT - Okay, scratch that. If I run out of things to do and I actually have the space and time to download the thing, I might give it a whirl. Because gliders.

7. rymcd

I'm stuck downloading this for another 7 hours, yes my internet is that bad lol.
    I will make a post on it after I get to try it, I think its gonna be worth getting even as a free user.
    Also if it's good enough I'll be making a clan and getting a paid account so I can share features with people we invite to the clan. :heart:
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 16, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 16, 2014 ---
    By the way if you're lazy and want know what the game is like I would watch this.:wink:

8. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

If you want gliders, might want to try Firefall then. It has those and its an fps/tps.

9. Auburn

whelp, I updated and everything, but every server has an insane queue on it. What server are all of you on, so I know where to create a character when I get the chance?

10. rymcd

Believe it or not I'm still installing it !!!
    It will be done by tomorrow and I'll know what server we're using by then.
    Sorry I can't help yet.::(:

11. Done downloading Jig?

@Auburn #FeedTheChicken

:right::rektlord: :right: 78787878

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  12. Auburn

Rather than feeding a chicken, I'd rather just fry it up and eat it. #FeeltheBurn :camping:

And please tell me you all are choosing US east as your location

Horse_That_Goes_Ni likes this.
  13. rymcd

Yeah I'll be doing US East, my download got fucked up though. Apparently this game only likes to be saved to your C drive, I'll be done in like 3 -4 hours.:rekt:

14. while @rymcd downloads for a day I'll be done in 20 minutes:wink:

P.S. You don't to #FeedTheChicken food but you can feed it to your peers :B): #FEEDTHECHICKEN

15. rymcd

This is what happens when you get cheap internet with unlimited data usage lol.:QQ:::(:

16. Auburn

on the plus side, you can download all the hentai you want! (so long as you don't mind it being a slow download)

17. rymcd

Lol I still have like 2 hours left, pretty ridiculous!
    I was reading up on ArcheAge and I found out we also have to pick the same faction and server if we wanna play together.
    Faction

There are three factions in Archeage.

The West

The East

AND the pirates.

The East & West factions cannot interact with each other, aside from combat, and without learning the others language, it will come out as gibberish when attempting to communicate, except in Mail.
    They can also not form parties or raids, however Pirates that were formally part of the east or west can join their former factions Raid/Party, but pirates can only join Pirate Guilds.
    The guild that claims the most land on Auroria can claim itself king of Auroria and make their own faction inviting guilds from both continents to join it. Note that upon becoming pirate, PUBLIC language tutors cannot be used, you will need to furnish your own, which could be an issue talking to pirates of a different factions, especially in a guild.
    -This is a quote-The system allows to establish independent faction relations with all existing factions (NPC and other player made as well). And also allows you to combine the players who were previously hostile factions (Hiranian and Nuian). During the truce between faction players, they can come to each other's territory, and the guards will not attack them, and you can easily interact with the NPC merchants.
    Right now, for a player faction it's only possible to set relationships towards the NPC factions, in the future it will be possible to establish relations with other independent factions as well.
    Players wishing to change faction can do this by using a special window in the interface, called the "Nation Window" and by clicking on "Immigrate". However, the final decision on accepting the player to join a faction remains for the King of the Nation to decide. However, the system does not allow dual citizenship, and also you can't change the faction by being a pirate.
    A guild leader, who has founded his own faction, can collect tax from the players (citizens) for their membership in the faction. The King of the Nation will decide on the taxing rate. In future updates various benefits will be added to the memberships of the faction.-This is a quote- Player made factions can invite anyone from any other fractions.
    For the NPC Factions a player made faction can sign a 7 day truce for 200G each, otherwise they are considered an enemy. The Player made faction territory becomes a safe area for the guild that owns it.

18. Auburn

the queue just to play the game is way too fucking long, I think I'm gonna wait for the mass population to die down before I start playing

19. Poor Jigsaw can't download the game :QQ:

I refuse to play until he can :B):

20. rymcd

3 download attempts and 27 hours later, the game is finally downloaded properly.
    Out of all my friends I was the only one getting this problem, I doubt anyone else will.
    However if you get the error 1005 while downloading this game let me know and I'll help you fix it.:heart:

I totally agree, its about a two hour wait per server. I might try playing late at night or actually waiting once or twice.
    However I won't be playing this to much till it dies down a little.
    I'm gonna try and pick a server and faction today or tomorrow so it'll be easy for us to group down the road if we want to.

Mods: BlueLuigi