1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Linux [KAG Classic] Juxta++ - Advanced Server Modding for Classic

Discussion in 'Community Dev Corner' started by master4523, Sep 9, 2014.

Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. master4523

master4523 Masterful KAG Guard Global Moderator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Lots of new scripting features and fixes!
    Changelog for 1.0.3
    [lua][added] new functions: KAG.GetPlayersCount() and KAG.GetPlayerByIndex(), useful for iterating through every players
    [lua][added] new functions to get/set custom variables for players: Player:SetNumber(), Player:SetBoolean(), Player:SetString(), Player:SetTable(), Player:GetNumber(), Player:GetBoolean(), Player:GetString(), Player:GetTable()
    [lua][added] new event: OnPlayerInit, called when the player object is initialized (either when he connects to the server, or when the plugin is reloaded). If you want to declare some player variables you should use this event instead of OnPlayerConnect or OnPlayerJoin
    [lua][added] external libraries support (more infos on http://juxta.cf/tutorials/#using-libraries)
    [lua][added] new default libraries: MathUtils, StringUtils, TableUtils, and database storage (see http://juxta.cf/tutorials/#using-libraries)
    [lua][added] new function: Juxta.GetVersion(), returns the version of juxta++ (as a single number, eg: 4)
    [lua][added] new function: Player:IsPlaying(), returns true if the player has joined the game and we know his character name
    [lua][added] new functions: Plugin.GetName(), Plugin.GetPath()
    [lib][added] new config variable: enable_lua_sandbox (default: true). Disabling it allows the use of risky functions that could possibly execute malicious code on your machine
    [lib][modified] Lua PANIC errors will print a warning in the console instead of crashing the server
    [lib][fixed] Booleans were passed as Numbers
    [lib][fixed] OnInit was called twice for every plugins
    [lib][fixed] CreateRoomCommand was not bound properly

2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Is there anyone using this on their servers yet?

3. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Master, no idea if possible but it'd be nice if you could set score (and optionally set kills/deaths) so you could fix the classic random score (and k/d) bug.

RampageX and 16th like this.
  4. master4523

You can use the KAG.SetScore(x) function, but there's probably a better way to fix this, not sure how though.

5. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

If you can or manage to make a setKills and setDeaths function I'm sure you could (easily) fix it, you could pretty much remake the ranks system from kscript but update kills an deaths (and score) to the scoreboard.

RampageX likes this.
  6. marcochanyh

marcochanyh Shark Slayer

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Master4523 You have COMPLETE THIS AWSOME PLUGIN!!!!

7. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Curious, could this code also edit the game so knights have bomb controls similar to beta? I mean like spacebar lights and tosses, but C picks them back up?

8. replace F w/ spacebar in controls

click c to pick up

9. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Thanks. Question though, if I do that, will I be able to light and toss with spacebar? Or will I just light it?

10. Lehmure

Lehmure Shark Slayer
    1. KRPG

Hullo, groit plugin, Master. :D
    And Kloki, if you change the controls of "Change" to Spacebar you will be able to toss and light the bombs with the...spacebar. :)
    And you can change also the controls you use to pick things up aswell.
    Sorrey for the offtopic and the bad grammar.

11. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Good to know, thanks.

12. FearSome

FearSome Haxor

Modifying juxtapp_config.cfg doesn't do anything... "speedhack_max_warnings = -1" still keeps banning players, even if i set it to something like "speedhack_max_warnings = 9999999999999" it still bans player after 5 warnings! And the ban is always for 15mins... Can't change anything D:

13. SnIcKeRs

SnIcKeRs Bison Rider

Don't use cheats:wink:

14. FearSome

FearSome Haxor

What i'm doing is - i increase builder mining and building speed. Same for archers to make arrows faster...
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 21, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 21, 2014 ---
    Well... thanks to ThailandGamemingGold i found out i can use "speedkick_immunity" in seclevs :)

PUNK123 likes this.
  15. FranticIch

FranticIch Let me be your tank... Donator

Hey @master4523, when will the tutorials on the website be finished?

16. master4523

Hello everyone,

It's been a while since the last update of Juxta++, but we kept adding new features to it, such as:
    • Blob functions and events (OnBlobHit, OnBlobDie, OnBlobMount, OnBlobUnMount, GetBlobByID, GetBlobByIndex, GetBlobsCount, Blob.GetFactoryName, Blob.GetConfigFileName, Blob.GetID, Blob.GetX, Blob.GetY, Blob.GetTeam, Blob.GetType, Blob.GetHealth, Blob.SetHealth, Blob.GetPlayer, Blob.Kill)
    • New player functions, such as Get/SetClass, Get/SetSex, Get/SetHead, Get/SetSpecialColor, MountPlayer, MountBlob, ...
    • New events/functions, such as OnPlayerDrop, OnPlayerChangeClass, OnRoomBuild, Player.IsKeyDown, Player.WasKeyPressed
    • Lots of fixes for old functions
    • Much more!
    Also, 10 months after the first release, we're finally releasing the source code of Juxta++! (thanks to THD staff)
    You can browse it here: https://github.com/master4523/juxtapp
    The code is messy and needs some refactoring but we're accepting pull requests :)

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    Noburu, FranticIch, Haste and 6 others like this.
  17. eric999

eric999 Bison Rider

I really hope you could make this compatible with Windows. I've been modding my server and I am running out of ideas, it would help me out a lot. Thanks.
    (I know right now you are working on the Arthuria server, don't need to rush yourself, take your time. :) )

18. master4523

Unfortunately it'll probably never happen, at least not from me.
    The way all this works really depends on Linux' own behavior, and also because the binaries of the Linux version of KAG server were compiled with debug flag, which helps a lot with reverse engineering.

Bottom line, it wouldn't be a simple port, it'd require a complete rewrite of the code instead.
    However, anyone's free to do it since the project is now opensource.

You could also run your server inside a Linux virtual machine on your PC (instructions here), or even set up a dual boot (instructions here), although I would recommend the first one because it's a lot easier.

19. eric999

eric999 Bison Rider

Ok thank you for the help. :)

20. FunATuns

FunATuns Builder Carry Donator

Hey @master4523 , could you make the amount in Kag.spawnegg, set the team for the outpost? thanks

Mods: Downburst, Mazey