1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What is better a catapult or a ballista?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mcrifel, Sep 20, 2014.

?

Catapult or Ballista?

1. Catapult

25 vote(s)
    53.2%
  2. Ballista

22 vote(s)
    46.8%
  1. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

I personally think it depends on the situation. If your attacking heavily then the ballista is the right choice but I think catapults are better for defending and putting on ships.

what do you think?

icemusher likes this.
  2. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Ballistae get captured too often to be useful. Catapults can launch people further afield as well as demolish towers.

bru-jaz likes this.
  3. Ballista easily.

Explo bolts will save us from the evil and cause rage for our sins

4. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

It really depends on the situation. Ballistas is good for getting a ton of people to the frontlines asap. A cat a is good for shredding through structures and launching teammates. I think that a ballistas can be captured and used against you and it also costs a lot more gold for explosive bolts. Although the ballistas is more expensive it will probably serve your team better than a cat a and you honestly can't go wrong with either.

TheAverageMan likes this.
  5. TheAverageMan

TheAverageMan Shark Slayer
    1. DUCKS - We Love DUCKS

I think you mean the reverse. Cata's are good frot getting a ton of peeps to the frontlines asap, a ballista is good against structures.

6. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

No, well kind of. I meant it as ballistas is a frontline spawn point.

Sytoplasma and norill like this.
  7. mcrifel

1. MIST

Ballistas are better in taking down structures if it has explosive bolts. But those are expensive. A catapult is better in bringing down buildings in my opinion just because you don't need expensive ammo.

8. expensive? i never had problem buying those. i dont even know how much are they, which by Bronn's logic means they are cheap

PUNK123 and Grendell100 like this.
  9. mcrifel

1. MIST

Last time I checked it was pretty expensive (I am talking about explosive bolts) But maybe it changed!

10. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Except if you launch boulders from catapults, it does about as much damage as an explosive bolt

11. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

There are much more you can do with catapults... (hehe)

12. ieatpieandlikepie

ieatpieandlikepie Drill Rusher

I think none because if a noob gets a hold of a ballista or a catapult, they might just explode everything, not just their base, but ours.

13. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

They are good for different things, I voted for Ballista because you can spawn at the Ballista and I am pretty sure to my knowledge you cannot spawn to catapult.

14. Catapult is a better weapon of mass destruction. Why rush the keg when you can launch it? Just exposed the flag room? Launch me too.
    Ballistas may have explosive bolts dealing mass damage but your going to need a hell of a push to get forward to the flag

15. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Ballista got bad fire rate, too nerfed in my opinion.

16. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

I would like to see a powerbar when you use the ballista!

dual_chiecken, Anonymuse and Auburn like this.
  17. miniswrider

miniswrider Bison Rider

It really does depend on your situation. For example, if you have quite a bit of money and your enemy is building very well defensively, ballistae are great for bringing knights(and rats hehehe) closer to their tower as well as destroying their building with the bomb bolts. However, catapults are more cost effective and versatile, easier for usage on the front-lines and on towers as well as being able to launch a few commando knights past enemy defenses to destabilize their base and even breaking the tower even though its destructive force is severely lacking(unless you're willing to greatly lower the rate of fire and increasing the cost by buying boulders for them). Personally, however, because of the high flexibility in their usage and lower initial cost I believe it would be more useful to have a catapult than a ballista. But those are simply my thoughts on the matter.:workbench:

18. Nicuwins

Nicuwins Bison Rider

Catapult.

19. samsamkill4fun7

samsamkill4fun7 Horde Gibber

i feel a trebuchet is better than both because it can launch a 90 kg projectile over 300 meters

20. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

For me it depends on the situation. Ballista a can be used as a spawn point that u don't have to use gold to buy (except the shop) which can be extremely effective and also can cause mass destruction. However a cata can launch people as well as cause destruction, just not nearly as much as a ballista with bomb bolts.