1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1239] Impracticalities of 'shotgun archer'

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Rocketlock, Sep 4, 2014.

1. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Why doesn't he add the two arrow fade out mechanic to legolas?
    It is definitely not easier to run away with shotgun. (excluding doors) You have to be even more in their face, right next to them. The other issue is the multi-knight thing, that does not help archers. All it does is push one back, dealing two hearts damage, while the next guy slashes you in the face.

Shotgun doesn't make archers OP, look at the scores in every single match. What shotgun does is make it very easy to hit with one powerful shot at CQC which often leaves you vulnerable. So basically, archers get a free ticket to do a bit of damage, but then die half the time, especially vs multiple knights. It actually makes it harder to be a good archer.

Just because a move damages you a lot as a knight does not make it and therefore archers OP. It's definitely broken, in more ways than one, but it does not make archers OP. Archers are not dominating games, they are just messing them up.

2. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

You have some good points, and have added doubt into my mind, but I still think that it is stuffed up in some way, perhaps not op, but stuffed up. I just don't see why when I am playing as a knight, if I see an archer, I am unable to approach him (without usage of terrain) because if I do, I get a shotgun in the face. If I shield on my way up to him, I'm too slow, and he either runs away, or breaks my shield with shotgun. If I slash like crazy to get to him quickly, he'll send a single shot in my direction, run away, or I get 3 hearts damage from his shotgun. A knight cannot get within killing range of an archer without the usage of items (bombs) or is forced to rely on the archer making a mistake, I just don't see how this is balanced or even makes sense.

Klokinator and Dargona1018 like this.
  3. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

It was the same with the old legolas shot, you just didn't see it as much because not as many people played archer.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  4. weman713

weman713 Haxor

Some people forgot the ridiculous knock back with the legolas. Even if u didn't hit them close enough to stun and do damage, you were safe because it sent them back enough blocks for an easy retreat. If you did hit them close enough to stun, the other two arrows literally sent people flying. The shotgun is a huge nerf. The only good thing about it is the fact that you can release all three arrows in an instant, but that is a double edged sword. Archers got the nerf all most were crying for, and now, of course, people are complaining about it. The game is more balanced now then ever. You think having an enemy team of camping archers is bad, but if they were all charging knights it would be much worse. The high tier players still rule the game. No matter the class.

TheAverageMan likes this.
  5. neil58

neil58 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

People are mad because 1v1'ing against a knight now requires a tiny bit on skill.

6. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

And they're right.

7. NightCurse

NightCurse Catapult Fodder

hi guys, in my opinion the "shotgun shot" is worse than the old "triple" charge shot, because it make´s it truly harder as archer to fight against knight´s and it has taken little bit the fun factor of the game and some tactival possibiltys because 2 arrows brake down after while during flying ... i dont like it and other player´s.

so dev team pls find a solution where maybe both charge shot styles are available =).
    maybe with two kinds of archers, i mean exactly that there are is defense/siege archer class and assault/assasin archer class, defense/siege have shotgun shot and assault/assasin have triple shot (old charge shot style without arrow braking).

whats your opinions?

8. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I think that shotgun is easier for others, and at this point, it will never be taken out, seeing as it has been a part of us since, what, beginning-to-mid August? It'll never go away now, no matter how much we talk about it, sadly.

As to what you have said about there being 2 different choices for archers, I think that there is too much of a difference between playstyles that there would need to be an easily distinguishable feature to them, like one having a brown strap across, the other having a belt, something like that, so that you can see them accordingly.

At the same time, though, there would be a never-ending stream of archers, both Overcharge and Shotgun, probably working together to be really overpowered, more-so than shotgun. There would be the Shotgun-Shield-Breakers, and the Overcharge-Arrow-Spammers, all at once, reking shit up.

9. NightCurse

NightCurse Catapult Fodder

well, in that case they should make 2 different kinds of knight´s, defensiv and offensiv knights to make the chances equal.

10. lare290

lare290 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Legolas shot is actually more realistic than shotgun..
    I just saw video where one guy shot 3 arrows in row faster than Legolas in movies. And accuracy was perfect.

11. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

What legolas did in the movie was exactly the same to the current shotgun shot. He never charged up 3 arrows to shoot them very quickly, but he did shoot a mumak with 3 of them at once.

And no, it's not less realistic. Both are possible.
    Everything is possible if you train it for 30 years.

golemn likes this.
  12. lare290

lare290 Ballista Bolt Thrower

What if.. you could use both by changing shot style using button/key/new class?
    If not that, then change back to that old style

13. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Right now, the shotgun isn't going anywhere, as we have had time to adapt.
    If we revert, it'll be like learning to do knight combat if they rewrote the whole code and the way it works.

Also, with being able to change between, there would need to be VERY easily-seen differences between archers.
    Right now, this game is about split-second evaluations and choices, and being able to see which kinda archer it is is key.
    Shotgun? Better back up.
    Overcharge? You better know who wields it.

This would have people either hating it, or having people want another knight to choose from, and another builder.
    That is just way too much. Get used to the shotgun, as all of us have, since it will not get taken out now.

PUNK123 likes this.
  14. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

The revert movement was too little and too late. We've had shotgun for so long that it will never get removed. Full stop. End of story.

PUNK123, Dargona1018 and EhRa like this.