1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Kag World Cup [Finished]

Discussion in 'Old Events/Giveaways/Contests' started by Snake19, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Welcome,
    I'm Snake19, also known in community as, simply, Snake.
    And I'm here to announce great news. And, personally, I think you gonna love it. Alright, ladies and gentlemen, I'm happy to introduce you to...

The New KAG World Cup
    [​IMG]
    (edition 2015)

For those of you who aren't aware we had a KAG World Cup last summer held on KAG Classic with 10 participants nations. (I know it's not much but, well, it's KAG after all ::D:). That KAG World Cup was won by representants of Oceania with Ukraine as runner-ups and France on third place.

So why not try it again?

This World Cup will consist of series of matches on KAG with certain rules. After which we'll see what country most deserves the title of best KAG nation.
    This tournament is also dedicated in memory of @Kouji (rest in peace friend, we'll never forget you). Because without him it would be never possible to organise it. He helped me, who was basically like a stranger for him, to organise this. (Kouji was always ready to help anyone).:heart:

I'd also like to thank following people, potential leaders of teams, who helped me much during the process of creating the rules and tournament structure: @sinitreo, @Galen, @SAcptm, @UnnamedPlayer, @8x, @Superblackcat.:heart:

I'd like to direct you now to my friend's, @Lumeos, post that explains the rules of World Cup and how to participate with your nation's team and other important things.

:right:CLICK HERE :left:
    (you must part of this group in order to use the links to threads within the group)

KAG World Cup Reward :

1st: 20€ + 5 KAG keys

2nd: 10€ + 3 KAG keys

3rd: 5€ + 2 KAG key

It's possible that other rewards comes afterward.

In the end, I want to show you two videos of matches recorded during previous World Cup:

FRANCE VS BENELUX:
    (If you don't speak French the real match starts at 1:28)

CANADA VS USA:
    (Thank you @Ej for video)

Sincerly yours,
    Snake​

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  2. So basically one person has 33 ping and the other 233?

3. Tern

Tern Quickfish Donator Official Server Admin
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Both teams will probably play on a server that is on an entirely different continent from the ones the teams are from, so both teams will have horrible ping. It's better, I suppose, but still horrible.

EDIT: "Teams from the same home server region will play 3 different maps on their home server. Teams from different server regions will only play 2 rounds – one on each team’s home server. In both cases scoring will still depend on overall flags captured."

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  4. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

You can find the rules of the Kag World Cup here : https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/rules.21874/
    It explains how we will address this possibility.

In addition, we had a big discussions with the leaders of countries by reporting this problem of ping.

it's been several months we organize this World Cup Kag.
    We know what we do

Best Regards,
    Snake

Verzuvius and Lumeos like this.
  5. Can't even access the rules :thumbs_up:

6. Tern

All of the maps used in the rotation need to have the same number of flags. Using the default CTF rotation would be a problem in the event a match with only two flags happens on Team A's home server (let's say they get both flags and win, the other team captured no flags). The next match happens on Team B's home server. Team B now has advantage, and we'll say this map has three flags. Team B captures all three flags and wins. This was unfair, because there was unequal scoring potential in the two matches, giving the team that has the home match with more flags an advantage. Every map in the rotation needs to have the same number of flags because of this.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 21, 2014 ---
    Just join the social forum.

Verzuvius and Lumeos like this.
  7. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

you should join the group may be ^^ '

Verzuvius, Lumeos and Tern like this.
  8. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

No offense but you shouldn't be forced to join something just to measure your interest. I would recommend posting the rules within this thread.

thebonesauce, Winterbird and Galen like this.
  9. Tern

Probably a good idea, but making people use the social forum isn't terrible either.

Verzuvius, PUNK123 and Snake19 like this.
  10. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

it's a good suggestion. We Are here to listen to your suggestions to make this world cup kag the best as possible.
    Thank you for your help t3rnary.
    @sinitreo, @Galen, @SAcptm, @UnnamedPlayer, @8x, @Superblackcat.

I think if you want to participate in the World Cup Kag you must join the group.
    We did that last year and it worked very well.

I do not think Be a good idea to spam this thread rules of other.
    (And if the rules spanning several pages, people will not see etc ....)

All was created at the posts to make way for the subsections.
    The rules are in place.

And as there so say "T3rnary" will force his community to use social forums.

Sincerely, Snake

11. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

I'll be joining this, I'm hoping I can get leader for Canada as well. If you're from Canada message me please. :heart:

Verzuvius and Snake19 like this.
  12. Tern

@Snake19 When do you think the tournament will start? I don't see anything about dates in the original post.

Verzuvius likes this.
  13. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

I can not give you specific dates, because we are waiting for your opinion.

- We need to find leaders for each country.
    For now we only have it in France (Lumeos and me)

- And we also need to find players who will make up our teams.
    (although I have some ideas I want to see the entries.)

The servers are almost operational. Maps are operational!

I think in the next month everything will be ready!

Verzuvius and Tern like this.
  14. Tern

Awesome, thanks. :3

Verzuvius likes this.
  15. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I like it. but when do we expect this to kick off?
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 21, 2014, Original Post Date: Oct 21, 2014 ---
    Also any way to have a US west coast and US east coast? Kind of unfair if only one team represents all of America as it's about the size of Europe.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 21, 2014 ---
    And what does it take to get a twitch stream of the action so others can watch.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    Verzuvius likes this.
  16. Tern

Australia and Canada are also large countries, and there will only be one team for each country. I honestly don't think it would be fair if the U.S. (or another country) had multiple teams, as that would increase that country's likelihood of winning.

The date for the start of the tournament is TBA.

Verzuvius and Snake19 like this.
  17. Snake19

1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

The "size" of the country does means absolutely nothing: Last year France and Urkaine did set the top 3 while the United - States did not even reach!

This year I know that the United States will be very strong, but it does not mean that we will let rekt :wink:

+1

Verzuvius and Tern like this.
  18. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

wouldnt it be easier for the teams in each country to have to fight it out til there is 1 team to represent if that many people want to represent

Blue_Tiger, Verzuvius and kodysch like this.
  19. Tern

That would divide good players into different teams, and would not produce the best lineup to represent a country. The best five would likely be divided into different teams and some of them would be eliminated. It will be better to hold tryouts for each country to ensure the best possible lineup to represent a country is procured for the tournament.

Verzuvius and kodysch like this.
  20. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I can see this as a possible route, I just worry about some people being left out. Maybe have rules similar to Footbal world cup where country of origin could be claimed? Albeit more loosely than first generation.

Verzuvius likes this.