1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

General Knight Changes

Discussion in 'Balance' started by Auburn, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Malitha

Malitha Shipwright
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

The archer has been given great agility; in return he has just 2 hearts of health in order to keep the balance. If a health increase to an archer is made, so should a decrease in agility. Else, it would lead to an imbalance.
    I disagree with you about the one-hit on any range due to the fact that an archer now has the ability to shoot back bombs. If you have around 2-3 supposedly "good" archers they would be well able to see an incoming bomb and deflect it back.
    Also, how else could a knight get even with an archer other than through the use of bombs due to the fact of archers outmaneuvering knights heavily?.

2. Dubovnik

Dubovnik Drill Rusher
    1. Top Hat Squad [THS]

Hm....
    I cant say anymore....
    Knight has now more mobility due bomb-jump, speed slashes, double slash jump, infinity wall knock jump....
    and they can get past defense everywhere......
    What about bomb so its differrent to reflect it. because u dont know where arrow will go or bomb will blow up, and where knight throw that bomb
    Archer know only one thing: he lit bomb and it will blew up.
    But u can reflect bomb by pick them and throw away, so u can get advantage of that. Example: Knight throw bomb to ur position, U (Archer) pick it and immidl throw bomb to his position so u can kill him and collect money and some bombs to share with allys.

3. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

nerf bomb dmg.

EDIT: Bombs knockback, that is like a stun and stun is water bombs but they do no dmg? Bombs should do 1,5 dmg as bomb arrows.

4. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Maybe decrease the range at which it inflicts high damage?

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  5. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

That would make it harder to bomb jump or steal bombs for jump, right?

6. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Maybe, but the damage range seems to be greater than the bomb jump range. I just meant that it should do less damage just a bit further from the bomb, because it often makes no difference whether you dodge or not.

7. Dubovnik

Dubovnik Drill Rusher
    1. Top Hat Squad [THS]

Can u imagine how kg has bomb?
    Can u?
    Bomb are light tnt and they have small damage but great distance to throw.

8. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

@Malitha People keep saying that archers have amazing agility - but they don't. Sure, they can jump up trees and castles, but climbing up castles is pointless in the middle of a battle (most of which happen nowhere near castles) and knights can easily chop trees or slash you from the ground. Archers are actually slower in water, too - a place where it is near impossible to dodge bombs and a scene which occurs in most maps (some are almost completely ocean).

Also, I'm not saying remove bombs - bombs are fine, being able to damage archers at range is something knights need. But the fact they can throw a bomb and get within a few miles will instantly kill is outrageous. Archers require 4 hits on a knight to kill, and that's not even taking shielding and healing into account. You can scream that they're a support class all you want, I'm not listening - I want them to be a class, not something that you just have to sit back and press left-click every so often to shoot arrows.

kodysch likes this.
  9. stees

stees Builder Stabber

10. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

You know, knight's agility capabilities got nerfed in this last build. Archers have so much more agility now that they should always be able to outrun a knight now. Builders can also build a quick defense to stop or severely hinder a knight. If you say knights have too much agility compared to the other classes on land, you're just bad.
    Also, another knight class/equipment set isn't needed because you can still be an offensive knight, it just takes something called a brain.

NinjaCell, kodysch and Malitha like this.
  11. NightCurse

NightCurse Catapult Fodder

in my opinion the shield should have lower arc! for example: knight is holding shield to the left direction but archer shoot arrow on the upside from knight, mostly the arrow are donĀ“t hit the knight. that is not logical because the arrow should fully be able to hit!

have a nice day =)

12. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

The necro is strong with this one...
    tl;dr
    shield was once too big, then got made too small, now it's this current size which is almost too small because paper shield tends to be an issue in knight vs knight combat.

PUNK123 and kodysch like this.
  13. NightCurse

NightCurse Catapult Fodder

maybe good idea will be that the shield can be broken by some hits? this can bring more tactic and balancing to the game?

14. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

The knight's shield can be broken by close range arrow shots, water arrows and stomping. At the moment, if any class is OP (not the case), it would be archer. As long as you know how to get around, an archer can easily take on a knight in 1v1, sometimes even 2 at once.

15. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Have... you even played the game yet?

16. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

My guess is he meant break as in break permanently, so the knight can't shield.

Too drastic a change for vanilla balance, of course. But it would have been an interesting mechanic if the game had been built around that.

17. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

STOP THE NECRO'ING

18. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

This is "General knight changes", it's okay to necro it. Not that I look forward to anything in the balance forum being necro'd. And now that it's already been necro'd it's not necroing to post here.

Blue_Tiger likes this.
  19. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

20. revsta

revsta Shipwright

Knights do. Knights can hover and jump and glide up walls, and builders can't just easily build something to stop a knight. It depends highly on the terrain. A builder can jump into a hole and wall himself up, but that only helps you survive for the moment, it doesn't get you anywhere. You can't toss up a wall that quick, because a knight can bomb jump it, slash jump/hover up it or just run up it before you get it up. And again, this only helps you survive for two seconds. Unless you're in the bottom of the map you can't drop spikes on him either, so....yeah. Not saying a builder should be able to take a knight, but I"m just saying. You're not right on this.