1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Sket Dance, ftl

Spongebob>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Patrick
    get on my level puto

2. Psiklaw

Psiklaw Bison Rider

Samurai Champloo (hip hop samurais)
    Cowboy Bebop (jazz space pirates)
    Sakamichi No Apollon (jazz highschool)

Also Ghost in the shell, akira, ninja scroll and all that. I dont like typical highschool anime stuff so i choose to share here more edgy options (which probably have been already posted tho).
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 6, 2014 ---
    also LVT invasion lol :rekt:

3. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

I really liked Inazuma Eleven(football themed anime), kinda childish but yea, it s cool.

LVT EVRIWUEEEREREE

4. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Anyone watch the newest Denki-Gai? Definitely shaping to be best anime this season.

Fu Girl best.

5. Guilty crown >death note> Codegeass> tokyo ghoul

6. It's quite good with a stupidly ambiguous ending, but well worth the watch.

Hawxx and BlueLuigi like this.
  7. jimmyzoudcba

jimmyzoudcba Haxor Tester

SWORD ARTS ONLINE\SWORD ARTS ONLINE 2

8. :thumbs_down:

Hawxx likes this.
  9. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Watching Hajime no Ippo at the moment, do you know there are 2 other seasons for it? I haven't seen them but they are quite recent and both have episodes around the 20 mark.

10. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Possibly, though I heard that the anime switched things around and missed some things in the manga, what I mean by that is that some things happen at different times and in the wrong order, watching Nichijou at the moment, that shit is funny.

11. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

The manga was amazing, it only covers the first half of it though so sadly no ZA WARUDO or road rollers yet. Have you watched the anime adaption of the first 2 parts? If you haven't I highly recommend you do because it's very good.

EDIT: I'm talking about JoJo manga and not Ippo manga FYI, I haven't even read the Ippo manga myself haha

12. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Ah, I've just started Hajime no Ippo and Terraformars (The censored version :rektlord:). Both are really good so far.

13. "Parasyte" is my favourite so far this season

14. Infiniterising

Infiniterising Amorous Duelist Donator

Felt like regaining my humanity by hitting myself with sad stuff that triggers feels.
    • Clannad
    • Angel beats
    • Friend recommended Vampire Knight. (Said it was a girl anime)
    I laughed my way through the first two ;(
    I'd already read the manga for VK, so I wasn't too surprised.

Now back to my 49th rewatch of Code Geass, coz mecha, Lelouch vi Infiniter and Titties.

Hawxx likes this.
  15. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Unnaceptable. We cannot stop until we make you shed at least a single tear. Try Anohana.

Alternatively, we could go for soul-crushing. That's worth almost as much as a good cry. For that, try the first ten minutes of Kotoura-san.

16. He is too far gone, if he didn't shed a tear during clannad, there is no hope:QQ:

17. Nighthawk

There is always hope. We just have to keep shoving feels down his throat until something works.

18. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Hard to tear up on anime for me, books on the other hand if it's good enough... (Actually some of these VRMMO light novels come close)

19. Nighthawk

Some people might consider me a living insult to my own gender; I'm much more prone to tears than most guys.

As far as what brings it on when watching stuff, though, I've found that it's not so much a deep connection to characters as it is the times when the emotions in the show feel really genuine. I have some sort of empathy-trigger in me or something, because when I see crying, I tend to join in.

Weird part is it isn't just emulation. I legitimately feel sad. I guess it's like seeing someone smiling and feeling happy. What with the mirror neurons and all that jazz.

20. Infiniterising

Infiniterising Amorous Duelist Donator

I AM HATE. I AM FEAR. I AM THE STUFF OF THE VOID.
    *ahem needed that.

But yeah... Crying... I somehow got myself to cry with the following:
    1. watching the ending to code geass 50 times over. Damn lelouch!
    2. Listening to this song. Watch it. Full. www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0dvRMnmN2w
    3. Hit myself over the table with my head during song accidentally.
    4. Finished reading Aki Sora.
    5. Finished Valkyria Chroncles the second time (first time I was just a kid)
    And I cried. The feels :-:
    Edit: some people might say that clannad should have made me cri. I honestly didn't like the characters in that show... And I was actually hoping for some NTR (search it up)... God I'm a sick demon.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
Mods: BlueLuigi