1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Forum Imported Storm2D forum

Discussion in 'Forum, wiki and other THD pages' started by Furai, Dec 3, 2014.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97
  1. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Hey,

So today I've imported Storm2D forum into these forums. It's a part of bigger scheme for getting our forums unified and re-branded as THD Forums. This will be gradual process over incoming weeks.

To those who actually were part of Storm2D forums here is the link to reclaim your old posts. All you need to do is provide your current kag2d username and password and your old username and password from the Storm2D forums. That means that you have to have an account on KAG forums. So if you don't have one - login to these forums with your KAG2D credentials. Script was based of the old citricsquid's reclaim script. I have updated it and made it execute a bit faster. After you run it your posts will be reclaimed and you post total count updated.

To all the others, move along, there is nothing to see for you. You'll notice new Storm2D node with many subforums.

Cheers,
    Furai

2. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Will the Soldat forums merge with the KAG forums in the future, or stay separate?

3. Furai

It will stay separate.

4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

This is due to Soldat being a pre-THD product? Or simply because it's a long established community and shifting them would cause unnecessary hassle?

startselect3 likes this.
  5. Roland

Roland THD Team THD Team Administrator Forum Moderator

Great job Furai! I'm glad you managed to get it working rather than us having to start from scratch again.
    Everything seems to be working well :-)

startselect3 and 101i like this.
  6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Due to soldat forum staff not being interested in merging, them having a heap of custom stuff on their forums they'd rather not lose, and that part of THD being quite separate anyway.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  7. dnmr

dnmr Ministry of ban Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

8. Furai

To address this issues I've added barely noticeable message at the top of the forums.
    2014-12-04_14-11-54.png
    I've also activated the forums. Now users should be able to recover their old passwords.
    Further actions taken by me:
    • disabled possibility to register
    • users cannot post new threads
    • users cannot sent private messages
    • users cannot actually do anything because NO
    • drank some water (water is LIFE!)
    So basically forum is locked out.

Roland, norill, Geti and 1 other person like this.
  9. DUZ

DUZ Horde Gibber Tester

Done :D

LucasTT likes this.
  10. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

okey cool! im excited for further changes related to the forum.

Mods: dnmr, Kazaco97