1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Water arrow adjustment

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Verzuvius, Dec 15, 2014.

?

Sounds good?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  2. Yes, but the cost should be increased by 5g, 10g, 15g or 20g

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. No

32 vote(s)
    82.1%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Make water arrows deal damage on impact.

Why?

- Fire arrows do.
    - Bomb arrows do.
    (- Regular arrows do.)

This would also make water arrows a bit more useful when "solo-ing" (which I often do).

Hahaha, there are much easier way to kill someone as archer! And if you hit a knight who got his shield up then the first wouldn't deal any damage.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2015
  2. Stun and damage at the same time..

No thanks

Dargona1018, Withror, GreyHCK and 8 others like this.
  3. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Is that even an argument?

4. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Let me put it this way, 4 water arrows = instant death = bad

5. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Haha, no way. Water arrows are a supportive and defensive weapon, they would be way too OP if they did damage. Though I would like an increase AoE on them.

Sytoplasma and PUNK123 like this.
  6. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

OP edited.

7. Blue_Tiger

Fuck no. Water arrows are already overpriced. 10 gold per arrow which gives back 0 gold and kill a couple people at most if you time it right and aim it right.

8. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Fuck no you! Water arrows are already underpriced. 10 gold per arrow which gives back 0 gold and kill a couple people at most if you time it right and aim it right. And is incredible in clan wars. A water arrow or two can totally decide what team will win.

9. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

You can have your opinion, Verzuvius, but I'm afraid most people do not share it, myself included, for reasons that have already been stated. If you disagree with those, there is simply nothing more to be said.

I'm not going to sugarcoat if for you, though - I'm pretty damn sure the devs will not give water arrows damage. Which is why I can post this with no concern whatsoever and feel no need to reply if you make any sort of rebuttal.

Good day.

10. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Good day and thank you! ::):

11. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

it would be like using the Sydney sleeper in TF2

makes your enemy stunned, damaged, and feel like a piss poor player

PUNK123 and Vamist like this.
  12. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

yeah lets make archers more powerful cause why the fuck not, when you shoot someone with a water arrow you can already just stomp them to death or have a teamate slash him to death, also
    - Fire arrows do.
    - Bomb arrows do.
    (- Regular arrows do.)

is a terrible argument, what you are saying is "three fourths of arrow types can damage you, hell why not make it so all arrows damage you!"

13. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

that was kind of a joke, huehue

14. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

why are people saying water arrows need to cost less..., honestly if you think a bunch of archers running around with 6 water arrows per life is a good idea i would love to see your explanation as to why that would be good :/

PUNK123, startselect3 and FoxyLady like this.
  15. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Who wants to lower the price?

16. Blue_Tiger

Bombs are an archers nightmare. You have to keep track of every knight and put yourself out there if you want to water arrow them. If you miss or they notice, they just throw it at you and then you're basically fucked because you've not been thinking of position.

kodysch likes this.
  17. neil58

neil58 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Why would you need to use water, if you could just shoot a water arrow, switch to another kind of arrow, shoot it and runs away still doing 1 heart? Making water arrows do 1 damage encourages the masses to mindlessly spam water, even more than they already are.

18. Blue_Tiger

You have to hit both and each hit costs 10 gold - 40 gold per kill and you can only take 1.5 of the arrows with you. Take into account you need to charge the shot, so they can dodge it. I guess you can charge, switch to water, shoot, and then quickly charge a second, but you can only do that once until they get wise. The only time water arrows are frequently useful for is shooting an incoming knight and hoping your team mates aren't total assholes. In clan wars, that's less likely the case, but what's one kill going to get you? It's extremely rare that you get more than 1, and I don't even recall getting 3 in one shot more than once. On top of that, they don't give you money back, either. In pub games, knights will never buy you water arrows, in clan wars, people seem to be more focused on bomb arrows.

People who think water arrows are underpriced are people who don't use them and just whine because they get a low KD in a game about capturing the flag.

Edit: re-read your post and noticed it was about water arrows doing one heart - I guess it can be also directed at @kedram though.

19. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Some of you may have misunderstand...

THE COST SHOULD NOT BE DECREASED!!!

SirDangalang likes this.
  20. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

I voted yes under the condition that the price is increased and you'll only receive one arrow upon purchase (as opposed to two.) It should only deal a fraction of a heart, though. If it dealt 1/2 a heart, then you'd be able to kill an archer with 4 water arrows, so I guess it should only do 1/4 a heart of damage

Mods: Rainbows