1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1239] Boulders OP pls nerf

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by IguanaMan, Nov 29, 2014.

1. IguanaMan

IguanaMan Ballista Bolt Thrower

Yes I just rage quit TDM to make this but it's been bothering me for a while. The one hit kill anything next to you or below you is getting a bit tedious. Yes, it takes a bit of skill to learn but the fundamental issue is they do too much damage.

I mind less when its dropped on my head, but when I go in swinging at 90 degrees its just luck whether I hit the boulder first or it hits me and insta kills. I've only ever seen them being used like this, which I'm sure wasn't the reason they were put in the game.

Thoughts? Geti knows about it I assume, has an official comment been made whether it's here to stay or not? Personally I'd be ok with keeping the damage the same if you moved slower with it, so it's more defensive - as this gives you the chance to position yourself above them.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
    kodysch likes this.
  2. HappySheep

HappySheep Horde Gibber

Boulder :boulder: slows the player that is bringing it, and it's movement is so slow. You can prevent it by moving away or slashing the rock. :knight:

If you think boulder :boulder: is so op, then think about spikes :spikes:. It's all about adapting to the "meta" and trying to get better! (You can also use the boulder) :wink:

AmestriStephen likes this.
  3. IguanaMan

IguanaMan Ballista Bolt Thrower

Thing is, it doesn't slow you down. I don't know if things are different between CTF and TDM but I tested and moved at full speed. Spikes are different, you can't be as mobile and kill with spikes, takes some setup to do.

You can prevent it by moving away, it's not really a solution. Slashing the rock I mentioned in my OP. It's 50/50 whether you hit the rock or it hits you first. Point is, if you slash the rock they don't die whereas you get hit by that boulder and it's insta-kill.

4. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Nerf boulders in tdm if you wanted to, but NOT IN CTF!

Stop grumble always an item is not all the time OP.
    Put yourself in the place of the person who plays the boulder and see that it's not always easy to kill an opponent with. (I speak especially CTF)

The person playing the boulder you brain tries to kill you.
    Learn how to play against it and you will see that it is not so hard to kill them.
    I personally think it is harder to play CTF in builder with a boulder that with spikes
    Take the test you will see.

But I do not want the spikes are nerf.

The game is very good at the moment.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    kodysch likes this.
  5. HappySheep

HappySheep Horde Gibber

Then imo they should slow you down (to be honest i'm not sure about if they do).

When you see someone with a boulder :boulder:, you can wait archers :archer: to hit him (then rock falls down) and you can attack.

:r_flex::smug::flex:

6. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

BUT..... if you put the boulder in your inventory, you walk normal speed
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 30, 2014, Original Post Date: Nov 30, 2014 ---
    I love killing people with boulders as builder in CTF, like best ever

icemusher and Snake19 like this.
  7. LegendBeta

LegendBeta Shopkeep Stealer

It's so much fun to kill people in TDM with boulders, they are a little OP but very hard to use at first.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  8. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Press and hold S when they come at you
    PROBLEM SOLVED

9. LegendBeta

Actually this guy is a genius, who the hell thought of this before ?

Auburn likes this.
  10. SAO-Lucianous

SAO-Lucianous Catapult Fodder

Sorry you feel that way u .u

11. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

archer disagrees

12. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

how about we make it so if you are an archer (and you are holding a boulder) you cant grapple?

13. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

I like how you cut off 0:37 clip just before you died yourself

14. jarrydthysse

jarrydthysse Bison Rider
    1. Trueblue [TB]

I thinks its BS when someone throws a boulder from under you hitting your feet. yet it still instakills you

Rocketlock likes this.

15. The music in this video gave me a laugh on its own. 10/10
    Fuck tender is the knight lets go with hard is the boulder @Geti

Boulders are fine TBH they are pretty ridiculous but easily countered.

kodysch likes this.
  16. LegendBeta

Thanks, yeah you can easily kill someone holding a boulder.
    They act differently and focus too much on throwing the boulder to dodge or shield you know ?

@dual_chiecken

17. trueok

trueok Builder Stabber

Ok long story short

The video is you killing the same few people over and over there archers not kights

Boulders you can not be hit by one by pressing s as auburn sad

not every hit with a boulder is 1 hit dead

Why Boulders don't need to be nerfed because in ctf boulders cost 35 wich is 5 more then the thing you get

from the tent so most people don't get the 5 stone to make boulder in tdm the cost 50 per boulder wich is the

spawning amount in tth you need a workshop and stone
    Plx don't put as spam :heart:It's better to reed it like this better for your eyes:heart:

Fernegulus likes this.
  18. jarrydthysse

jarrydthysse Bison Rider
    1. Trueblue [TB]

I
    In ctf you could just wait another 30 seconds to get 30 stone while holding the other 30

19. trueok

trueok Builder Stabber

Why would you you do that when you can go builder and go in the mines to get 5 stone

20. jarrydthysse

jarrydthysse Bison Rider
    1. Trueblue [TB]

I'm trying to say that you don't need to mine stone and even when the map ha no more stone you are still able to get a boulder in ctf