1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Knight Changes General (ignore the op)

Discussion in 'Balance' started by Duplolas, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Pizza likes this.
  2. NightCurse

NightCurse Catapult Fodder

sorry about it ^^ but im glad to see i´m not alone who made this suggestion ^^

3. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

I highly disagree. This is a year old topic, and you know what? I think it's still a valid suggestion. Did anything really change since it was posted? Nope. Well, I add my vote to this suggestion. Call it necro-ing if you want. I think double slashing is highly frustrating and overpowered. It needs to be addressed, just like the archer's triple shot was.

Asu likes this.
  4. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

So you prefer to stab?

5. No, he didn't say that. He said that he agrees with the fact that double slashing is overpowered. Did he ever say he hated using slashes? No, he said that it is overpowered, and needs to be nerfed.

6. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Whatever, I just mean that his bullshit should be nerfed.

7. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

yeah yeah just why the camo flaming war
    chill already go kill a few people come back

now before they ban me
    what the actual fuck, double slash is nowhere near being op
    it's very easily dodged, and if you're stuck, well you're dead anyways
    can you at least point out the situations in which it's overpowered

8. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

If you keep nerfing knight aspects, they'll become useless. They're nerfed enough now. If you want to nerf something again, you'd buff some other thing (that require skills, not like jabspamming).

9. I was just defending Vermilicious, never said anything about what I want, and no, I don't want knights to be nerfed.

10. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

You can't really "dodge" it when you've gotten close or eroded terrain makes it hard to retreat, that's the thing, and it's pretty much an instant kill. It's quite brutal against a new player, and still very frustrating even to an intermediate player like myself. Whatever class you choose, you can't really fend against a knight with the upper hand. And, even if you somehow manage to survive his/her double slash, you're dead as soon as you take any kind of damage afterwards. Add into the mix that latency makes it very hard to judge exactly where and when the slash happens. A single slash is more than enough juice, and battles last a little bit longer and become more interesting.

But really, I'm not that interested in arguing much around this, because it's been done already. I just wanted to point out that I agree, and I still think something needs to be done. (As if anyone's really listening).

11. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

exactly, latency
    so why don't we let Geti fix the lag issues instead of flooding him with useless suggestions

12. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Because the thousands of complaints aren't enough to make him focus on fixing it.
    He'd rather try to balance the game or fix the bugs than fix the one thing that makes it unplayable:
    Latancy and it only using a max of, like, 1 GB of RAM.

13. let's not be posting offtopic stuff, folks.