1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action [!] CTF and Rapid CTF servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Noburu, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. bills6693

bills6693 Shopkeep Stealer

were you just on there too? I was blue, and indeed this is true, and now I have also quitted as it was getting boring.
    I pointed out to our team that the cata was winning it for us every time. Our setup was always jsut build a tower for the cata to go on. then as soon as it was time, cata was built, everyone put in their stone, and either a knight or stones would destroy the enemy cata if they built one, or their walls and defenses if not.

I think the maps being so short also didn't help - if the cata couldn't range on the enemy base if build at the start of the open zone during pre-battle, then this problem would also be eased somewhat.

2. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yeah I could make the map gen maps a bit longer. I need to actually take the time and get a few more maps made custom that are similar to what the mountain gen ones are so you can have a straight shot to the enemy base.

Geti is trying to get MM to add in the ability to disallow using certain blocks. If this continues to be a huge problem I will put in only the mountain map on rotation until I get another solution.

The main problem is me finding time to do it :P , so again if any of you want to make some maps around the same size as what the server is using (~120x~50) feel free to do so and post here and I will give you credit. Also reminds me I need to edit the OP.

So much to do, so little time :(

3. TerryDactyl

TerryDactyl KAG Guard Tester

Had a great match on a smallish, flatish map with a little dirt island set into cavern-valley. Red had a squat tower with drop-blocks, blue had a tall, thin tower which was eventually reinforced to prevent out catapults and bombs from bringing it down. Red eventually won (an hour?) by bridging the battlefield and bombing the @#$% out of the opposing team.

The remarkable thing is that both teams' towers were under constant threat throughout the entire game. The map benefit from a bit more height/underground. We dug tunnels, and we leveraged our victory through bottomless pits and trapbridges. Bedrock would play out much differently towards end-game.

Noburu likes this.
  4. Noburu

Glad you had fun. Hour is longer than I want games to take though :P Any suggestions on things?

5. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I just played it for the first time today, and regardless of the fact that the Blue team (my team) got annihilated by constant bombings and such, I had a great time.

I seriously recommend a floating island map, though.

You know what? I might just make a map myself. If I've got the time to fiddle with it, perhaps you'll see me throw one in to the mix this weekend. If you don't see me do that, it's either because I'm busy with work, or... gaming. ;)

Noburu likes this.
  6. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Server was a blast earlier today, and the rampant griefing present the day before was nowhere to be seen.

The small map sizes are fairly interesting. It could use more maps in the rotation, just keep the map ceilings low to discourage skybridges.

7. Noburu

Ive got a few ideas for maps as well I just need to find time to sit down and make them. One thing I am going to do is add a floating island to the canyon map Geti made (the smallest map atm) so that catapults cant hit the enemy base. Going to also do this on a flat map gen. That way we can keep more intense comabt and catapults wont be so blatantly overpower like they are now.

Also when/if the server dies down a bit I am going to restart to apply some tweaks. Respawn times will be a bit shorter for one.

EDIT: Did a few changes to Getis canyon map to help prevent catapult spam. Also made a new map with a hill in the middle. Setting them as the map rotation.

8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Fun server but with the very short spawn times getting a catapult up over whatever they have and then throwing the flag back to teammates is way too overpowered here, blue won 9+ games in a row (from when we started counting) using this tactic.

9. Noburu

New maps should help this quite a bit.

10. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

these new maps are terrible

instead of people building up bases (which is good btw) it's a race that grants victory to whoever can secure whatever landmark lies in the middle and cata/skybridge the other team with impunity

11. Sooo, like on every map with a hill in the middle.

12. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

yes seems like every map now has a "hill" and is bad

13. Noburu

Everyone was complaining about catapults instantly destroying bases before.

14. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

and this made it worse

15. Noburu

How? The wall/mountains of dirt in the center keep direct cata fire out. You need to take the center. I could make a bedrock wall but that would be no fun either.

Like I said, make me a map then. I dont have the free time currently to put much effort into it.

EDIT: Threw together another map real fast and edited the others to have a bedrock pillar at the top center. I dont think they will go into effect until I restart the server though and I dont want to kick a full server of people.

16. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Got another one, Noburu: Raelian

17. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

[​IMG]

Here's a flattish resources heavy map I made. Hope you like it.

18. Noburu

Turns out we cant ban people from servers at all. Shadlington has to do that and he only does game wide bans (temp and perm). Its a design flaw in the game IMO. I can kick someone for say 99999999 minutes, but I have to be there the same time as them to do it :(

Also I am trying to fix the collapsing bedrock/dirt issues on a couple of the maps.

EDIT:
    Ill throw it into rotation now and we will give it a spin :D

Anything anyone put any effort into will likely work much better than the things Ive thrown together.

19. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

Aside from the extremely thin map with tents in each corner and a large gap in the center, all of the maps were fine in their original state.

If your goal was to avoid "catapults instantly destroying bases", do you understand why adding a floating platform in the center that allows catapults to directly fire down on the enemy base only makes matters worse?

20. Noburu

They should be made out of bedrock now. And hopefully they wont collapse anymore. That thin map was one Geti made :P

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.