1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BUILD 1337 - Back on Track

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

A lot of you whiners are under this assumption that no one was crying about the issues they fixed in the past with this update.
    For instance...a lot of players wanted spikes to be nerfed. A lot of players wanted archers nerfed. A lot of players wanted the vote system to be fixed.

Just because it fucks with how you play and a few people agree with you doesn't at all make for a valid argument against why their updates suck. Majority rules, and there were more people not liking the previous fixes, who were asking to have spikes, archers, etc nerfed than those who were indeed against it. It's shows your intelligence and maturity levels if you only worry about your own playing style(s) above the playing style(s) of the majority.

swagbot likes this.
  2. jadle1

jadle1 Builder Stabber

YES!!! This is the build I've been hoping for. I was so tired of getting cheesed by archers constantly!

3. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

Certainly Archer and boulder is a very good combo but did you try to play with the Boulder Builder?

Be aware that if you nerf an object it will apply for all classes!
    This is precisely why I say "nerf boulder TDM if you wanted, but not in CTF"
    it is also harder to play with a boulder CTF.

You just lost all credibility with this sentence. I do not know you and you do not know me either. Unless what I have heard is true?
    You are DatNob?

Anyway, whatever this now been 3 years since I am in this community and you 1 month? 2 months? 5 months maybe? And you ask a nerve?

Do you know just how much they had people on kag before?
    Do you know what Kag Trophy won before?

Well I'll tell you earlier there were 1,000 people active on kag classic, with several servers 64 seats filled to the max!

Now there are between 100 and 200 people active on kag.

All her why? Because of the constant change of gameplay this game.
    people are rage-quit small group by small group because it has learned each update how to play.

And it really saddens me ... Kag is a game that I love, the developers of this game surely create the game that I appreciate the most in my life and I thank them.

But it really saddens me to see was how the dev are destroying a fantastic game as kag in gameplay changing all the time.

This is not even the fact that nerve simple things that bothers me.

No it's the fact that this game is constantly changing gameplay.

@Geti @MM @Furai

You have not understood what I was trying to say?
    Here is the French version here :down:

Certes L'archer et le boulder est un très bon combo mais avez-vous essayer de jouer en Builder avec le Boulder ?

Sachez qui si vous nerfer un objet cela s'appliquera pour toutes les classes !
    C'est justement pour ça que je dis "nerfer le boulder en TDM si vous voulait, mais pas en CTF"
    il est aussi plus dur de jouer avec un boulder en CTF.

Vous venez de perdre toute crédibilité avec cette phrase. Je ne vous connais pas et vous ne me connaissaient pas non plus. À moins que ce que j'ai entendu est vrai ?
    Vous êtes DatNob ?

Mais bon , peu importe cela fait maintenant 3 ans que je suis dans cette communauté et vous 1 mois ? 2 mois ? 5 mois peut être ? Et vous demandez un nerf ?

Savez vous juste à quel point ils y avait de personnes sur kag auparavant ?
    Savez-vous quel Trophée Kag a gagné auparavant ?

Et bien je vais vous le dire auparavant il y avait 1000 personnes actifs sur kag classic, avec plusieurs servers de 64 places remplie au max !

Maintenant il y a entre 100 et 200 personnes actifs sur kag.

Tous sa pourquoi ? À cause du changement constant de gameplay de ce jeu.
    les gens on rage-quit petit groupe par petit group, car y apprenaient a chaque mise à jour comment jouer.

Et cela me désole vraiment... Kag est un jeu que j'adore, les développeurs de ce jeu ont surement créer le jeu que j'apprécie le plus dans toute ma vie et je leur en remercie.

Mais cela me désole vraiment de voir a quel point les dev sont en train de détruire un jeu fantastique comme kag en changent tout le temps de gameplay.

Ce n'est même pas le fait qui nerf de simple choses qui m'ennuie.

Non c'est le fait que ce jeu change constamment de Gameplay.

AJFaas likes this.
  4. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

I can't be bothered to take this eyesore seriously. Here's a consolation reply instead: omelette au fromage.

5. JiffIez

JiffIez Arsonist

@swagbot
    I'm well aware that the updates require testing but it does not take 4+ months of "testing" to determine if a feature is working out. As far as I've seen, the community has been more or less pretty vocal about what works/doesn't work in less than a month. Also if what DirtySwine saying is true (The extensive testing before a release)....then.....what's the excuse for this repetitive patten I'm seeing? o.o..??? Those who don't learn from their mistakes will keep repeating them over and over again which is to the detriment of both the players and potential sales (theoretically anyway).

6. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

It was a joke I made about his posts..

7. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

Eh, you could manage with shield stunning/stomp and a single slash if you're in an open area, but I imagine taking away the double slash would significantly reduce the pace of gameplay and make it that much harder to kill an archer. Double slashing can be invaluable in bridging the gap between a knight and archer

Take into account the testers and devs have lives outside of testing and the devs have other projects that require attention as well. But really, what's the rush? Four months doesn't seem like a long time for a game to be updated that isn't in need of a patch. Maybe if it took them four months to patch this Mac break... The classes aren't so unbalanced that the update needed to come ASAP lol
    Let him believe bullshit. He obviously feeds himself plenty of it :eek:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  8. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Don't know when you got into this game bud. But they were constantly changing gameplay since day one. The time you mentioned where they had over 1000 players was when they hit a sweet spot where the game being free and the features being pretty awesome attracted a large crowd. Basically around zombies released but not too deep into zombies when we all thought it was still a cool idea. This game would be dead without the developer support mate. The reason why this game is struggling with player numbers is lack of single player, a pretty introverted community, and ultimately shy guys that just play the game solo without making any friends. The friendships made in this game is what kept it running. Definitely not the randy randoms but the dedicated people that come on habitually to play with friends. Hell to this day it is the commitment of the devs to the friends they made in this community that keeps many of us around. Gatu returns because he seriously loves the community made from this game. Even if they are a bunch of shitters. He comes back because they play his game. And he loves this game. So don't fault the devs for trying or for changing the game. Fault the game for not accepting their love. Because the spaghetti code has become too great. And Gatu can only do so much to save what was once his most beloved game. Once upon a time Gatu even cried in front of his computer screen because of the pains that the code had given him. He was like, "why MM? Why did you philosophy and believe in spaghetti code? Why oh why?" Then he became a vegetarian. And slept in the same bed as rayne. Face to face. Then all was good.

tomato.png

Because he gave his spaghetti laden laptop to rayne and with tears of joy rayne said, "my son. Fear not. For I have brought the the answer to all your woes." And that answer was lasagna code. Layer upon layer of spaghetti code was rewritten. Reorganized. Redrafted like a lasagna. Layer upon layer of .as and .cfg files filled the game and became what Gatu could later love again. And this game. This wonderful lasagna of a game is now called. King Arthur's Gatu. With the new love triangle between King Arthur, rayne, and Gatu now firmly solidified Gatu could now rest easy. And yet there came... A bewildered Frenchman. Named Snake19. And with all of his French woes attacked and slandered the lasagna of which Gatu swore his love for. And thus the story will continue another day. As Gatu prepares to once again visit the lasagna which he loves so much and to ask this Frenchman, "u mad?"

ParaLogia, norill, Alaiscool and 13 others like this.
  9. Crunchy_Cat

Crunchy_Cat Builder Stabber

I come back for you guys!!! :teabag:
    Cuz y'all are :gold_mat::gold_mat::gold_mat::gold_mat:

Piles of golden poos but gold nonetheless ;DDDDDDD

10. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

The more you nerf archers, the more I will play it. :heart:

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  11. Saucy-Gibbon

Saucy-Gibbon Ballista Bolt Thrower

I have to grApple with this shite 2
    pls
    @Geti

12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Merry xmas guys.
    It's been a stressful couple of days so I'm not guarding my words as much as I should; apologies for any disrespect.

Sorry if I've missed anyone in there.

@Fellere825 :^)

Re: OSX crashing - I'm well aware, made a blog post and twitter post (-> ingame news feed thing) about it today on the way to a family lunch. We'll try to fix it before new years but it's going to be hard to get anyone together to fix it, so unless it's a trivial change it will be hard to be sure. Tagging me endlessly just generates more noise for me to sift through.

Re: Knight Shield Angles - they aren't back to where they were, its a middle ground from where they were last build to where they were before the angle change. If you want to use an analogy of steps, it's two steps forward, one step back - and the qualitative side of things is obviously up for discussion.

It's actually @norill's code, but honestly I actually agree w/ this sentiment with respect to games. Considering removing all the vote BS from official servers once we have a proper admin force there.

I hope people understand the inflamatory parts of that are due to affiliation with [OCE] :^)
    The spike response part was actually aimed more at snake fwiw, but I am listening to the response.
    I dont think the "builder should have an instakill" argument is particularly sound, they aren't a direct combat class like the others.

PLEASE logs. We thought we'd fixed this once and for all, it's due to the multiple-players-in-one-spot bug. Email to support@kag2d.com as well if you would.

I might pick this apart later. Safe to say I disagree, and the fact that you think I'm "listening to noobs" and that previous balance was perfect is laughable.

We have a team of testers about 20 strong on a good day, but generally only up to ten are available for testing at any one time. Ironically this build has had the most thorough testing of any in the past year or so, but it's also had the most engine-side changing going on and thus more to be worried about.
    The player reactions are mixed no matter what happens, not everyone can be happy with every change, especially when balance is concerned.

13. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

So people with a minority opinion should fuck off and keep quiet? Fuck that, I'll argue my point just as much as any other player. I paid just as much as you (in fact, I probably paid more, I bought this game 4 times).

Implying that finding a game faster than others means you are more qualified to talk about its features.

14. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

That was hilarious to read. No offense intended. :P But I totally agree with the balance changes. But maybe this will be the last balance change on kag. Lets hope so.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 25, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 25, 2014 ---
    @Geti Im curious to know who actually is still actively working on kag. You dont have to name the testers. I always thought it was just you, until recently.

Snake19 likes this.
  15. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

That's a larger team than I suspected. I'm glad to hear that. And I hear you; you can't possibly please everyone. People have been complaining for at least a year though, and loudly. I don't agree with too much of the complaints, but I too, have felt a bit disappointed in certain changes that I thought, at least at the time, weren't very important. It's more of a prioritization thing for me, and I think others might feel the same way. Anyway, it's a delicate balance between holding onto current players by not changing things too much, while at the same time keeping the game fresh enough to keep interest up and attract new players. I've been hoping for some new features for a while, and I'm glad of the recent signs of things happening. I just wish it had happened sooner.

Apart from the unnecessary verbal tone, I agree. I've met this attitude in the communities of several different games. Anyone's opinion is as much worth as any other's, and simply picking the majority can potentially affect a lot of people negatively.

Blue_Tiger, neil58 and kodysch like this.
  16. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Just over 2 years, just stating the facts newfag :rekt: :rekt:

@swagbot is just displaying his opinion, no matter how long he's played KAG he's still a customer, he still played $10 to get the game. Unlike a few other posters here have just been ranting for the sake of ranting about game play changes, which the developers have promised since the last big game-play update (b1315), so you're all getting hyped up for something that you should of known has been coming.

17. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

I had an account before"Snake19" named "Snake" :)

18. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

19. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

Fact: KAG is impossible to balance perfectly. You simply can't balance the game, because the game is completely based on meta. All we can do is get as close to it as possible and call it a day. I respect the developers' decisions and whatever they do, I'm sure eventually we will find a good place to stop all these balance updates.

20. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

experiments experiments experiments experiments

FuzzyBlueBaron and makmoud98 like this.