1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Meme Run.

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Guro, Dec 26, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Guro

Guro SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM

Let's discuss this game.

For the uninformed:

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/NcRAVGZUkZHj_sUecMJO0J46qWNFWDQX

For the extra lazy:

Welp. I'm so disappointed that this game even exists and I really didn't expect this from Nintendo. Such a cringeworthy concept, but I was waiting to see how long it would take for done-to-death meme crap to be monetized. I'm sure there would be rage face shirts and stuff like that but this is a whole new level of tripe.

There's seemingly no intent to sell this game based on gameplay or quality of design, only gimmick-factor. Gimmicks aren't exactly new ground for nintendo with their whole wii motion control wankfest but now they're selling a game based almost solely on xDDDD! factor and trend.

Yes, I am upset.

Share your thoughts

startselect3 and SharkT like this.
  2. SharkT

SharkT Arsonist

Best. Game. Ever.

Asu, J-man2003 and Dahaka24 like this.
  3. you call yourself a moderator?!

moved to games

also its fucking abysmal wholy god

Joiken likes this.
  4. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Err... I really doubt Nintendo made that.

Yeah just checked, it was "Ninja Pig Studios", sounds like a really high quality team. Not sure why it was allowed onto the e-shop, though.

And don't you be raggin' on my nintendo, the wii remote was mind-blowing when I was a kid, and they've always had good stuff. Gimmicks, schmimmiks.

5. FYI Nintendo had to approve it to their online store

6. I'm pretty upset about this... I thought Nintendo actually cared about quality. Guess cash is more important...

7. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

This isn't a Nintendo game, it's just something that you can play on the Wii U. It's a platform people can make and sell games on. There's plenty of terrible shit in the eshop, and there's probably plenty of terrible shit you can get on any console.

Yes, they had to approve this game for the eshop, but I'm pretty sure that just means they made sure it didn't break any rules, not that they checked to make sure it was actually good. Nintendo isn't going to personally look over every single third-party five-dollar game and decide if it's "good enough" for the eshop.

Also, it's a low-price niche humor game. Of course it's terrible. Nobody's going to buy "Meme Run" and expect it to actually have good gameplay. Some people might get a kick out of it anyway.

Auburn, Hawxx and Joiken like this.
  8. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Guro illuminati confirmed, lets 360 noscope hiom whiel hes stille alivw.

dis gam loikiks ssweg thol, imam buiy et.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 28, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 28, 2014 ---
    2true4me m8 8/8 2 dank scrubs be scoped yo I have a lot of sweg points

In all seriousness this game was meant to be a joke, it wasn't supposed to be serious or anything, and it looks fine as far as joke games go.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2014
  9. mr_play

mr_play Catapult Fodder

[​IMG]not bad :thumbs_up:

J-man2003 likes this.
  10. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

nazi approvs spiel of the jahr 1939 confirmd

J-man2003 likes this.
  11. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

[​IMG]not badderr