1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BUILD 1337 - Back on Track

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Dec 23, 2014.

1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Eh. The solution (which has been thrown about a while, but never seems to gain any ground :V) is to make boulder heavier for knight & archer, while leaving it as it is for builders. None of this confusing changes of how objects work between game types; just a single change that would put the specter of archers (and the occasional knight) being obnoxious with boulders forever behind us.

Maybe next year...

kodysch and swagbot like this.
  2. Alpaca

Alpaca Haxor

[modified] Stun from water ammunition now lasts twice as long when used on Arcrave

^you forgot that one

3. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Please fix so that I can play the game on my mac, like NOW!

I am dead now as KAG was my life. Thanks Geti. :QQ:

4. Fact: whatever you do to a game with perfectly symmetrical gameplay, it's destined to be balanced no matter what

5. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Because it was unbalanced >:)
    #trollmodeon

Btw. Im not 100% sure yet but if you change spawn location, spawning time resets again. Gonna test soon. It happened to me once yesterday.

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  6. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

actually I noticed this too but I though it was just me XD now after you said that I am sure that this is another issue in this new update :/

7. Leo

Leo Haxor

I have only listened good words about the new voting box actually.

norill, makmoud98 and Blue_Tiger like this.
  8. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

It's been that way in CTF since forever. They only changed the bug on TTH.

9. Medieval

Medieval Haxor

no, it was fixed in the last update.

10. Dargona1018

Obviously not if others are saying how it wasn't fixed in this update and it wasn't fixed in the previous ones.

11. it was 100% fixed when I played a month or so ago

this build I think I got it once out of all games I've played (which is not many I guess)

FuzzyBlueBaron and RadioActive like this.
  12. Dargona1018

Well, every single time that I try to spawn at my tent when it wants me to spawn at a Ballistae, the respawn timer resets.

13. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

In all honesty, it's obvious the majority's opinions matter more. Else games would not get anywhere if all they did was listen to the few rather than the most.

So of course the majority rule will always count more. Of course you should never stop voicing your opinion in hopes of swaying people, but don't start to think your lowly opinion magically means you're more or as qualified to talk about what should stay or be changed than the majority. Games are not for the few. It's for the majority who play it, and if more vote for something, that is where the direction goes. You don't have to like it, you don't have to shut up, but it won't change anything until the rest, the most, agree with you.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 26, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 26, 2014 ---
    Also I still have that issue, too. If you click to respawn elsewhere, the timer still resets.

14. JediOfTheReich

JediOfTheReich Shark Slayer

1337 build... truly Elite.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 26, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 26, 2014 ---
    Also, when launching from Steam.. I get "Authenticating with Steam" for awhile then the windows doesn't respond :/

EDIT: After a few minutes it works, still a bit unenjoyable ):

15. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I am certainly not more qualified, but I damn well as qualified to talk about it. Don't try to suppress me.

16. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

HelpHelpImBeingRepressed.gif

Seriously though, @Blue_Tiger and @Thiamor, both of you chill and lay off one another. Everyone has an equal right to express themselves just the same as everyone has an equal right to be told they're wrong. You've both engaged in said little dance, so now's the time for each of you to go and tango with different partners. Shoo. :huh?:

Dargona1018, Asu, bru-jaz and 12 others like this.
  17. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Now we just need all these frenchies to start taunting us

startselect3 and Alaiscool like this.
  18. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

there always will be people complaining about stuff and jerks finding the way to spam or turn some round boring.
    But for me, the worst thing devs can do is remove content -tough im not talking about this case in particular -

19. Snake19

Snake19 RIP Staff Alumni Donator
    1. [AG#] - Ancient Gear

I also thought of something.

Its does not concern me, but I think it would be good for developers

Is another person on the staff, which is very active on kag which very well mastered the three classes. Because often people say that a class is too "cheater" for example. But these people have never played this class or very little!
    A person who has many years in this game and who has experience in Clan Wars would be good too.

Yes, because I think if the devs (No offense Guys! ^^) Would think of reducing the damage of spikes before going out officially on kag. There would not have had all these unnecessary trouble.
    That seems logical that a subject that would Instakill necessarily apply to be nerve. Especially the spike that is easy to place and is very fast.

Also, I often feel that the developers listen to new players of this community. New players who seek a nerve ... and are left even before the update'm out.

Correct me if I'm wrong. : 3

Calm down, I respect you, Then respect me.

So, I would have said the same thing.

But there is one thing I do not understand, I write quite long texts where I spend a lot of time to do them. All texts I have written are serious and attendes a serious answer.
    So I'd like to understand why I, in return troll answer / non-serious?

Seriously, I've heard so much the word "French" in this conversation I frankly feel that this community is racist against the French!
    It's not even an impression, because I have already received insults regarding my nationality.
    (What's sad for such a small community ...)

Geti, I quote your message, but I'm not just talking about yourself in everything I just said.

With all my respect,
    Snake

J'ai aussi pensé à quelque chose.

Cela ne me concerne pas, mais je pense que ce serait bien que les développeurs

Est une autre personne dans le staff, qui est très actif sur kag, qui maitrise très bien les trois classes. Car souvent des personnes disent qu'une class est trop "cheater" par exemple . Mais ces personnes n'ont jamais joué cette classe ou très peu !
    Une personne qui a plusieurs années dans ce jeu et qui a de l'expérience en Clan wars seraient bien aussi.

Oui, car je pense que si les devs (Sans vous offenser les Gars ! ^^), auraient penser a réduire les dégats des spikes avant de les sortir officiellement sur kag. Il n'y aurraient pas eu toutes ces embrouilles inutiles.
    Cela me paraît logique qu'une objet qui instakill allait forcément demander d'être nerf. Surtout le spike qui est facile à placer et qui est très rapide.

Aussi, j'ai souvent l'impression que les developpeurs écoutent les nouveaux joueurs de cette communauté. Les nouveaux joueurs qui demandent un nerf ... et qui sont partit avant même que la mise à jour sois sortie.

Corrigez-moi si, je me trompe. : 3

Calmez vous, je vous respecte, then respect me.

Alors, j'aurais dit la même chose.

Mais, il y a une chose que je ne comprends pas, j'écris des textes assez longs où je passe beaucoup de temps à les faire. Tous les textes que j'ai écrits sont sérieux et attendes une réponse sérieuse.
    Alors, j'aimerais comprendre pourquoi j'ai, en retour une réponse troll/non-sérieuse ?

Sérieusement, j'ai tellement entendu le mot "French" dans cette conversation que j'ai franchement l'impression que cette communauté est raciste envers les Français !
    Ce n'est même plus une impression, car j'ai déjà reçu des insultes par rapport à ma nationalité.
    (Ce qui est triste pour une communauté aussi petite...)

Geti, je cite votre message, mais je ne parle pas uniquement de vous dans tout ce que je viens de dire.

Avec tous mon respect,
    Snake

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  20. zerd

zerd Arsonist
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to making the update happen. Especially so close to the holidays.

There is a lot of improvements that is greatly appreciated, but in order to keep the comment short, I will focus on what I would prefer to have seen done differently.

Vote system:
    -I like the decission to go away from buttons. I would like for the keys to be rebindable from within the settings menu however, but I understand that this should not be as simple as it may appear.

-It seems as if the new anti-spam delay for skipping maps is not being reset upon map change.
    This can cause issues since you might not be able to skip a map that is not suited for the player count (or any number of reasons) from the beginning.

Archer changes:
    -I like the new arrow auto pickup limit a lot. It would be cool to be able to set the limit as an integer from the settings menu for this aswell, so you can turn off auto pickup completely or retain the old settings that some people apparently prefer.

-I can still replicate this bug from sandbox singleplayer (so should not be lag related): https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/1239-shooting-arrows.22044/

-Also pretty sure the "jamming" bug is still in effect. Maybe someone else can confirm this?

-I have noticed some weird stuns and hp losses from grappling into the side of things with great speed, might be intentional, might be server related, but figured it's worth mentioning.

Balance rant:
    -This is all balance related so this will just be my oppinion. This can all be done with simple changes in a mod, but given the size of our community, I would just like to voice my oppinion anyway.

-I prefer the game to be focused on rewarding skillful, creative and offensive gameplay.

-I fell in love with this game due to its frantic nature and fast paced action.

-It was sad to see the knight get nerfed in all of these aspects, and to have so many options removed, making the class too slow and predictable for my taste.

-The recent nerf to archer speed while charging has again removed most offensive options and left the class with slow and predictable ones.

-Sure, you can still grapple around and wreck havoc with sharks, saws and pocket-boulders, but those are also pretty overpowered, at least now that everyone has reduced movement options.

-It is like going from melee to brawl. From Quake to CoD. From starcraft to LoL. While some people might prefer the changes, I feel like I am playing a watered down version of my favorite game. (exaggerating my point)

I will probably keep playing this game as long as there is enough people around to get some ctf going with a decent ping.

Regardless of how much better I think the game used to be (around b1180), it is still a fun game and watching towers crumble never gets old.

See ya around, have a great time. ::):

swagbot, RadioActive, Fuzzle and 6 others like this.