1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BUILD 1337 - Back on Track

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Ok. I've noticed that a lot of people complain about archer being too predictable now.

#LEARNTOGRAPPLESTOMPMOTHERFUCKERS2015

Huehue, worth mentioning.

swagbot likes this.
  2. LittleGamer_OG

LittleGamer_OG Catapult Fodder

i reckon that kag should have xp and leveling up makes it more fun.

bru-jaz and Leo like this.
  3. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Please no.

swagbot, Asu and Bint like this.
  4. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

From my point of view, the game being faster and unpredictable as it was some months ago can be real fun, rewarding for the skilled, and a bit more of a great messy multiplayer experience, or much more frustrating due to "broken" knight moves;
    but slowing things down a bit help it to be more balanced, in the sense that knights and archers, though being more predictable now, are actually harder to play better, and less weird things/hits/glitches happen.

What I miss most is that way we could build a base at the mid of a map at classic, and if defended well it could last a whole game. At Release, unless you have some terrain in your favour, anything you build will be destroyed with ease by all kind of explosives.

swagbot likes this.
  5. this logic is flawed itself because you assume that KAG developers try to appeal to the "competitive" playerbase while they actually try to make the vanilla version of the game more enjoyable.

furthermore, you can easily mod the game yourself to actually be better and more suited for competitive gameplay (why this hasn't been done, baffles me greatly)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
    Pizza likes this.
  6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

It's the law of the universe: if they'd not made the game moddable, then people would have bitched about all the things they can't do with it-- but seeing as they have made it moddable no one (comparatively speaking) wants to touch it.

Dargona1018, Stevedog and Joiken like this.
  7. Leo

Leo Haxor

I would prefer the game less moddable and more lag free. Meaning no angel script as basic engine :wink:

Blue_Tiger and Dargona1018 like this.
  8. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Ah, hindsight. The benefit of seeing in 20/20.

I agree with you, but sadly no one foresaw the terrible FPS deops when the new engine was embarked upon. Just consider: in a parallel universe there's a lag-free KAG and Geti is gay.

Oh well, 'tis not for us. Another lifetime, another flip of the quantum dice... :teabag:

9. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

I was one of those who asked for modability. Did I mod much? No, I must admit not. I'm not sure it was just me being lazy though; I think making useful mods for KAG is rather complicated - it could be made even easier and more modular. It's really possible to make some cool stuff though, we've seen examples of that.

I've had some ideas myself, but the amount of time I know I'd have to put into it (I looked at the scripts and all that), and the visual quality I think it deserves, is beyond what I'm willing to spend on it. Even if I did decide to, it would go pretty much unrewarded.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 28, 2014, Original Post Date: Dec 28, 2014 ---
    Balanced teams, yes, but not classes ;)
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 28, 2014 ---
    Sadly, that did happen. I fondly remember the mishaps that occurred with falling trees and saws. All that is just gone now. Not quite you meant, I think, but anyway. Zombie mode was cut though.

10. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Who said the classes had to be balanced? You're free to switch to another class at any time. The classes don't all need to be equally strong and versatile. The only thing this game really needs to be balanced around is fun.

swagbot and Blue_Tiger like this.
  11. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Actually, I find the KAG lib quite complete and easy to use, even though sometimes buggy, and Angelscript is a good way to keep an easy-to-use language powerful. Plus angelscript is quite close to c++ which made developers' job easier. Learning a language only following examples might be hard, in that case learn a C-like language (C++ for example) and then learn Angelscript as there aren't a lot of (goods) tutorials about angelscript afaik.

More and more (as far i can tell, i might be wrong though) people wants to get into modding but might find that hard (@stabborazz for example maybe) first. Maybe some of these wishes to do that kind of tweaks... But yet, right, barely no one did "balancing" mods (iirc skinney started making one and abandonned it)

Getting killed because your class is inferior isn't somewhat very fun I guess?

I think this update is good. This and the previous builds combined balanced the game a good way in my opinion. Only one of each would have unbalanced the game. I could tell the game is right balanced now, and i'm not against slight gameplay changes from now.

12. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Are you implying Geti isn't gay

because according to the conversation I had with his mother last night, you're wrong

13. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

[​IMG]

14. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

What's this thread about?

15. hierbo

hierbo Ballista Bolt Thrower

What's all this, then? I leave for a few months and all of the sudden @Geti goes to an alternate dimension and starts batting for the other team??

Joiken and Auburn like this.
  16. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

You know what might make people a little less peeved about how certain classes are more OP/UP? A system where you can switch out to another class without the need for a tent/shop in order to do so. Of course make it hold functional limitations such as if you switch at a tent or a shop your HP is healed instantly, but during battle/on the field by manually switching with say a certain button, it calculates current damage and carries over/converts the damage done to your current class. This could also quickly speed up game play if you can do so with like 3 buttons, and having it where you keep what is carried per class so you won't have to go back and get it. Sort of like a super extended inventory based on the quick class switch system. It'd allow for more actions without having to run away.

For instance say you're an archer while a knight or two is after you and you've not yet learned how to use the archer properly. You do quick select, and change right then and there to defend yourself, while also whatever you were holding when you were a Knight before being the archer originally, carries over. So you could have bombs, or food.

17. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

>5 knights force themselves through to the front, murdering everyone
    >all turn into builders and suddenly start termiting and destroying all shit

[​IMG]

swagbot, Apronymous, Joiken and 9 others like this.
  18. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Sigh when will the OSX version be fixed. I wanna try this build out -_-

Bint, Verzuvius, Fuzzle and 1 other person like this.
  19. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

That could be one of the limitations where builders can't be accessed unless at the tent/shop.

20. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

put suggestions in the proper thread.