1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BUILD 1337 - Back on Track

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Dec 23, 2014.

1. JiffIez

JiffIez Arsonist

Sooooo just thought I'd let everyone know that currently, specs can receive kill points. I was recently in a match and someone from Blue team changed to spec mode but had laid down some spikes before he did. When a Red ran into the spikes and died, the former Blue player (now a spec) still received a kill point. It appeared as a grey name killing a Red name in the kill feed display up top. I later confirmed the bug with NathanTheMethodical. I laid down a spike as a Blue team member with him also on Blue team (building time). I then switched to spec-mode and had him kill himself with the spike I placed before I switched. Sure enough, I got the kill and it appeared as a grey name killing a Blue name (quite epic I know, killing someone from the ether). I'm not sure if this was intended (probably not) or if it is a new glitch that appeared recently. Either way, I'm too lazy to post about this in a bug report section or anywhere else so feel free to move this post or reply to it or whatever. I cannot supply a screenshot of the incident because when I do a print screen, it gives me a screenshot of my desktop o-o.

101i likes this.
  2. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

time too build trap then go speclord
    gg

8x and hierbo like this.
  3. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

KDR whoring, here I come...

4. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

You could resume that by "You can get a kill for killing someone as a spectator".
    I don't think that's a bug anyways. But this can be removed (including using a mod) easily.

5. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

In a server with a very low population, perhaps. It would normally be too devastating to defenses if the attackers swapped to builder when they reached them. You would have to tweak the game a lot, I think, to make this feasible.

swagbot likes this.
  6. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Ok. 5 archers climb over a huge defensive wall, switch to knight, kill some people using their height advantage, builders claim land. Makes defences pointless, archers can climb because they are useless at claiming land, knights just walk on by.

7. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

8. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

What's the new update about right now, as there is one Right now ._.

9. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

That could be a problem unless something is done to limit all classes that are switched via the quick select in comparison to if they do it the normal way, but I'd not know HOW to limit climbing without making it sort of useless for archers.

10. Bint

Bint Haxor

[​IMG]
    Woopeeeeeeee:heart:

Konoko, EhRa, hierbo and 1 other person like this.
  11. JiffIez

JiffIez Arsonist

@AsuMagic - People who are too lazy to read shouldn't read :O I don't do "TL;DR" thingamabobs too often.

12. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Anyone else having it be where, on every server you go on, you can't start a vote, and no one else on those servers can vote either.

13. Blue_Tiger

You can only start a map vote very 10 minutes now if that's what you mean - goes for the whole server.

14. Dargona1018

Nah, you go to vote, and it says "Can't Vote". I imagine that its seclevs or something, but still.

15. Blue_Tiger

Oh, I think I had that problem on Black Death servers - I assumed they didn't let newly unbanned players vote but maybe it's the same problem.

16. Dargona1018

Nah, wasn't banned, I just imagine that stuff got screwed up with this update.

17. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS!!! AND MERRY EASTER!
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

18. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

BTW, in tdm (mostly) when you get a kill sometimes it will show your name, but not the other person on the death gui. Anybody else having the same thing?

19. LORD_Rifflesten

LORD_Rifflesten Builder Stabber

is it just me or has all the classes been slightly slowed in speed?

LazikLion likes this.
  20. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

The archer's speed has been reduced (while charging arrows), although he does have his grapple allowing him to move around areas faster than all the other classes.

I don't think the other classes movement speed has been reduced though.