1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Don't fucking auto vote yes when people vote to kick please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The-Cub, Sep 28, 2014.

1. zampanothechimera

zampanothechimera Shopkeep Stealer

i abstain all votes i don't care unless i see someone doing it or its a fact
    and darg doesn't jab spam

2. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Yea, I sometimes do that too, but people still dont truly care most of the time, unless its a respectable group of people and not a lot of random public guys. c:

makmoud98 likes this.
  3. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

This is a problem with every game that uses public kicking.
    It all depends on the laziness of people at the time who just want it off their screen :^)

startselect3 and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  4. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I agree, I can't say how many times some noob builder makes something stupid, when I destroy it and tell them why they just start a vote kick against me, and I get kicked out.

This has been happening before the new voting GUI though.

5. zampanothechimera

well you should tell some one that you are or just grief and destroy crap. they probably worked hard on it even if it sucked.

6. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I tell them why it's stupid. and I mean stuff like when I destroy ground doors or random towers that take up space but no it has to be exactly like they build it and then they kick me for no good reason...

7. ieatpieandlikepie

ieatpieandlikepie Drill Rusher

but then what should we do? The buttons interfere with us playing the game, so we dont exactly know which button to press to get that stupid button out of the way

8. Dargona1018

I personally think that they screw it up, making it be where you can ONLY press O or P (which I think was the case, last time I checked) for it, as those two keys are waaaaay outta reach..

9. zampanothechimera

dont tell us the buttons and have us hit random buttons until something happens so when it comes up to kick someone its up to the buttons to decide their fate.

10. Pharphis

Pharphis Tree Planter

Wait until you have a moment to look at the keyboard if you have to...
    or just slide to the right hitting keys if you want to hit "o" and slight to the left (from backslash) if you want to hit "p"

11. zampanothechimera

that. that made the most sense to me.
    but don't hit f7 >f12 it will mess up your game

12. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Just wait till your safe then quickly press O or P, not hard for me.

13. Dargona1018

Only a couple people responded, and it wasn't in a new thread, so . . .
    It's just that, like, R and T, or Z and X, something like that, so you can easily get to it, not sliding your hand across the keyboard.
    Yea, that's true, its just that you usually have 30 seconds in combat, probably more, so you will most likely miss the combat.

14. zampanothechimera

what if you just let us decide and make it a keybind instead of a set thing just put it in the options and the steam players or game recorders have their set keys and it would interfere.
    what if someone had f12 to screenshot and o or p to record or screenshot.
    and if you set a letter to a screenshot even in chat everytime you hit that button it would take a screenshot

15. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I've found this to be an issue twice now: hitting the wrong key. :(

Maybe have them not right next to each other? Even just P and K would separate them enough that I'm not accidentally mashing the wrong key int he middle of a heated combat.

norill likes this.
  16. how about Z and C? i'd like to have more opinions to avoid changing it back and forth a million times

17. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

On french keyboards Z might be used for jumping and these two are quite far away
    Code:
    AZERTYUIOP
    QSDFGHJKLM
    WXCVBN

18. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

O and P are fine. Combat doesn't last long, you'll have at least a second or so to take your hand off your mouse and push O or P. Z and X are way too close and I'll hit these by accident and kick myself most likely.

J-man2003 likes this.
  19. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I honestly don't mind whether the keys are far away from WSAD (bc I'd generally use my mouse hand to poke said vote key), just that they're not next to one another.
    AsuMagic raises a good point though, that whatever is picked needs to work on standard keyboard arrangements across the more common languages to have their own letter layout (don't know what those are though.. :L).