1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KEG Money Transfer

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by selective47, Jan 1, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. selective47

selective47 Catapult Fodder

I am a person to save a money for a keg, then leave it there for another person to use it, as I am too scared to stuff it up for the team.
    But wouldn't it be nice if the owner (The person who bought the keg) receieves 10-30% of the money earned from the explosion of the KEG (only allied destruction).
    Say for example, if an ally picked up your keg and kills 5 enemies from the explosion and earns 200 Gold, what if 50-60 or so gold transfered to your money deposits?
    Just an idea I had. :/

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  2. swagbot

swagbot Shopkeep Stealer

I think this is a great idea. It would encourage players to buy items for their team mates, particularly builders.

startselect3 likes this.
  3. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

The idea has been knocking about on these forums one way or another in the form of earning coins for general kill assists beyond just kegs.

https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/assists.16627/

But mainly on the act of purchasing supplies for others, I enjoy the idea of players being rewarded for such teamwork related actions. Sounds like a cool idea ::):

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  4. selective47

Thanks for the response guys, Im glad you guys like the idea! :D

5. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

yeah, this idea is really really good, it would also be nice if you spent money towards things like bombs, bomb arrows, fire arrows, etc. and you got money for it. back a long time ago on blackdeath servers i would love to buy bombs for my teamates to help them out, and this idea would
    encourage teamwork like that a lot more.

6. wilpin7

wilpin7 Lewd~ Donator
    1. KAG Competitive League

Best idea since Doritos taco shells. I could easily see how this would work, you have builders who currently just build and don't buy anything for their poor little teammates now buying stuff so they can get some money back ... and buy more stuff? Or some knights who buy a keg and leaves it there, but some steals it and uses it in a completely stupid way ... well at least that knight gets some money back for his stolen keg.

7. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

It's sad how much money is left unused because players don't think about buying stuff for their teammates. Rewarding it sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure it's going to encourage people to do it (you'll have to learn about it; it doesn't explain itself).

8. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Or... (as I don't like the idea, why would it just be for KEGs!? What about boulders, regular bombs, bad placed mines, bomb arrows, fire arrows, a water arrow which knocks out an enemy over a cliff, bomb arrows, water bombs which knocks (...), corpses(?), bomb arrows, REGULAR ARROWS!?, spikes (as another builder maybe gave you the stone so you could place the spike from), anything else that a builder can kill with, bomb arrows, bomb arrows and... yes! you guess right! BOMB ARROWS!!!??? (no bomb arrow fetish, please).

And what about burgers and bomb arrows? Will a burger heal you just one heart if another one uses it?

Have you ever noticed those coins which some players drop after being killed (the amount of coins depends on how much gold that player had in it's own pocket)? And when you walk at those coins you get like 1 more gold? This feature could be improved somehow. I got some ideas.

When a enemy gets killed it drops some gold (5-20?) based on how much gold it had when it got killed. The gold dropped this way is not available for the enemy and all team members can take this (no split here). And just to make this clear, if one of your team members take the gold it is still available for the rest of the team to take. (Or... only team members who actually dealt damage/used water to the enemy who got killed get some gold.)

If this would be added, the gold you get from the kill itself should be reduced or even removed.

Archers should get more gold for dealing damage as they have less chance to actually get to the dead body with the gold.

This would also encourage people to stick together as they can get more gold of it and some other reasons too.

Yeye, I hope you've understand! Sorry for bad English and bad explanation or something like that.

and a random "GG"

selective47 and SirDangalang like this.
  9. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Did not think about the implications you brought up. Like you say the question is what items would you not count, and the answer seems to be it's either an all or nothing thing.

Let's say we narrow downed the list to consumable items that only inflict damage and are associated with knights and archers (Excluding regular arrows). By rewarding the purchasing of items like kegs and bomb arrows, you conversely discourage the purchasing of items like water arrows/bombs, fire arrows and burgers which in their own right give equally valuable fighting advantages and team support jazz.
    = 20 unused kegs sitting in a base cause KAG players be shareholders now son for that dividend assist kill gold :smug::eek:

What about a catapult or ballista earning gold for the builder who bought it? Definitely abusable, but take it off the list and it is now discouraged for people to purchase even if it provides other advantages such as launching players or acting as a spawn point.

Perhaps a direct assist system that's not attached to item sharing may be more balanced and less game warping as mentioned in other threads and by Verz. ::(:

People got any other ideas how this could be a thing though?

Still spamming you all with burgers. Can't stop the burger love train. :heart::food::heart::food::heart:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    selective47 likes this.
  10. selective47

I understand what you are trying to imply, I think when you kill an enemy you get enough gold, it doesn't really matter about the little coins they drop, but anyway yeah it doesnt really need to apply to only the keg, I just thought that the keg did the most damage in terms of blocks and cost.
    Our ideas all revolve around the same base, that being KAG should be more generous in the owner of the items being bought.
    Bomb arrows and burgers are irrelevant to me as in game everyone buys them commonly, unlike kegs that do catastrophic damage to ones base.
    Once again thank you for all the responses and likes! :D

11. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

First off: Bomb arrows irrelevant!? I use them ALL THE TIME. Learn to play as archer (actually don't, I hate nub archers that just camp or are running around and doing nothing).

Why would this be added to KEG? Actually, I've experienced that KEGs often kills more team members than enemies (would the buyer also lose gold from the team kills!?) and KEGs are made for destruction not getting kills.

12. selective47

As I stated in my original post money earned are from destruction of enemy blocks and players, not allies, and i said Bomb archers are irrelevant because there too cheap and there is not point applying the 20-30% rule on 1 death as bomb arrows cant kill as many compared to what the KEG can do.
    "Learn to play as archer" - What? This has got nothing to do with skill...
    And I did not mention that it can only be applied to the KEG, it can be applied to any item that does damage...

13. kaggit

kaggit Bison Rider

Assist kills would be so good. I mean 2 peeps help each other kill someone for example, knight slashes another knight once then an archer comes along and shotty shoots the knight before he kills the archer's teammate. both archer and knight should be rewarded for teamwork.

This shouldn't be added to TDM tho. even tho it's TDM not DM some people like to have a fair 1v1.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    blackjoker77777 likes this.
Mods: Rainbows