1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Most annoying things in KAG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mcrifel, Nov 7, 2014.

?

which one is the worst?

1. Saw teamkills

52 vote(s)
    51.0%
  2. Archers using mounted bow

5 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. kegs fired by catapults

8 vote(s)
    7.8%
  4. Stupid people that create stupid threads such as annoying things in KAG

22 vote(s)
    21.6%
  5. Other

15 vote(s)
    14.7%
  1. MeAtItzFinest

MeAtItzFinest Horde Gibber

People hate me cause my name is Nub Scythor and i end up wrecking them

J-man2003 and PUNK123 like this.
  2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

your also a VERY annoying mouse

3. MeAtItzFinest

Well... ... ... ... I don't know how to respond to that. Um.. thx? :D

4. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

you're*

5. MeAtItzFinest

Punk be med

6. PUNK123

Well I hate grammar Nazis as well thanks for reminding me anyway lets stop the random 1 word posts before warnings get handed out by mods

Asu and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  7. Blue_Tiger

Rude. I was trying to help you ;(.

unruly_boss likes this.
  8. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Then do it via PM, or his profile, or at the very least make it a side comment within a more substantive on-topic post.

Next off-topic gets a warning. :huh?:

9. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Mods are so annoying.

;^)

10. orange_otter_01

orange_otter_01 Ballista Bolt Thrower

im not hated :D people like me for a change
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 7, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 7, 2015 ---
    well ye but what if a player is the most annoying thing in kag, i mean, to you

11. wilpin7

wilpin7 Lewd~ Donator
    1. KAG Competitive League

Archers are the most annoying thing, whatever they do.

I wrote a huge list of things I hate about them, but my page crashed and I got pissed.

12. unruly_boss

unruly_boss Catapult Fodder

Archers fault!

13. him

him Shipwright

Saw teamkills from far...
    I'm always getting kicked because of that. People do not watch where they put their feet, lose all their resources and they blame it on you. The most boring thing this game. In addition, a saw is very expensive and no one ever wants to build another one.

Second .... which is really frustrating is the speed of the movements that are imprecise when you try to escape.

Difficulty of building traps due to lack of resources on the maps. There is never enough stones. Blocks are too expensive (Spikes... trap block... stones door...). It is really difficult to build traps before the rush. It is impossible to build a correct tower, the knights fly over, destroy all the shops, and you have to start all over ...

Kegs destroy everything and are really frustrating. It is easier to buy 3kegs than to build a simple wall in stones.

Builders are too vulnerable. Even with 3 hearts, a knight kill him in one shot. It does not make sense. Knights are too strong in comparison. An archer bomb is not even able to kill one builder or one knight... only 0.5 heart....

I still do not see the point of buying a drill. 100 stones for that... Unusable after 3 seconds and can kill you. I do not understand why this item exists ... nobody uses it. Same for water buckets. I have never seen a builder using it in order to extinguish a fire. It can not immobilize enemies with the splash... so I don't use it.

14. PUNK123

the drill used to be used by knights after they killed EVERYONE on the opposing to level their towers and structures personally I think that the drill should only heat up when mining stone ore so builders can have a more destructible feature and a slight defense against knights that is jus theirs

15. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Buckets can be slightly useful, though your right

16. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

I just hate retarded team mates that:
    steal my saw
    steal my boulder
    use kegs wrong
    destroy your traps since they think their idea is better (JUST BUILD NEXT TO IT)
    and the list will go on forever.

J-man2003 likes this.
  17. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

@him

>Saw teamkills
    >>You'll need to learn how to place/use them in such a way as prevents hapless fools from falling in. It's not hard.

>the speed of the movements that are imprecise when you try to escape
    >>Yep. But it happens less the more practiced you get at moving around. Only thing that really catches me out these days is getting stuck on the corner of a block; everything else is avoidable.

>lack of resources on the maps. There is never enough stones. Blocks are too expensive
    >>Most maps are designed with a fairly limited amount of stone simply to help cut back on people spamming stone towers everywhere as a means of stale-mating the game. Srsly, on high stone maps the matches can go for hours. :potato:

>It is really difficult to build traps before the rush.
    >>Yes and no. If you have to build traps and the rest of the base, then sure. But you really shouldn't be the only one on your team building frantically.

>It is impossible to build a correct tower, the knights fly over, destroy all the shops, and you have to start all over...
    >>Several things you can do include: 1) building towers with knight/archer "catchers" to prevent the slippery buggers from getting over; 2) making sure there are no easy "launching sites" near your towers for knights to bombjump off-of; 3) enclose ALL your shops during building time. This should always be done as it will prevent 90-95% of shop-wreckage.

>Kegs destroy everything and are really frustrating. It is easier to buy 3kegs than to build a simple wall in stones.
    >>Believe me, if kegs were any less powerful then you'd see a lot more (boring) stalemates. Strong offensive options is a necessity in KAG.

>Builders are too vulnerable. Even with 3 hearts, a knight kill him in one shot. It does not make sense. Knights are too strong in comparison. An archer bomb is not even able to kill one builder or one knight... only 0.5 heart....
    >> Builders are squishy bc they are not a combat class. In fact, during the alpha of this game builders were much better at surviving combat then they are now--- and as a result it was bloody impossible to stop a skilled builder. Like literally impossible. Ask some of the old-fags about @Strathos.

>>Also, bomb-arrows are intended for use on buildings, not players. Yes, knight bombs are more versatile, but to be fair they are also a lot less effective against compared to bomb arrows.

>I still do not see the point of buying a drill. 100 stones for that... Unusable after 3 seconds and can kill you. I do not understand why this item exists ... nobody uses it.
    >>You raise an interesting point. Drills recently became a "builder only" tool; whereas before they could be used by any class and (as a result) were very OP. Perhaps, now that drills are restricted to builders, it might be worth raising their effectiveness again.

>Same for water buckets. I have never seen a builder using it in order to extinguish a fire. It can not immobilize enemies with the splash... so I don't use it.
    >>They used to immobilise people with their spashes; however it was liberally abused and most games became an unfun stun-fest as every second person was using one. Very lame.

18. noname42

noname42 Shipwright

I like to use things almost nobody else uses (like:water_bomb: and :boulder:) because that way you can supprise even the most skilled players and I enjoy it to find new strategys.
    I would like to see more "useless" stuff ::D:

19. Blue_Tiger

I was so excited to make a post... then I saw @FuzzyBlueBaron already did it ;(.

Well, just to elaborate:

Push e on your saw to turn it off - if it's not in a trap or chopping trees, it's best to leave it off. I can't stand it when people leave saws in our base (a place where I'm meant to just hold W and D/A and feel safe to get to my destination) that kill me put of no where.

Knights can't one hit builders, not without gravity or bombs. If a knight is above you, you can see him. Run or put blocks above yourself. If he's lit a bomb, run to safety or try to dodge it. Generally, though, as builder you will need team assistance to take care of knights and that's why the builder is so squishy.

If you want to rek a builder in a 1v1 as archer, don't use bomb arrows. Use a water arrow, get to him/her and then stomp and shoot spam arrows and he's be dead pretty quick. Only shoot bomb arrows at enemies in special cases: you're just about to die, better use them so the enemy can't - they have the flag, fire everything you got!

Drills are pretty useless, yeah, but if you get in a water map, get the water into a tunnel on the bottom block only, you can drill through stone very very quick. If you didn't know, water cools the drill so you can use it forever, but of you only have your feet in water, you can still breathe :).

Just remember this is a team game focused on capturing the flag, not getting lots of kills playing solo.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 17, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 17, 2015 ---
    Nobody uses those items because they are overpowered and everyone votekicks people who use boulders to one-hit players with no skill or use water bombs to freeze opponents and then immediately destroy them. Difference between water bombs and water arrows is that water arrows require a team mate that knows what you're gonna do, and an enemy that doesn't.

20. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

Except in the TDM map with the shops in a floating island below the "fighting" zone, where only the archers or skilled knights can get there, archers buy water arrows, camp there, waiting for another archer to come down and stun him making him fall to the void ... i hate those guys.