1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

osu!

Discussion in 'Other games' started by Yagger, Oct 2, 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

[​IMG]

http://osu.ppy.sh/p/download

THE VIDYA GAME ABOUT PLAYING VIDYA NOTES IN A VIDYA BEATMAP.

THERE'S ALSO A MULTIPLAYER WHERE YOU CAN SHOW YOUR FRIENDS HOW MUCH THEY'RE CASUALS:

osu! is primarily played using a mouse to click 'beats' displayed on-screen in time with the music. This is analogous to tapping the beats on the Nintendo DS screen with a stylus. At the top of the screen, a health bar is present, which is constantly drained. If the player hits or clears a beat, the health meter at the top of the screen fills slightly. If he misses a beat, a large part of the meter is drained, and if it gets completely empty, he fails the song. There are three types of beats in the game: Hit circles, sliders and spinners. Every time the player hits a hit circle or an end circle, touch a slider tick, or clear a spinner, the combo is raised by 1. If he misses any of the above, the combo is reset back to 0.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    HIT CIRCLES - TAP TO YOUR HEART, QUEER
    [​IMG]

SLIDERS - HOLD AND DRAG, EASY PEASY LEMON JAYZ
    [​IMG]

SPINNERS - HOLD AND SPIN LIKE A CRAZY NIGGA
    [​IMG]

Where you can get your different music; ranges from animu to rock to techno (YOU CAN ALSO MAKE YOUR OWN TO PUT ON THE WEBSITE) : http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist

joshua12131415, Hawxx and 101i like this.
  2. DatNobby

DatNobby Haxor

i ragequit into the transition from normal to hard maps to never return

3. Haste

Haste Bison Rider

4. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

FTFY

Yagger and DatNobby like this.
  5. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I know @Nighthawk lives and breathes this game. I for one just prefer to play actual instruments than playing rhythm games all day.

joshua12131415 and J-man2003 like this.
  6. Yagger

i can play both :^)

7. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I'm an osu!mania purist, though. I absolutely suck at default osu! and don't play it.

Also, I don't "live and breathe" the game. I've just enjoy it a lot and have made it past pleb tier.

8. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Another osu!mania purist here! I use to "live and breathe" the game though have slowed down, I am only sticking with 4k even though it's bad to only play one key mode... Haven't played in a while because finger cramps and shit, need to play more since my friend has played about a month and is nearly as good as me while I took like 2 months to get to the level I am...

9. Yagger

You're only real jf you're #200k and under (let's play regular Osu one of these times m8s)

10. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I ONLY play 7 keys, no matter the difficulty, so I'm guilty of only playing one mode, too.

Feel free to add me, on osu btw - I'm "Ignitehawk"

11. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Got a whole group I play osu with. Great game!!! Expecially playing a my little pony beat map with guys xD

Calindrus likes this.
  12. I've played this on my Iphone.... It more harder than flappy bird!!!

13. >played
    >badness
    >ragequit
    >got back to regular instruments

14. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

I'd say I'm quite good, well on osu!mania not standard osu!, recently jumped quite a few ranks and I'm now in the top #200 in the UK! Feels good man, you can probably see my stuff in my sig anyway.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 9, 2015, Original Post Date: Dec 31, 2014 ---
    Here's a replay of the hardest map I've managed to get an A on.

Yagger likes this.
  15. Yagger

most recent song i tried out for my second try; i dont have skins / videos enabled, so it's annoying watching it

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
    Hawxx likes this.
  16. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Added, just check my sig for my username.

Also @Yagger what way do you play in terms of standard osu! ? Looks like keyboard and mouse to me; also noticed that you singletap for streams, that's generally considered much more harder than using both keyboard keys.

17. wilpin7

wilpin7 Lewd~ Donator
    1. KAG Competitive League

Oh, I love this game, really don't know how I managed to miss this thread though. I don't play a lot recently but I tried getting into it.

18. Yagger

tablet + x / z. i'm just a scrub.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 18, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 10, 2015 ---
    oy m8s, update bump.

hit #98K in global OSU rank
    https://osu.ppy.sh/u/4551926

Hawxx likes this.
  19. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Not sure if I said but I play osu! standard now, see you online quite a lot too, we should play some day.

EDIT: I play mouse + z / x. I play on the highest sensitivity because the amount of times I get fucked over by slow sensitivity was way too much so I forced myself to get used to the highest and it paid off, also a month or so a go I could suddenly read AR 7 maps and higher for no reason lmao

Yagger likes this.
  20. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

Mods: BlueLuigi