1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Gather is back!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cameron, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Well maps for gather, are afaik generated by kaggen. That means it's absolutely random.
    Well essentially kaggen generates three basic types of maps, kinda A-shaped, V-shaped, and flat.
    Obviously the V-shaped maps are the most stalemate inducing ones, simply because every team has the high ground when defending, which is very beneficial in KAG combat.
    And, vice versa, A-shaped maps are the very unbalanced ones, on which a match ends in 3-6 minutes (because the team that gets the hill basically already won).
    Well so one could think that flat maps are the perfect golden ratio... But it doesn't work. Maps that are flat are often causing stalemate too, or are just plain boring.
    And that my friends is why we need the glorious race of mapmakers, people with human, abstractively thinking brilliant minds, who can predict what an element they add to the map will cause. And use them so that the map is both fun to play and balanced.

Noburu likes this.
  2. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

I know.

3. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Spent ten minutes where not a single heart of damage was done, the defending team was mainly archers plinking arrows off from behind one way platforms and the offending was basically defending too since they were just sat there behind a hill doing nothing.
    2/10 would not recommend

AmestriStephen, Rayne and PUNK123 like this.
  4. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

I was there aswell(I was on the other team)everyone on my team got upset when I went forward(maybe because of deaths)and yea that match was very slow but not all gather ones are......

5. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

You have to tell your team that you're just baiting them, they will understand

I've seen way worse matches than that one, though. It's still pretty fun.

6. StarskyGianni

StarskyGianni Shipwright

Really cool games guys! I hope I will never play on the US server again ::D:

@8x you're the most annoying builder of KAG
    Killatron 2.0

killatron46 and 101i like this.
  7. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

@8x is [YB], and [YB] are the best at everything:kamina:

8. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

This actually makes me want to get good at King Arthur's Gold Beta. I played a few games on the gather and I'm quite bad at beta, so you don't have to worry about me yet.

Keep up the great work cam! ::):

101i and StarskyGianni like this.
  9. StarskyGianni

StarskyGianni Shipwright

Even if you're bad at this game, you can join the Gather and the Mumble to have a good laugh with nice guys of that community. ::D:

It makes that Gather thing really addictive, as addictive as the KAG Classic Gather. (I played 3 games yesterday... from 7pm to 10:30pm)

FuzzyBlueBaron and Gurin like this.
  10. TeQaS

TeQaS Haxor

11. StarskyGianni

StarskyGianni Shipwright

Do you think it is easy? Cameron is working on KAG Gather for many months, he deserves a green name for his good work. The actual Gather system is amazing, and I believe you didn't even play a game on it...

12. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Also, keep in mind, the gather.splittingred site was made by splittingred and kalikst. Both of them have kind of dropped off the face of the forums and I'm not sure anyone else has access to the site itself. The statistics tracker also gave a lot of opportunity for Epeen. (Mostly from me the old gather thread).

I agree, the Gather on the beta is just as addictive as it was on classic, its just something that comes with more strategic game play. It also comes without the butthurt from losing. (When you lose a clan war it hurts your clan rep and your relationship with your mates, and sometimes the enemy team too).

Last edited: Jan 11, 2015
  13. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Heyhey, I don't think @TeQaS was being a dick about it, he was just wondering if the old website could be updated; no need to get all huffy in response.

Ofc, it would be fantastic if a new website could be set up, but even without it Gather is still teh bomb.

StarskyGianni and PUNK123 like this.
  14. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

Best KAG matches I've ever played have been here. I'm extremely addicted to gather already.
    Very interesting how different the matches are whenever different people play. I really can't wait till more of you try it out.
    If you like teamwork in this is the place to play. Also nearly all of us have been using mumble which really just makes it all twice as good.

Potatobird, PUNK123 and Joiken like this.
  15. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

A fun modded server, but when someone threatens to make mumble mandatory if you refuse to tell them why you don't want to mumble(I have my reasons) it rlly isn't worth dealing with it

16. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

I think you misunderstood the situation, I'll try to clear somethings up in a pm for you. :wink:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
    FuzzyBlueBaron, 101i and PUNK123 like this.
  17. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

if you pay the domain and the website hosting i'll make the site

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  18. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

I haven't had this much fun since 9/11

19. Noctambula

Noctambula Catapult Fodder

I'd love to play it that way, thank you.

Oh, and how could i see the How to play thread? it says i don't have permission ::(:

20. Sky_Captain_Bjorn

Sky_Captain_Bjorn Bison Rider

Go to groups ( right next to resources on the top bar), then find the KAG gather group, click it and then in the top right corner of that page there should be a "join social forum" button

Noctambula likes this.