1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1239] Ideas on building time - ClanWars

Discussion in 'Builder' started by 8x, Nov 10, 2014.

1. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

@Dargona1018 - offensive or not, off-topic is still off-topic. I've deleted all off-topic posts in this thread, and would take it as a kindness if people restrained themselves in future.

2. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I have an easy trap design that you can put out through the front area of a tower

:castle::spikes: trapdoor here :spikes:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:

and just repeat that pattern, yeah

3. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Yea, that's actually not bad. Friendlies will walk atop them, and if the trapblocks are destroyed, the spikes would be gone before that.

4. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I think I saw someone else do it and I was like "well what the crap, imam use that design."

5. Naeght

Naeght Shark Slayer

Sup, im not really active in the community, but i focus my building style on defenses that also take into consideration team deployment and freedom of full 2d movement.
    I have a strong objection against suggestion three, i always hated how defense ladders:
    1)Slow your movement.
    2)Are easily destroyed and not quickly replaced in an enemy infiltration.
    3)They can also be used by enemys to escape.

So, i've been devicing a resource cheap way to consider all that, and have easy and well defended access to roofs.
    I've figured this out (too lazy to re do it on kag):
    upload_2015-1-20_0-49-31.png

Taking your own building, just adding 1 line each of stone wall and backwall, and placing two doors you have a great corridor for a knight to rush in (purple line), and a difficult to attack wooden door, since they have to wall run to reach it.
    You can also place some cheap wooden plataform for roof on top of the exit (Red circle area) so the knights have secure footing before attacking and are safe form enemys attacks, atleast for a while.
    And the green thing you guys build i think is archer defense?, wich, when you have quick deployment to all your roofs, isn't really necesary, so cyou dont really need to build that if you cant spare the wood.

Once i started using it, i realized they also work to stop enemys from leaving your base. Not only great for when they capture the flag trough the unreinforced backwall (watch them wallrun again and again and again until someone kills them), but it limits the enemy movement options, wich is always great. You can place it for as cheap as 120, 180 stone if you know how to use wood correctly, 250 maybe if only stone.

Attached Files:

J-man2003, Dargona1018 and kittycity like this.
  6. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

A quick bit on the op. The ladders in your shops (bottom floor) slow your team down and prevent knights from surfing to stun enemies at the doors. They're unnecessary.

Also if you we're to have a tunnel I would recommend placing it under the storage and knight shops.

2015-01-20_00002.jpg

The saw is low enough that if a keg comes through it won't damage your other shops and the only exposed shops are non dangerous ones.

Also a note for others, you can create a tent in sandbox by creating a test state (press the "home" key and type /sv_test1) and then typing !tent into the chat. It can be used to get mats and other stuff too (correct me if I'm wrong with the commands).

Where you place your tree farm is largely map dependant.

7. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

That thing is completely destroyed with one fire arrow

8. tru0067

All the doors, platforms and most of the shops have stone backwall which prevent it from spreading to the other shops. If you look closely you can see that no single shop can set fire to another shop. The storage doesn't burn, the quarters and builders workshop have no wood attaching it to another burnable shop (unless it spreads through stone back-walled wooden doors which I have not tested). The knight shop has stone back-wall bordering on all the wood blocks. The platforms are stone back-walled. Essentially to burn anything you need to hit the wood block between the archer and knight workshops, and that will only burn the archer shop.

On a side note the door between the quarters and archer shop should be one block down, as that prevents a single bomb on the ground destroying both of them.

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Do note, however, that fire occasionally spreads diagonally and, more commonly, via wooden doors (even if they are backwalled with stone). You really need a solid boarder of stone backwall around anything wooden or you risk catastrophe.

J-man2003 likes this.
  10. tru0067

Fire physics are so messed up. Just back-wall all the shops with stone and it should be good.