1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

BUILD 1373 - Tidying Up

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Adrianza

Adrianza Shark Slayer
    1. Zen Laboratories

That could be a awesome idea

2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

that would be a slap to the face of every donator(who threw out the 200 dollars)and overall just douchey

3. Adrianza

Adrianza Shark Slayer
    1. Zen Laboratories

We really "donate" for get something? i mean for something is donate :B):

4. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Not only that but the quality of the hheads would decrease. There are a lot of good Blow heads but plenty of bad ones as well
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 22, 2015 ---
    The way @Duke_Jordan and I look at it is it's like a Kickstarter kind if thing

norill and PUNK123 like this.
  5. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

You didn't donate to get a head, you purchased one. Donating implies you were willing to give the $200 to the developers and receive nothing.

Verzuvius, hierbo and TheDirtySwine like this.
  6. hierbo

hierbo Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

You misunderstand. I meant they roll the FUNCTIONALITY of Skinney's mod in, not the assets themselves.

7. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I guess that's just the term everyone uses to feel more comfortable about spending that much money on 16x16 pixels.

8. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

If I "donated" to a politician and then miraculously my father's 10 year sentence was suspended by that same politician a week later, I think we all can agree that was not in fact a 'donation'.

9. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Old bugs, nothing new. But it's good that you remind the devs. I think the most of the bugs will disappear if you just restart the game. :smug::thumbs_up:

10. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Wow thankyou for opening up all our eyes on this travesty klok. How dare theses people throw their money at a game in exchange for a pixelhead if only we could throw them in jail for bribery like we would that politician and the briber........

11. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Nothing but semantics. Many businesses use the term "donations" when selling stuff so that if there is any legality involved, it is okay since they are legally giving the money away and the devs just so happen to give something back as a reward. No legal purchases were made in regards to the donation-side of things. Regardless of what they intended, legally it's not a purchase.

That is how a lot of businesses can sell beer. It's a legal loophole.

101i and hierbo like this.
  12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: donation - Thiamor is right that we insist on the term donation to make sure there's no legal issues and to prevent people thinking they can "purchase" a hat for $200 indefinitely. We're not planning on adding more slots.
    Re: "well if I gave $200 i'm sure you would" - KAG's sales are more than that each day, the money isn't what was/is compelling for us. We wanted a way to give something back for long term support and big donations, but it's kind of spiralled into something people expect/some sort of weird obligation. I'm honestly quite glad we're out of slots, as it's both a milestone in terms of support and means we don't have to handle adding more of them, haha.

Re: 1373 bugs, flying etc - if you have leads on any patterns you've noticed with this please let us know. A lot of them seem to be fixed by a restart which isn't particularly helpful :/

Noburu and 101i like this.
  13. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

If you end up somehow being able to give out more slots, it shouldn't ever be something you can buy your way into anymore. It should really be for members who have contributed a lot in the game, or forums, or whatever you think contribution might stand for. That is why my dad never let's people pay bills if they have to stay with him. Because they start thinking they have a say, or are entitled to something. He'll make them contribute work, but money never is exchanged.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 23, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 23, 2015 ---

Also Geti, question. How possible would it be, to configure kag to work for consoles and to have it sold via PSN/Live? Right now that's a far off question given the bugs and such you have to contend with, but I'd imagine if it were possible, you'd get a lot more money and members flooding in.

14. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Re: Not being able to buy into it - we're just not planning on having more slots, but yes that was the original intent.

Re: Console port: Not feasible + we have no intention to port. We'd seriously much rather work on other games rather that endlessly port + maintain kag.

SirDangalang likes this.
  15. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

It'd probably cost you a pretty penny as well, to port it over, and I assume there'd be licensing fee's, etc involved.

16. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

[​IMG]

plz let it not be true

17. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

I've noticed that the mini-map is removed.

blackjoker77777 and Klokinator like this.
  18. chrabeusz

chrabeusz Bison Rider

Minimap key doesn't work, you can still enable/disable it in autoconfig.cfg file.

19. Fellere825

Fellere825 KAG Guard Tester

Hey Gatu if I shipped you a bunch of non vegetarian goods and you so happen to not become a vegetarian anymore because of my good will can I get something cool?

Sir_Walter, Verzuvius, Noburu and 3 others like this.
  20. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

I hate how buggy this build is. Ever since it came out I have issues with doors not opening or closing at crucial moments, builders not selecting blocks or inventory, no way to disable the map, players moving through the red zone during build time, flying archers and more

an incredibly frustrating experience