1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Line of sight in order to capture a siege engine (and no spawns while capping)

Discussion in 'Balance' started by Potatobird, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Trying to capture siege is pretty ridiculous right now. Not only do you have to deal with invincible people spawning on top of you while you try to capture it, if there's a builder in some unreachable bunker anywhere nearby, you're not able to cap it at all.

You should need to have line of sight or raycast or whatever to your siege engine to be able to stop its capture, and nobody should spawn at a ballista if it's currently being captured. (If this sounds too extreme, maybe people could still spawn at a ballista being captured, but without invincibility.)

J-man2003, Tern, Dargona1018 and 7 others like this.
  2. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Ballistas and jabs are the only major things that could be fixed about this game. Ballistas being impossible to cap unless you get lucky is frustrating. I also did a test on jabs and I was able to jab farther than I could slash (I tested this on a tunnel from a few blocks away). Hopefully these will get fixed in the next few updates.

3. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Jabs don't give you a momentum boost or have moving hitboxes, I believe.

4. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

Lately i don't even try to capture them, i just destroy them, as they are nearly impossible to cap.
    I would remove spawning in ballistas being captured, because if you dont, but you remove the invincibility you can get some spawnkills over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again, and NOBODY likes that.

5. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

AFAIK slash distance is modified by your velocity, jabbing doesn't get the same benefit.

TheDirtySwine likes this.
  6. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Glad jabs aren't enhanced by speed. Laggy jabber are still a nasty problem tho :(