1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Orange is the new blue

Discussion in 'Balance' started by Verzuvius, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

I have suggested (fine, Fuzzy, I have mentioned) that water should stun for shorter period and then after the stun your clothes are soaked which make you slower for a couple of seconds.

EhRa likes this.
  2. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

I like this idea also because fire wouldn't be so easily put out (how many times I struggled to set this giant wooden shit on fire and when I finally hit, they just threw one waterbomb which had an extinguishing radius of the Tsar Bomba, tossing a glass ball full of water does not extinguish everything in radius of like 8 meters, jeez).

icemusher likes this.
  3. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

As much as I like this idea, I still really like trolling Knights who are about to bombjump with a perfectly-timed water arrow. I don't want to lose that.

icemusher, Verzuvius and Blue_Tiger like this.
  4. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Water arrows could make the knight throw the bomb in the opposite direction and maybe the bomb could deal damage to other enemies!

I am like :huh?:

And knights gonna be :rektlord:
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 30, 2015, Original Post Date: Jan 29, 2015 ---
    @Geti, @FuzzyBlueBaron got your attentions, can I get it now?

5. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I've not really even been butt-hurt by water the way a lot of people seem to have, so not a lot I can say on that front. I do like the idea of fire arrows being somewhat more readily available, but that said their scarcity does encourage foolish builders to build the most... convenient structures... :rekt:

Dargona1018 likes this.
  6. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

I've not been butt-hurt either but I just love fire. :camping::skull::camping:

Fernegulus likes this.
  7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You kidding? Everything is already mega cheap. Kill one guy and you can easily afford fire. I'm not convinced fire spam all day every day would improve anyone's experience - if anything I'd prefer to see special ammo use (including bombs) reduced so its used means something, but of course I appreciate that the community at large couldn't handle changes like that.

I'm vaguely considering increasing the cost of water but they never pay for themselves, because you get no coin income from firing them (unless you stun someone off a cliff + they die from fall dmg). It is something I hear a lot of though (usually while someone's spamming me with water - they run out of money quickly enough though).

Verzuvius, Dargona1018 and kodysch like this.
  8. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Something to consider is that while the person that shoots the water arrow rarely gets gold directly from it, it usually ends up in a kill. Coins that feed knights bombs, and in the case of generous knights items that make their way back to archers pockets.

9. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Sure, which is why I say water encourages teamwork and levels the "pub stomp" aspect a touch. I'd replace the "usually" there with "when applied appropriately" though. I've been chain-spammed with 8 water arrows by a jaded archer before with no enemies around and hence they just wasted 80c - without some cooperation, water isn't worth much.

I'm also considering adopting gather's "water knows no teams" aspects but again I feel it'd be badly received in pub play - and open another avenue for griefing.

10. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

wasnt that the case before? i remember stun-spamming arcrave some point in Beta with team water arrows.

11. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Yeye, I am just butt-hurt because archers can only buy three things from their shops but knights can buy four. However are both able to use mines. However are mines often more useful for knights as they can easier trigger it by themselves. Welp, I just want to see some change.

Btw in the current state, if an archer got 30g it buys a water arrow not a fire arrow, unless the opponent got a 92,3-100% wooden fort.

Water should just slow 'em down - reduce movement speed, maybe even reduce attack speed. Or it should be removed as I'd love to see another special arrow replace it.

Also, I think that water arrows are wrong for archer in another way. Archer is a support AND destructive class. I find water arrows not so consistent as they stun the enemy for a while and then it's ova! What I am trying to say is that archers regular arrows are their support and their special arrows are the destructive! Or at least that's how it should be.

Thank you Geti for commenting. Doesn't matter if you read this post. I'll always love ya!

12. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

I disagree - water arrows are support, fire arrows can be support or destructive and bomb arrows are destructive. Regular arrows are the things you use to get some lucky shots in on your enemies.

13. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

So fire arrows have a better aim?

14. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

You shoot arrow after arrow into a horde of knights, whether it hits them or their shield is luck based. If you want to use a fire arrow like that, go ahead, but I will generally spend time lining the shot to hit when they are unshielded.

15. Geti

Yeah it was at some point, but got removed due to "grif grif", which is why I'm hesitant to bring it back. Works ok in gather but there have been some terrible/hilarious mess-ups with them that pubs are less equipped to deal with happily.

We had it like this for a while (with little stars around their head, and only movement allowed, no use of any action button) but it was deemed too tricky to use (as it doesn't really force any sort of engagement) and not worth the money. With extreme slow it could maybe work but I dont see how that's much better than being fully stunned tbh, only giving you the illusion of being able to do anything about dying if you're surrounded. Was also extra annoying cause it hit teamies at the time so you ended up with a heap of people not able to hit one another running around.

16. I rather think that even though it be a bit unbalanced, it best stay the way it is. I don't think there's a better solution, and as it has been stated many times above, water arrows don't give you coins when you hit a person. I agree the stun time should be shortened, I hate it when a knight water-bombs me and just leaves me helpless as he jabs.

@Tormbonio