1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Make fire the new cancer

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Fernegulus, Feb 10, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Precisely this is about shops, and burning them. Seriously, firearrows are basically useless against shops which is really bad, because even though all the backwall behind the workshop becomes flame, embers and cinder, the shop itself somehow survives. It's really a pain in the ass when I'm dying over and over to set that fucking base on fire and when I do it burns wildly and gives a popcorn-worth look... But nothing more, really. Obviously, it is reasonable that the shop won't burn when it's stone-backwalled, but if it's not, it kind of makes no sense.

Do me a favor and try not to notice this shittery in my tongue, I'm somehow really tired.

2. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Tried to picture this from the builder class. And with that in mind I think a shop should burn with a fire arrow even if there's stone back walling.

In this scenario a builder is punished in leaving his/her shop exposed enough to be hit with a fire arrow; yet rewards them as their stone structure is not burnt down and can be reused.

Moral of the story from this would be protect your shops from enemy access/damage and don't build the protection purely from wood.

Both good behaviours to instil into new builder players I think right? :)

3. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I think the way it works is if some of the shop has stone backwall then the shop will survive. But if the whole thing has wood backwall, it does get destroyed. I think it should be the other way around, if it has any wood backwall that catches fire than it should get destroyed.

Blue_Tiger and SirDangalang like this.
  4. hierbo

hierbo Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

But... The shop is made of wood; tons of it! Why shouldn't it burn? The stone back wall would stay and keep the rest of the structure from collapsing, but the shop itself is totally wood.

5. jpbkiller

jpbkiller Shark Slayer

If there's some wooden blocks touching the shop , then I have nothing against your idea . It's punishing the builder and teachs him to protect the shops .

SirDangalang and Potatobird like this.
  6. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Exactly, or even just placing stone backwall next to any wood blocks, that also prevents fire. The arrow has to stick to wood to spread at all in the first place.

I love looking for those single blocks of vulnerability that I can use to cause a ton of destruction.

7. This should be fine as long as it doesn't burn tunnels because that kinda doesn't make sense

Fernegulus likes this.
  8. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Isn't this a bug report? ::D:

Fernegulus likes this.
  9. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

good point, obviously, the stone-type workshops like tunnel and storage should be fireproof

Mods: Rainbows