1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Let's Fix TTH - Accepting Your Suggestions!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nand, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

FBB yup, I definitely agree. Honestly both modes could use a revamp, but it's very hard to justify the time remaking most of the game yet again rather than moving on to something else - the files are there for you guys to play with and we always consider meaningful community contributions.

Sir_Walter and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  2. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

Alternative plan: delete new KAG, force everyone to play old KAG, everything is made well again.

Thank you, thank you. Yes, I know. It's genius. I don't know how I come up with these plans either.

3. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

:huh?:

J-man2003 likes this.
  4. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

Sounds legit to me, but you have to deal with the nubs that ask about special arrows, grappling hooks, kegs, mines, water bombs, drivable vehicles, boats, and on that note, water, halls, triple shots, Steam, and any other questions they may have.

EDIT: You also have to deal with all the people that like those things.

5. super_gaming_geek

super_gaming_geek Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

:huh?: Really? :huh?:

6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Judging by the reactions, I'd say you've got some pretty good suppliers, Beelze; tell me, where can I get me some quality bait?

7. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

Is it bad that many are almost enthusiastic about the prospect of reverting to alpha?

8. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

everyone=beezle

9. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

He's a crowd all his own :potato:

PUNK123 likes this.
  10. Nand

Nand Arsonist Tester

Version 0.1 of the mod is ready to go as soon as the current curl API errors get fixed.

What I've added thus far:
    • The coin system from ctf has been added
    • The rate of autospawns from workshops has been slowed by a factor of 8
    • But thats okay, because you can now purchase items from workshops directly!

There are some really great ideas in this thread. Things I'm considering:
    • Removing research totally and building in scroll purchases with coins via team pooling or single person
    • Increased number of workshops decreasing cost of items i.e. every bomb shop in a hall drops the price by 2 gold
    • Bombers ::):
    Major props to @FuzzyBlueBaron as I loved pretty much idea he suggested, especially the individual/team scroll purchase dichotomy.

J-man2003, Kububv, Fuzzle and 3 others like this.
  11. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

What if certain triggers contributed to the team gold pool, which would basically be like "points" that you could only spend at the merchant shop?

12. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

LUV U :heart:

J-man2003 likes this.
  13. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Isn't there a reason why they don't exist in CTF?

J-man2003 and Fuzzle like this.
  14. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Excited to try out said mod once it comes out; would be good to see some of these things in practice--rather than just theorycrafting. ::):

15. Nand

Nand Arsonist Tester

Server's up, take a look for
    [Syn] Tweak the Halls - Custom TTH

I'm gonna need your guys input for balancing of course, this 0.1 version is very basic.

Kububv, kedram, PUNK123 and 1 other person like this.
  16. kedram

i havent had the chance to look at it yet, but i would say a good ballance to tth is to limit certain shop types in terms of quantity per hall. right now in vanilla tth you can just spam keg shops, water shops, bomb shops, bomb arrow shops, siege shops. basically all the op stuff that ruins tth in massive quantities. i would say even mass bomb shops are bad even though not the main issue. limiting kegs to 1 shop per hall would be good. same with bomb arrows. water, bomb and food shops should be at least 3 per hall, and siege should also be 1 per hall. Once i get a chance to look at it tho il give input on all the other things.

17. kedram

in vanilla there isnt, what im saying is that there should be a limit.

18. kedram

oh so a limit was implemented :3, ok well i didnt know exactly what had been done for changes yet :p. its good that that was changed tho, probly was the biggest issue.

19. r0ber7

r0ber7 Shopkeep Stealer

reward people for kills.

20. Zaedeor

Zaedeor Shipwright

Been there for a while... Guess you people really don't play TTH. Though neither do I.