1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Archer Buff: Kicking Dirt

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Pixelated_Romantic, Feb 15, 2015.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Pixelated_Romantic

Pixelated_Romantic Catapult Fodder

I think archers should be able to kick dirt or sand with the space bar and stun somebody for a little less than half a second to make it easier to get away as an archer and not get totally pwned. Even if it had a bit of a cool down so that you can't just spam someone by stunning them over and over, it would still make playing as an archer more fun and useful.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
    igigor, PUNK123, Hallic and 2 others like this.
  2. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

so in addition to the shotgun blast that essentially makes archers a close-ranged class, and the grappling hook you can use to scoot away after stunning someone this way, you want a dedicated "stun" key so you don't have to master that pesky timing :^)

3. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I'd like to see this on the builder instead.

4. Horse_That_Goes_Ni

Horse_That_Goes_Ni Your favorite Persian Staff Alumni Donator

This^

If any class deserves a buff its the builder.

blackjoker77777 and PUNK123 like this.
  5. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

*cough* grapplin *cough*

yup.

6. Sky_Captain_Bjorn

Sky_Captain_Bjorn Bison Rider

I'd just like it if the archer was able to break through dirt and dig in general (like the knight with his sword). Would make me feel more useful in times where digging is required.

golemn, J-man2003 and Blue_Tiger like this.
  7. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

I'd rather see archers getting better at something else.

8. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Wouldn't it be cool if knights could shoot arrows and build? I think that would make them seem more useful when not being a knight is required.

kodysch likes this.
  9. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

builder buffing ftw yes plz

icemusher likes this.
  10. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Oh come on, Shnitz; it'd be cool if archers could dig (even if it was painfully slow digging). Then we could have filthy archer tunnelers making holes that're only 1 block high (and require the grapple to crawl through).

À la:

:blank::blank::blank::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    :blank::blank::blank::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    :blank::blank::blank::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::dirt_bg:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:

Kinda cool, no? :rekt:
    ----

But anyway, back on topic guys. If you want archers to have the ability (or not) to dig then that discussion belongs in a separate thread.

Dargona1018, J-man2003, 8x and 3 others like this.
  11. super_gaming_geek

super_gaming_geek Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

I am with you guys BUFF THE BUILDAH

PUNK123 likes this.
  12. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

just... why?

To the builder suggestions, I also think builders should be buffed, and yet what I disagree with you on is the area in which he is buffed. Why the flying fuck do you want to make him a combat class?

13. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I'd hardly call giving the builder a stun a transition into combat class.

14. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

What I'm trying to point out, is that nearly all builder tweaks refer to combat, when the main purpose of his is lying forgotten in a dungeon.

J-man2003 and kodysch like this.
  15. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Archers do need something to do with that pesky spacebar IMO... but they already have custom arrows which is similar to bombs.

But I would like to see some other ability besides different arrows, if knights were similar to archers then they would have different swords. I'm all for archers being able to destroy blocks, but having a stun button seems like to much when they could triple shot or just grapple away.

EDIT: Okay I really only care if archers have the added ability to destroy dirt and wood with either their bow or the spacebar, but seriously archers need the ability to destroy the blocks that knights can.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
    Sky_Captain_Bjorn likes this.
  16. swiggityswooty

swiggityswooty Shopkeep Stealer

as others have said, archers don't need a buff right now imo. they have cqc and are the fastest class in the game. if a knight is able to rek you like that chances are you're doing something wrong.. consider running away just before that last arrow.
    totally for this being added to builder, it would make sense and allow for newer builders to not be complete knight-feed.

J-man2003 likes this.
  17. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

1) Pocket Sand > Kicking dirt

(Also gives them a reason to leave sand never implemented and every time some dumbass brings it up to tell them to try modding it in itself, eventually [who am I kidding it won't happen] someone might even use it to make a tutorial on how to get started on KAG modding)
    2)Tunnel snakes rule.

J-man2003 likes this.
  18. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Needs more "gib mone or ban". Also, we've learned from the water buckets of desolation, that free stuns are the worst things you can ever give people.

19. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

#classicbowdiggin

Ok Back on topic. Archers DO NOT need another way to stun somebody. And think about it IRL, how does kicking dirt at someone stun them. Yes, I know water doesnt really stun someoen irl, but it can disrupt their movements.

And what about the spam? Continually pressing space (if the button would be space) to continually stun your opponents.

20. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I believe it was explained that the water doesn't stun people, the glass does, or at least that's what I've been told whenever I say water doesn't stun people.

FuzzyBlueBaron and Verzuvius like this.
Mods: Rainbows