1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mentorship Program! APPLY FOR STUDENT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Verzuvius, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpbkiller

jpbkiller Shark Slayer

If someone should be @StarskyGianni student , it should be me #revelations
    But I'm a teachers *sadface*

2. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

huh, I don't care I was the first one to choose @StarskyGianni so now he is mine ,he is my own teacher 78787878

3. Sytoplasma

Sytoplasma Haxor

Teach people to spike drop.

4. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Due to this, I've been thinking of not having too many mentors (5 from each region). I don't know what you think about this but I think it's necessary. I don't want the program to die after a week. I hope you will be understandable.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 14, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 14, 2015 ---
    https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/why-should-you-become-a-mentor.23006/

IMPORTANT!

5. jpbkiller

jpbkiller Shark Slayer

5 EU and 5 US ? Seems okay too me .First thing is to get the cycle going , if we can manage to do that with 20 persons (10Teachers 10 students) it should be okay to go and add more persons .

6. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

Well time to get rid of some eu mentors lol, (I was first don't remove me!!!)

Verzuvius likes this.
  7. Pizza

Pizza Ballista Bolt Thrower

Dude, are you god?

DatNobby and blackjoker77777 like this.
  8. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

I guess he meant to say that he will teach them when to attack while facing serious lag.
    the last time I faced a bad lag (1 fps) someone gave me a good tip , to attack 3 seconds before reaching the enemy. And actually it worked :p:thumbs_up:

9. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Haxor Tester

lag = latency. lag =/= framedrop

StarskyGianni likes this.
  10. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

well , when my ping reaches 400 my fps drops to 1 , also yeah everything in-game looks a little bit retarded due to lag. (and I know that lag doesn't mean fps drop )
    Anyway, what I meant that those who always face lag (specially bad lag spikes) can give some useful tips for those who face the same problem ::P:

11. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

THE PROGRAM IS LIVE!!! GOOD LUCK!

12. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

@Verzuvius a little question , can I have 2 teachers? I want both @StarskyGianni and @Sette1996850 to be my teachers if possible ::):.
    Also can I have any idea when will the training start? I need to get better in the next few days :p

Verzuvius and AmestriStephen like this.
  13. StarskyGianni

StarskyGianni Shipwright

2 teachers? :huh?:
    Can you explain why?

14. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

He is THAT BAD

icemusher, 8x, DatNobby and 1 other person like this.
  15. Lawrence_Shagsworth

Lawrence_Shagsworth Joke Slayer Official Server Admin

How will the sessions between student and teacher be organized. Do we do it amongst ourselves via pm etc.?

PUNK123 likes this.
  16. blackjoker77777

1. Zen Laboratories

no I am not (-_-)
    starsky after watching you and @Sette1996850 I realised that everyone of you has his own special fighting style , you know how and when to give orders and you are the best in the slash-attack timing , while Amestri is using the shield in a perfect way that makes him almost invincible .
    You can go and kill 5 guys in the same time while Amestri can defend himself against 5 enemies and can gain a lot of time for his team.
    Today I spoke with him and I knew that his student wasn't as he expected and since I want to become a pro in both attacking and defending, I am sure that mixing your skills (I mean both of them) will make me a great player. I asked Verz and he said that getting 2 teachers is okay ,and Ame started training me today and he said the same thing you said to me last time :"Don't be offensive , don't rambo like that !" :p well he trained me on how to use the shield and how to use bombs wisely and I got better (well not so much) but look , before the training my KDR 10/60 after the training my KDR 59/45 (and I killed 5 in a row even with the horrible lag I am facing :D) . I wish you didn't misunderstand me @StarskyGianni but I just thought that this will make it easier for both of you to teach me how to get better (especially that I need training in 3 classes) this will make it more organized and more useful to me since everyone of you guys would give me custom personalized tips that would help me be less "offensive" and more "effective" in the battlefield in both attacking and defending.
    I wish you got what I mean now starsky ::):

17. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

I'm happy you liked my ""lesson""! ::):
    I will keep on teaching you new things and I hope you ll get a lot better!::D:

blackjoker77777 likes this.
  18. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

hello i need a mentor to teach me how i get gud

reminder ; no fuzzys allowed

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
    Lawrence_Shagsworth and PUNK123 like this.
  19. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I volunteer to teach Yagger.

It'll be a challenge ofc; but I'm sure that, with some effort, I can teach him how to pass for a human being. :potato:

20. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Just pm your student/teacher and go! It's simple.

Sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.