1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG single-player features, menus, the engine

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by trainchaser, Jan 20, 2015.

1. trainchaser

trainchaser Lurker THD Team Global Moderator

Hey guys,

new blog focusing mainly on planned single-player features:

http://www.thd.vg/post/108638762975/king-arthurs-gold-behind-the-scenes-single

and a bonus quote from Skinney: "Players will be able to emulate real life circuits in a simplified manner by using Levers, Pressure Plates, Wire, Diodes, Inverters, Transistors and a plethora of devices such as a Bolter which fires arrows when powered." ;)

2. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Awwyeah. ^_^

3. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Can't wait for new menus!

4. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

The menus are the most important feature in any game

Tern and thebonesauce like this.
  5. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

ftfy

6. i'd say you don't realize how correct you are. class-balance in this game was actually affected in KAG after a GUI change at least once lol

plz gib zombie dungeons

7. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I really think that adding unlockables to the game adds a reason for people to play, even if it is slightly disingenuous I believe it will keep them planing long enough to really get hooked on kag like so many of us have. What would be the possibility of making heads linked to achievements? As in get a double kill get this head. This would really have a draw to new players and really increase the chance of them being dedicated players.

damian204, Redshadow6, Arik1 and 4 others like this.
  8. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

I like the idea for unlockable heads but it would be cool if for some of them you need to play multiplayer. Also make them hard to get :rekt:

9. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

this is more of a redstone like system
    I don't like the slow speed of electricity because the 8 bit processor I'll build will be slow.

10. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

I think the way that you guys should really have newer players learn how to play the game is a big Tutorial button at the main menu, instead of hidden in Singleplayer, which is infamous for not having anything worthwhile.

Possibly, you can have it be where the first 5 times you play, it pops up saying you should play the Tutorial, the game isn't as easy as it seems, etc etc, or even just a button on the menu going directly to the tutorial (like Singleplayer and Multiplayer).

Tern, Pizza, NinjaCell and 3 others like this.
  11. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

Seems like a lot of sarcasm on this thread, but just to make clear, this was not sarcasm. The menus we have at the moment are ugly as fuck and when I first launched the game I was very negative about the game. Only reason I even bought the game was because a friend, who turned out to hate the game, said we should play it together.

12. blackjoker77777

blackjoker77777 Haxor Tester
    1. Zen Laboratories

the menu idea is great ! and I would really love to see the unlockable heads idea comes true (it will make more players join and old players be more addicted to KAG :p) but will the wire feature be included in the next patch? (which is supposed to come this week or the next one.) or should we wait until it is well-tested? and @trainchaser could you please give me any idea when will the "coop" feature be available? .Thanks is advance ::):

13. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I'm thrilled to see that you guys are still making such large and awesome updates for this game! I cannot wait to see what you guys come up with next!

SirDangalang, norill and franek123 like this.
  14. Duke_Jordan

Duke_Jordan King Arthur's Knight Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Can I slip Geti money to put off the update so Swine does not get his head? :rekt:

Also as for everything planned, I love it.

15. giggiggiggiggig

giggiggiggiggig Bison Rider

Can't wait for further updates! Really interested in these unlockables that you mentioned.

16. super_gaming_geek

super_gaming_geek Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

I cannot wait to play hours on end on single player, and earn the most glorious of heads!

icemusher likes this.
  17. pft im waiting for this to get implimented to a server. cant wait to make a bomb machine and get rid of those pesky knights from my forts

18. Dubovnik

Dubovnik Drill Rusher
    1. Top Hat Squad [THS]

I think unlocking heads in beta separately bad in my opinion. i think they should add it when release comes/about 100+ heads to do.

Pizza likes this.
  19. When release comes?

Bint and Blue_Tiger like this.