1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Action [!] CTF and Rapid CTF servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Noburu, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: jackitch
  1. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

NEW 6v6 Rapid CTF server is up in addition to the (now!) 12v12 Unlimited respawn CTF server. The new Rapid CTF server has TDM maps w/ flags and no respawns, in addition to a 4 minute time limit to prevent turtling/assholes.

The Unlimited respawn server will be getting new, bigger (~200x70), and better (hopefully) maps in the coming days.

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  2. I read Wonka's map "How to" and to practice I made 200x70 map.
    Could it be useful?

Attached Files:

Noburu likes this.
  3. Noburu

Yes I will upload it tonight when I get back up. New server gave me fits, Im way over due for sleep.

4. Baron_Norab

Baron_Norab KAG Guard Tester

I made two versions of the same map, one for Rapid CTF and the other for Action, though the action one may be a bit too small. They're both 126x100, fyi.

Rapid CTF:
    [​IMG]

Unlimited/Action CTF:
    [​IMG]

Also, If I may suggest, I recommend giving each team in Rapid CTF 6 or 12 lives and very short prep time, as right now it plays out like Rapid TDM rather than CTF.

Noburu likes this.
  5. bills6693

bills6693 Shopkeep Stealer

Increased unit cap = good idea for CTF, since its not meant to be about just killing (that is TDM) but about defense and attack.

6. On this map [​IMG] there is a bug that allows you to really fast travel from red to blue flag. You just have to power slash on the "roof" of the map. Same thing like on Catacumbs.

7. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

buggy pillars

[​IMG]

8. Noburu

We will give it a spin on the RCTF server, and yeah thats the point to not have any lives atm. Its basically suppose to be TDM with builders and prevents turtling.
    Yes I made Geti aware of that bug this morning. It only works from right to left as you said.

The CTF server will be getting mostly new and slightly larger maps before the weekend is up hopefully. Im working so it really depends on how busy I stay at work.

9. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Is it possible for me to send you a map that you can add?

Here are two of em.

KAG Map.png WeAreMoles.png

10. Noburu

Yes posting here is fine. I will get to them as soon as I can.

11. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

So what, I just send you a download? :3 Or can you just 'save as' the picture and work some magic? Because I'm not sure what to do.

12. Noburu

Yeah sorry I should have been more specific. You only need to attach the pictures just like you did above. I can just save them from there and put them on the server.

EDIT: Do you have a name for the first one?

13. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

'Hills', short and sweet. :P

I have another map coming, you can use it if you like.

14. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I LOVE the quick CTF- but only as far as it resembles RDM but with a flag and good ping for me. I think it would be far better off without workers as they just camp up the spawn and slow the game down. The big advantage of the flag in addition to lives is that you can't camp or run away forever as the enemy can just grab the flag. It's also fun sneaking past and grabbing the flag while everyone is fighting.

15. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

1v1 hill.png He isn't a quick map, but maybe a fun one.

16. Noburu

Yeah I think so too, Geti wanted to try them out though. Of course there is the 4 minute time limit as well. Going to play a few more rounds tonight when I get a chance hopefully, but I will probably disable builders again.

EDIT: Added 4 new maps to the CTF server (two of mine, Monsteri's PeasantLand, Ej's firststeps) and took some others out. Added two new maps to the RapidCTF server (Baron's rapidctfskyislesv2 and Monsteri's PeasantHill) and will take some others out after I go find Contrary's analysis of them from Shad's TDM server.

EDIT2: Took Geti's Canyon map out of rotation until he adds bridges or something to it.

EDIT3: Baron I very slightly edited your skyisle map so red didnt fall in the whole so easily. I only added a total of 2 blocks and took out one. The ceiling was too low, making the first jump nearly impossible to do running full speed.

Ej you placed your spawns on the wrong sides. Blue has to go on the left and red on the right. Otherwise you initially spawn on the wrong side of the map :D Was an interesting game though. Maybe that should be a new game mode. You start WITH your flag and have to fight across the map to return it. See attached image. This was taken right as the round started. After we died we respawned in the right places.

KAG 2011-11-20 02-18-16-51.jpg

17. ROTFL. I didn't notice, cause as you know, when you test map in single/editor it doesn't have tents.

18. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Noburo, do you want me to make you maps intill you find one that you may like?

19. Noburu

No thanks, Ive got quite a few in the pipeline now. Thanks for asking though :D

20. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

I can confirm this. also on lot's of other maps as well.

Also, in the first post, it says that maps are accepted and will/might be used. Is that an error for the moment?

Mods: jackitch
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.