1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Read this first! Guidelines

Discussion in 'Game modes' started by Wonka, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Wonka

Wonka KAG Guard Tester

EDIT by Noburu: Wonka has stepped down from moderation due to lack of time. Please PM me or Rayne if you need a thread title changed, etc.
    _______
    This Sub-Forum should be used to share your ideas of other possible game modes.

What/How are you meant to post?
    1. Thread-Title example: Capture The Flag [CTF]
    2. The Post:
    • An description of the game mode and how it is played is needed.
    • You have to share the game mode files. (e.g.: gamemode.cfg, team1.cfg, team2.cfg, knight.cfg, archer.cfg)
    • You can give an example server on which the game mode is played, so others can test it. (maybe with a link to the Server-Forum-Thread of the server)

Questions should be asked in this thread.

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Does anyone know how AddBotX works? I've been having problems getting SirSalami's Coop to work.

Another question to add (I'm guessing these are questions only Geti or MM know the answers to, since I haven't found documentation), is it possible to add multiple versions of a class with the same sprite at the moment? I've been trying in Coop to add a 'boss' each wave, that has around 10 hearts to complement the regular knights that have 3. However if I change 'name' to Knight, it does everything like a Knight, if I change it to anything else it goes to Builder sprite and acting like a builder. This 'name', negates everything in the file I add for some reason.

3. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Updated the OP. Wonka has stepped down from forum moderation due to time constraints. PM me instead with anything you might need in the modding forums.

4. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

I have a question. can someone post the premium server night/day / newshop's/coloured lanterns Files here? cant figure outhow to do any of it, and i would like to make a custom gamemode with it.

5. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Kindly ask Luigi or Rayne on IRC and I am sure they would help you out.

6. BlueLuigi

Grab this: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/day-night-ctf.4680/#post-78648
    Now read the readme, should be all you need, hopefully.

Noburu likes this.
  7. BurnedKirby

BurnedKirby Catapult Fodder

How exactly do coins work from the gamemode.cfg?
    It appears that in Zombie Fortress, you get coins from building, and yet there doesn't appear to be anything special/different for that particular gamemode. Is this get-coins-from-building-feature hard-coded into the game?
    And I assume that increasing coins_build_percentage increases the amount of coins gained/lost from mining/destroying friendly blocks?

8. BlueLuigi

Indeed coins_build_percentage is what you want, set it to 0 and you won't get coins from building/mining.

9. Beepo

Beepo Asian Faggot Donator
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Is it possible to buy migrants from a shop? I'm not sure if we can do that to current build, but about 8 months ago, I was testing a game mode from Strathos, and we bought migrants from a shop to keep up our units. If there is a way, please paste me the code, I know how to buy zombies, but not Migrant, weird...

10. Mildophin

Mildophin Explorer Naturalist Donator

Yes it's possible ;)

*I write the code*

@$rooms = ZOMBIE SHOPS; Entities/Rooms/Sprites/Nursery.png; $KEY7$ to buy migrant; migrant; w50, s20;

@$room_functions = migrant; zombie; Entities/Actors/Migrant.cfg; Entities/Actors/Sprites/MigrantMale.png; Entities/Actors/Sounds/MigrantSayTada.ogg; 0; 32; Migrant; c10;

Beepo likes this.
  11. ImranZak

ImranZak Shopkeep Stealer

Greetings. What if i do not have a dedicated autostart.gm? I host using the server gui thing so i don't need one. am i required to make one? Also am i allowed to let forum people help with stuff like this if i make a game mode thread?