1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

So KAG is underated?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by J-man2003, Feb 21, 2015.

?

Do you think KAG is underated?

Poll closed Feb 21, 2017.
  1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

18.4%
  3. I don't know

7.1%
  4. I don't care

17.3%
  1. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

Just scroll down a little and see what you find:

http://www.indiedb.com/games/rated

So KAG is one of the most top-rated indie games? Hmph, there's something wrong with this picture *cough* player retention *cough*

Also IndieDB considered it in the genre of "arcade", scrubs.

2. JackMcDaniels

JackMcDaniels Haxor

Not enough 80% off steams deals, need to have one at least every fortnight.

Also pushing for it to be in every single humble bundle is pretty important.

DragonShark likes this.
  3. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

That's because player retention is so low

4. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

Not enough in-depth gamemodes to keep players interested. You can only keg spam your way to victory so many times until things get stale. I would say this game needs a good mod, but as it turns out over half of the player base has never bothered to join a modded server.

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong about that. Maybe Shiprekt with islands or redstone mod will get people flocking back by the hundreds.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    jimmyzoudcba, icemusher, Ajax and 4 others like this.
  5. kittycity

kittycity Haxor

For most people modded servers is wayyyyyy to laggy. I would probally play alphelions all day but its just too choppy. :eek:

icemusher, kedram and PUNK123 like this.
  6. Dubovnik

Dubovnik Drill Rusher
    1. Top Hat Squad [THS]

*The wave of zombies is getting stronger....* Yes, Modded servers its a bit too laggy. could be just playing on solo though :)

icemusher likes this.
  7. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

So the problem is people's systems? Heck, then Minecraft should have small player retention, it was slow as crap on my old laptop, and KAG was fine.

icemusher likes this.
  8. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

It's not people's systems, mods for kag, especially aphelions just are very laggy, usually because of the amount of blobs

Kububv likes this.
  9. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

They aren't laggy for me, at all. though I do have a quite nice computer.

10. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Try to play on Aphelion's server for one hour, I'll guarantee you'll rip your eyes out after that.
    It doesn't matter how good PC you got, KAG's modded servers will still lag as hell.

icemusher and Asu like this.
  11. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

yes they are, this is serverside lag, which distributes over all clients (though lag on client can accumulate with it, causing ridculous shit)

12. Chrispin

Chrispin KAG Guard Tester

So is the issue bad frame rate or high latency? Do you guys have this issue in Shiprekt?

TBH my client crashes every time I try to join Aphelion's RP

Fuzzle likes this.
  13. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

Low player count is what you get when you crap all over your old players destroying kag classic and making another game with the same name of KAG

icemusher, Sturm and Bammboo like this.
  14. Lehmure

Lehmure Shark Slayer
    1. KRPG

LucasTT: That's called karma.
    I really agree with this, and that the modded server really lags a lot. Seriously, my computer crash if i get in Aphelion's server. And Kag also has a lot of game modes who can be won always by the same way, like Chrispin said.

15. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Isn't the default filter system to stop modded servers appearing? If I had to speacially turn off a button to access a server then got a message about how the server was dangerous I would have second thoughts about playing on it. Assuming I ever saw the button.
    I think lag on modded servers is less because they are modded and more have you seen the size of aphelions map? And they might be less optimized than kag since they haven't got a pro coder. That said vanilla kag is a poorly optimised lag fest so its all in relation.

Rayne and Chrispin like this.
  16. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

I miss the FUN servers.... THAT was real fun

icemusher likes this.
  17. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

*Ba dum tss*

But yeah, FUN CTF and CTF expanded were very good servers, but suddenly the admins/modders/hosters disappeared from the face of earth and were never seen or heard from again (except for @Tsilliev, that little fegget started playing Rimworld instead :rektlord:)
    Oh and those other fun servers, Shiprekt+ in EU, Bunnyfection... Where the hell did the dissappear too? They were all so fun but suddenly went down...

jimmyzoudcba, Asu, Jedi13 and 2 others like this.
  18. AmestriStephen

AmestriStephen Haxor Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

but... I.....I... I wasnt joking...
    ;_;

19. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

well from what i know shiprekt is still there and still being worked on, bunnyfectation... @Skinney might have an answer for this :P

20. Tern

Tern Quickfish Donator Official Server Admin
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

I think looking for a mod to keep people around is the wrong solution. Achievements or unlockable heads would do a much better job of improving player retention than some laggy mod that's fun to play for a couple hours.

NastyCamper likes this.